• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Get over yourself.

Your idea of freedom seems to be a world where everyone agrees with your views and people only do things you believe are right.

Try to fathom the idea of disagreeing with something and still believing it should be legal because it doesn't actually violate any of your rights.

Daaaaayum!

Decriminalize everything, nothing illegal, No Crime! Life would be great.

The only true crimes are ones that have a clear victim. Property crimes (theft, destruction of property, etc.) and violent crimes (assault, robbery, rape) all have clear victims and are therefore real crimes. In cases where there is no victim to be found ("society" is a fictional construct, not a person or even actual group and therefore cannot be a victim), there is no real crime in spite of the illegality of an act.

This concept can be seen in the legal terms "malum in se" and "malum prohibitum." They're Latin roughly translate (going from memory here) to "bad in and of itself", or plainly immoral and "bad because it's illegal", or not immoral but unlawful.

You show me who, specifically is harmed by someone smoking dope and not from some other crime committed by that person ("but the pot made him do bad things" actually comes from racist origins and was a bald faced lie, so I'd suggest not going there) and I'll agree that smoking dope is a real crime, and not a fake crime created to either oppress a class of citizen and/or line the pockets of politicians, cops and cop gear suppliers.
    Texas SOT

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    This is my biggest problem with Rick Perry and why I do not want him elected president. Not the pot thing, it should be legal. The government has no damn business there. Abolish the FDA, etc. Rick Perry is a phony opportunist. Yes, in Texas we can keep him conservative but he is by no means a libertarian, even with this latest stunt. We still have to put up with his crony BS. Let's be honest, he would be a huge improvement over BHO, but he could ruin things for a Rand Paul/Ted Cruz bid for 2016.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    This is my biggest problem with Rick Perry and why I do not want him elected president. Not the pot thing, it should be legal. The government has no damn business there. Abolish the FDA, etc. Rick Perry is a phony opportunist. Yes, in Texas we can keep him conservative but he is by no means a libertarian, even with this latest stunt. We still have to put up with his crony BS. Let's be honest, he would be a huge improvement over BHO, but he could ruin things for a Rand Paul/Ted Cruz bid for 2016.

This. He's not even all that conservative, he just panders. I'm just happy he panders to us...for now.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Why not be a conservative libertarian?

Eh perhaps I am. Them words are slippery, how they are used changes. I appreciate the libertarians and count them as allies on some fronts.

As far as the weed thing goes...i just hope it gets resolved soon on state and national levels. Lots of people do it right or wrong/illegal or not. Need the issue to die so we can move on to more important things.

Yes...rah rah rah personal freedom people like Younggun want me to say...liberty to do drugs. Awesome. Lets keep paying insane taxes though so people can choose not to work, not get/stay married and raise families and having kids brain washed en masse for statism in public schools with my confiscated wealth oh and lets force the Catholic church to provide health coverage that violates their faith.

But hey, people will be able to smoke weed soon! Meh.

Enjoy the bread and circuses.

Without Life there can be no Liberty.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Eh perhaps I am. Them words are slippery, how they are used changes. I appreciate the libertarians and count them as allies on some fronts.

As far as the weed thing goes...i just hope it gets resolved soon on state and national levels. Lots of people do it right or wrong/illegal or not. Need the issue to die so we can move on to more important things.

Yes...rah rah rah personal freedom people like Younggun want me to say...liberty to do drugs. Awesome. Lets keep paying insane taxes though so people can choose not to work, not get/stay married and raise families and having kids brain washed en masse for statism in public schools with my confiscated wealth oh and lets force the Catholic church to provide health coverage that violates their faith.

You're right that this is just a distraction and gimmick. When they start talking about legalizing heroin, then I'll listen. Few have been has brave as Ron Paul to be completely consistent on this issue.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    I think the pro pot guys are more rabid than than the fans of 1911s and ARs combined! I know youre not pro pot youre pro liberty! Dont smoke yourselves retarded with your liberty.

i saw a meme on reddit the other day that read "i like to smoke pot, but i hate pot culture" or something like that. i dont smoke weed, but im for legalization of personal use, but i really really really hate the weed culture and the people who push it.

atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Daaaaayum!

The only true crimes are ones that have a clear victim. Property crimes (theft, destruction of property, etc.) and violent crimes (assault, robbery, rape) all have clear victims and are therefore real crimes. In cases where there is no victim to be found ("society" is a fictional construct, not a person or even actual group and therefore cannot be a victim), there is no real crime in spite of the illegality of an act.

This concept can be seen in the legal terms "malum in se" and "malum prohibitum." They're Latin roughly translate (going from memory here) to "bad in and of itself", or plainly immoral and "bad because it's illegal", or not immoral but unlawful.

You show me who, specifically is harmed by someone smoking dope and not from some other crime committed by that person ("but the pot made him do bad things" actually comes from racist origins and was a bald faced lie, so I'd suggest not going there) and I'll agree that smoking dope is a real crime, and not a fake crime created to either oppress a class of citizen and/or line the pockets of politicians, cops and cop gear suppliers.

Correct on all accounts, and AMEN! to all of it.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Don't affect me, then go right ahead and do what you want, BUT, as soon as you start affecting me with what you're doing, then we have a problem. Pot, go right ahead and legalize it fully. You smoking it doesn't affect me. You raiding the store and taking all the chips because you've got the munchies, now that DOES affect me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

OR.......allow people to make their own choices and if they choice to be irresponsible let them flounder.

Also, going by the libertarian ideas the Catholic Church could choose to do what it wished.

You seem to have a mixed up view of what libertarian goals are, or you are inserting negative comments because you have some fundamental disagreement with the goals of libertarians and want to cast a bad light due to your feelings about certain things that are supported that you find morally objectionable.

There is a reason the media portrays libertarians as pot heads and losers. It's the same reason it portrays gun rights groups as extremists.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Don't affect me, then go right ahead and do what you want, BUT, as soon as you start affecting me with what you're doing, then we have a problem. Pot, go right ahead and legalize it fully. You smoking it doesn't affect me. You raiding the store and taking all the chips because you've got the munchies, now that DOES affect me.

Lol.

But does it violate your rights?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    OR.......allow people to make their own choices and if they choice to be irresponsible let them flounder.

Also, going by the libertarian ideas the Catholic Church could choose to do what it wished.

You seem to have a mixed up view of what libertarian goals are, or you are inserting negative comments because you have some fundamental disagreement with the goals of libertarians and want to cast a bad light due to your feelings about certain things that are supported that you find morally objectionable.

There is a reason the media portrays libertarians as pot heads and losers. It's the same reason it portrays gun rights groups as extremists.

Media portrays libertarians like that? Libertarians portray themselves as such.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    You can peruse happiness, doesn't guarantee you'll find it;)

I know. Was being a smart ass.

In all reality, if they smoke it, then they need to only have the same consequences like if you were to drive drunk. That kind of scenario does affect others. Staying at home and smoking it, with the munchies, doesn't affect anybody. Just buy stock in Frito lay, et al.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I know. Was being a smart ass.

In all reality, if they smoke it, then they need to only have the same consequences like if you were to drive drunk. That kind of scenario does affect others. Staying at home and smoking it, with the munchies, doesn't affect anybody. Just buy stock in Frito lay, et al.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Lol, yeah. I kinda figured but some on here might try to use it as an actual argument.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Whats the big argument here. Where is all the contention? Nearly everyone agrees people shouldnt be in jail or prison for pot.

This isnt N Korea but believing we should make the US into some sort of libertarian fantasyland where virtue rules the day because people are inherently good is just creating another dystopia.

Top Bottom