• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I'm debating whether to buy the Sellier &Bellot at $170 without a rebate or the Blazer at $180 before rebate ($160 after rebate). Knowing myself, I'll probably screw around and not send in the rebate form. So the S&B makes for sense.

jrr14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2018
    US
    I'm debating whether to buy the Sellier &Bellot at $170 without a rebate or the Blazer at $180 before rebate ($160 after rebate). Knowing myself, I'll probably screw around and not send in the rebate form. So the S&B makes for sense.
    Where was the blazer with rebate?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

I never follow through with rebates, but that's just me.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I’m struggling through a “rebate promotion” right now. (I’d go the non-rebate route especially if it’s Federal Blazer with rebates handled by Vista Outdoor Promotions).

I bought a bulk box of 500 rounds Blazer 9mm, their Black Pac, I think they called it. This was a sale Brownell’s had (@16.9 cents/rd)... not a bad price by itself. But you could also send in a rebate to Federal which effectively dropped the price to $0.149 per round. I bit... I didn’t really need the ammo but where else are you going to be able to say you got new production 9mm brass for that kind of price?

Via an email filing (which was permitted), I sent in photo ‘proof’ of all their required documentation. Apparently I didn’t capture the date on the Brownell’s invoice (though shipping documents clearly showed the date tied to that product). My rebate was rejected; I sent in another photo of the Brownell’s invoice making sure to get the date in the photo. No response from Outdoor Promotions. The rebate time period now expires. I give up and write it off as a “lesson learned”. I did however, write Brownell’s an email back, kinda scolding them for participating in what I considered somewhat of a rebate scam (an overly restrictive third party processor - whose job was apparently to find any means possible not to pay the rebate).

After a few days, Brownell’s sent me a copy of a new invoice - one, I had not seen before. And gave me a phone number to call at the third party rebate processor; their “special handling” unit. I followed their instructions and sent them a copy of the new Brownell’s invoice. After a couple more weeks (just a few days ago), I received an email saying my $20 rebate was being processed and to allow four to six weeks to receive the check. All for a twenty dollar rebate(!) - good thing I’m retired, otherwise I sure would never have chased the darn thing....just not worth it! {And, of course, I ain’t got the cash in hand yet....}

Last edited:

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I never follow through with rebates, but that's just me.

Same here. The last one I think I followed through on was when I bought my PX4 and got a $75 rebate or something like that. I always have the best intentions, but my execution is poor.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Should be going on sale in about 15 to 30 minutes...

Probably best as an add on to a larger order.

ATI OMNI HYBRID AR15 STRIPPED LOWER RECIEVER - Cyber Monday DoorBuster- $15 + $10 flat rate shipping

Limit 1 per customer

https://www.laxammo.com/specials/at...ower-reciever-cyber-monday-door-buster-detail
    Well that was a big fail on LAX Ammo's part... I've been going back and forth with them on when I'm going to get the lower. They claim it was shipped to my FFL, but they can't provide a tracking number. Supposedly it was shipped from some other vendor. They won't answer their phone or return messages, and email communication with them has been painfully slow and very vague. I've filed a dispute on the CC charge; ****'em. Too bad since I've bought a lot of ammo from them before. Never again...

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Well that was a big fail on LAX Ammo's part... I've been going back and forth with them on when I'm going to get the lower. They claim it was shipped to my FFL, but they can't provide a tracking number. Supposedly it was shipped from some other vendor. They won't answer their phone or return messages, and email communication with them has been painfully slow and very vague. I've filed a dispute on the CC charge; ****'em. Too bad since I've bought a lot of ammo from them before. Never again...

Wow! Surprised to hear that sort of behavior from them. If I recall, i think I wasn't able to complete an order, which was expected. but to lie and string you along is straight up bull shit. Sorry to hear about that .

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Dammit, stop it. You saw my ranting about wanting a 44 mag didn't you?

I hadn't, but perhaps it was the little devil working through me to tempt you.

main2.jpg

Attachments

• main2.jpg
      main2.jpg
      65.6 KB · Views: 280
    Top Bottom