• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Item(s) received and inspected. I delivered to one person this pm as luck would have it who was in town on buisness. I spent the remaining hour loose fitting my 3-gun set up 18" noveske lighweight bbl, midwest 12" gen 2 ss, lower TBD, ambi upper set up with a left hand eject bolt and left hand lever (which I'll eventually install both rh & lh levers)

I'll get a hold of y'all by email just as soon as I can. I've got lots of 2nd job picking, packing, shipping that needs to get done first. Please be patient !

Thanks !
    View attachment 26472

Last edited:

papalote

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    Papalote
    I picked up two receivers from Anger. They were very nice. I want to thank him again for putting this buy together. Papalote

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Great buy. Thanks for meeting up.

Anyone recommend a gas block with a rail on top that's the same height? That's all I'm missing... except the barrel... which I can't buy yet. :)

The trigger guard and pistol grip screw set (my replacement grip didn't come with one) are enroute. I'll post pics in late April once the build is complete, I hope (90-93 days for eforms right now, plus shipping time on the barrel and time to put it together).

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I've used the PRI, it's a quality piece. one word of warning is that it's constructed of aluminum which was fine for my application. A lot of SHTF AR15.com purists will tell you go steel or stainless steel only. Precision Reflex - Product Detail - AR15/M16 Gas Block With Top Picatinny Rail - $67.00

I've also considered and purchased but never installed a Midwest. I didn't install it because I was building a weight weinie and this chunk of steel is HEAVY. https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=252

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I've used the PRI, it's a quality piece. one word of warning is that it's constructed of aluminum which was fine for my application. A lot of SHTF AR15.com purists will tell you go steel or stainless steel only. Precision Reflex - Product Detail - AR15/M16 Gas Block With Top Picatinny Rail - $67.00

It's funny, I was actually looking at the PRI and wondering what, if any effect the longer spacing would have on stressing the barrel, accuracy, etc. Interesting looking piece, though!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    the PRI is like 1/3 the weight of the midwest. the PRI weighs about as much as the Troy SS low pro's I also use.

In hind sight, I MAY not bother bother with a railed gas block, and I MAY not use an aluminum block again...but for what that specific light weight build is for, it works fine. On that lightweight build, I did want a railed gas block for a specific reason. I wanted a rigid connection to the barrel for my front sight in the event the free float tube was pulled out of alignment from a sudden jolt of the sling being attached.

This product is also available. http://www.store-diamondhead-usa.com/Diamondhead_Receiver_Height_Gas_Block_0_750_p/3101.htmI haven't used it but it looks to be made from Steel and also looks to be lighter than the midwest due to the cutouts.

Last edited:

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    New guy here. Lurker since 12/13. I just order the Crosshill side charger from Joe Bob last night. What's your thoughts on it? And how well does that handle stay on the bolt?

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Thanks for the response. But what is the round piece located where the charging handle would be? And, can that act as a backup charging handle? My biggest concern with the Crosshill model is loosing the charging knob and being SOL if out hunting.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom