ARJ Defense ad

Good news for some of you; I am in hospital.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Let me know if you need some reading material. I've a few good books that might keep you entertained, or at least you mind off of your troubles.

I've got, American Sniper, SEAL Team Six, Killing Lincoln, Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Just about Everything" you're welcome to any or all of them. Bryson's book is great if you like science kind of stuff and it's easy to read 50 or so pages and stop without interrupting the flow. I'll be glad to drop them off.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Let me know if you need some reading material. I've a few good books that might keep you entertained, or at least you mind off of your troubles.

I've got, American Sniper, SEAL Team Six, Killing Lincoln, Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Just about Everything" you're welcome to any or all of them. Bryson's book is great if you like science kind of stuff and it's easy to read 50 or so pages and stop without interrupting the flow. I'll be glad to drop them off.

Heck of a nice offer.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    TXI, best of luck, hope it all turns out well.

I do have a question, would a colonoscopy have discovered this? I ask because the majority of men our age (upper 40s and beyond) that I talk with have not had one done. The American Cancer Society recommends one for men and women starting at age 50 unless they have a family history, at which point they should be done ten years in age before the family member was diagnosed. As my mother was 45 when she had to have a colon restructuring, I have had to have them every five years but I didn't start until I was 40.

In as much as a colonoscopy can be uncomfortable, it can be a life-saver. Nothing more tragic than to lose your life over something easily preventable...

Get well soon!

Cheers! M2

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

I do have a question, would a colonoscopy have discovered this? I ask because the majority of men our age (upper 40s and beyond) that I talk with have not had one done. The American Cancer Society recommends one for men and women starting at age 50 unless they have a family history, at which point they should be done ten years in age before the family member was diagnosed. As my mother was 45 when she had to have a colon restructuring, I have had to have them every five years but I didn't start until I was 40.

In as much as a colonoscopy can be uncomfortable, it can be a life-saver. Nothing more tragic than to lose your life over something easily preventable...

Get well soon!

Cheers! M2

sorta, they scope you, to see if you have it. But if you have it, there ain't much they can do other than pump you full of antibiotics then if it's reoccurring, cut it out.

And don't worry about hospital food, you will barely eat anything for a week.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Prayers your way.

My dad had the same issue, kept him from being drafted. He went to MEPS and tried to go anyway but they had his records.

Anyway, he had parts of his colon removed and lived a normal life. I hope you have the same luck.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Thought I posted earlier, nobody wants to see anyone this way, you are a valued member here and I love reading your point of view (even if you're calling me out on something). You'll pull through and be better than ever, no doubt in my mind.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Get well soon!

Cheers! M2

Fair question, one I will ask my surgeon today. I know my GP hs been trying to get me to do one for a few years now.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I want to say something; You guys are all terrific people We have our disagreements, but when it comes down to it we are all people with a very common bond.

I promise to remember that.

Top Bottom