Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

Ok, you asked........... NO.

1.) Mini-14's are not known for accuracy. Pretty much any AR-15 will beat the pants off the Mini.
    I hear the newer ones are "better".

2.) Proprietary magazines. You can't use USGI M16 style mags in the Mini. You have to use special mags. Ruger factory mags are good stuff but expensive. Aftermarket mags, especially ProMag are utter crap. DO NOT buy.
    IMO, not making the Mini use AR mags was one of the dumbest things Ruger ever did. Bill Ruger did that on purpose.

3.) Cost. You can snag good quality AR's nowadays for the same price. And then you have the huge aftermarket support.

4.) Triggers on them suck. Yes, you can improve them.

Now, if you just gotta then go on ahead. The Mini IS a fun gun to shoot. I've had several over the years and they all have been very reliable.
    Accuracy tho was poor will all of them. I had a hard time hitting the ground with one when I dropped it.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Ok, you asked........... NO.

1.) Mini-14's are not known for accuracy. Pretty much any AR-15 will beat the pants off the Mini.
    I hear the newer ones are "better".

2.) Proprietary magazines. You can't use USGI M16 style mags in the Mini. You have to use special mags. Ruger factory mags are good stuff but expensive. Aftermarket mags, especially ProMag are utter crap. DO NOT buy.
    IMO, not making the Mini use AR mags was one of the dumbest things Ruger ever did. Bill Ruger did that on purpose.

3.) Cost. You can snag good quality AR's nowadays for the same price. And then you have the huge aftermarket support.

4.) Triggers on them suck. Yes, you can improve them.

Now, if you just gotta then go on ahead. The Mini IS a fun gun to shoot. I've had several over the years and they all have been very reliable.
    Accuracy tho was poor will all of them. I had a hard time hitting the ground with one when I dropped it.
    Gotcha. AR-15 > Mini-14

But I DO think they are cool rifles.

Usually they are around 600-700, figured the laminate stock may throw it over the top.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    So, I've been thinking that this Black Friday and Cyber Monday hasn't been the greatest for deals, at least concerning what we are looking at in this forum. On my way in to work listening to the abomination that is Houston radio, a few hosts said the same was true for the "average shopper" as well.

What are y'all's thoughts? Were there more or fewer deals this go round? Or am I just too damned calloused and cheap?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom