• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Other than changing the upper to the $450 6.5 creedmoore

No one should ever be talked out of a new gun.

my gen 2 PA 308 runs fine and out shoots my skills. I just got the 6.5 c upper ordered last week and shipping shows it will be at my door Monday.

Not saying PA has fixed there shipping delays but the last 4-5 things I have ordered have shipped really quick.

Just remember there is up to 15 days wait on an upper from them or at least it says that in most of the adds.

Complete Gen 2 AR10 from PSA, $530
    Different configs available for a few bucks more.
    Somebody talk me out of this...

Upper $350
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...r-with-bcg-and-charging-handle-516445344.html

Lower $180
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-gen2-pa10-308-complete-classic-lower-receiver-77932912.html

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I did that last year...built a 6.5 creedmoor upper for it. There were a few of the .308’s that appeared to be over gassed. Co-worker had to have PSA replace the barrel as the gas port was too big. I have heard of others having warranty voided by putting an adjustable gas block on theirs... Either way not a bad deal.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I dont think the newer stuff is as bad and its boiled down to DPMS and Non DPMS for the most part.

Aren’t all AR10’s somewhat incompatible between various MFR’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I dont think the newer stuff is as bad and its boiled down to DPMS and Non DPMS for the most part.
    This ^^^

PSA is almost LR308 compatible... but you can't put a PSA upper on a DPMS/LR308 lower or vice-versa... I believe they take SR-25 mags, tho. If they did it right and it was compatible with what I already have, I'd have bought one (or more).

Of course, there are 2 generations of DPMS LR308s, and they're not 100% compatible with each other...

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Since none of y’all talked me out of it, I’ve got a PSA PA10 308 complete lower and complete 6.5 creedmore (blem) upper incoming, from the deal posted above.

$150 less than buying a complete 6.5 creedmore rifle from them.

Reviews say “almost MOA” accuracy.
    Good enough for $650, methinks.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I did that last year...built a 6.5 creedmoor upper for it. There were a few of the .308’s that appeared to be over gassed. Co-worker had to have PSA replace the barrel as the gas port was too big. I have heard of others having warranty voided by putting an adjustable gas block on theirs... Either way not a bad deal.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    The 6.5 creedmoore has an adjustable gas block

Looks like the 308 still lacks it.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    The G2 is new to me.
    "

Instead of a large cavity in the nose, Gold Dot G2 has only a shallow dish filled with a high-performance elastomer. On impact, the material is forced into specially designed fissures to start the expansion process, as opposed to conventional bulletdesigns, which need target media to enter the hollow point and create expansion forces. The result is extremely uniform expansion, and more consistent penetration across barrier types, gun platforms and barrel lengths.

The key to the success of this duty ammo lies in the elastomer center. Similar to Hornady’s Critical Defense and Critical Duty ammo, the new Gold Dot G2 has a polymer filled center to aid in expansion."
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/11/07/speer-gold-dot-g2-now-filling-duty-le-magazines/

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I got this for $19/box of 50, so I bought 10 boxes.

20180617_154307.jpg

ETA: Sorry it's sideways.
    Still shoots straight.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    "

Instead of a large cavity in the nose, Gold Dot G2 has only a shallow dish filled with a high-performance elastomer. On impact, the material is forced into specially designed fissures to start the expansion process, as opposed to conventional bulletdesigns, which need target media to enter the hollow point and create expansion forces. The result is extremely uniform expansion, and more consistent penetration across barrier types, gun platforms and barrel lengths.

The key to the success of this duty ammo lies in the elastomer center. Similar to Hornady’s Critical Defense and Critical Duty ammo, the new Gold Dot G2 has a polymer filled center to aid in expansion."
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/11/07/speer-gold-dot-g2-now-filling-duty-le-magazines/

I have seen reports of the Hornady's polymer filled tips FTF jamming in pistols.

Top Bottom