• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Part of me hopes they sign it, just to prove how anti American they really are.

Tapatalk sent it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Am I the only person who's actually read the Constitution!?

Look, Obama signing it means jack shit. To be put in force, it has to be ratified by a 2/3 majority in the Senate. Ain't going to happen.

Even if Obama signs, it means NOTHING inside the US.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Am I the only person who's actually read the Constitution!?

Look, Obama signing it means jack shit. To be put in force, it has to be ratified by a 2/3 majority in the Senate. Ain't going to happen.

Even if Obama signs, it means NOTHING inside the US.

But if it opens the eyes of the enamored it's a good result from a shitty move.

Tapatalk sent it.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I hope there's a huge voter turn out after all this shit starts piling up and can't be talked around or swept under the rug by the MSM.

Tapatalk sent it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    But if it opens the eyes of the enamored it's a good result from a shitty move.

Tapatalk sent it.

The enamored already don't care. Obama already urged the Senate to ratify an earlier arms control treaty with Mexico that was signed by Clinton. The enamored also don't care that Obama was on the board of the Joyce foundation.

Some minds are too closed to be changed.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    They could effect the movement of firearms and ammo between nations. Which could have an impact on the cost and availability of firearms in this country.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    They could effect the movement of firearms and ammo between nations. Which could have an impact on the cost and availability of firearms in this country.

We are perfectly capable of doing our own manufacturing. Your scenario would lead to more Americans being employed.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    We are perfectly capable of doing our own manufacturing. Your scenario would lead to more Americans being employed.

I am not sure about this. Aren't the majority of the current production firearms consumed by the US made here to begin with?

I think what would really suffer is things like surplus ammo in legacy cartridges. Not sure that US made 7.62x25 is going to be common.

I could be wrong though. I am hardly an expert in international trade economics.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I am not sure about this. Aren't the majority of the current production firearms consumed by the US made here to begin with?

I think what would really suffer is things like surplus ammo in legacy cartridges. Not sure that US made 7.62x25 is going to be common.

I could be wrong though. I am hardly an expert in international trade economics.

Only matters if the source(s) of those calibers sign on.. and actually follow the treaty. I seriously doubt the Russians or Chinese will.

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    Russians have signed. Don't know about the smaller former com-bloc countries.

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Maj. Gen. John Stark (1728-1822)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Russians have signed. Don't know about the smaller former com-bloc countries.

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Maj. Gen. John Stark (1728-1822)

They won't follow it. They love them some arms exports, even (especially) off the books.

How do you think the AK turned into "the" Third World rifle? Sure, the Chinese had a big hand in that, but that was mostly in Africa south of the Sahara.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Oh, don't worry Dreamliner787...do you actually think Americans are going to register their gun in an international registry? Do you really think TEXANS are going to even recognize this treaty as pertaining to them? These people are wasting their time, wasting millions in taxpayer dollars, and for what? Nothing, because nothing is actually going to come of this. This country is so divided right now it's not even funny, the fact that there are people who even support this amazes me, but it tells me they are either brainwashed or are closet America haters. Read this article from Ultra Liberal George Soros's "Media Matters". Check out some of these fanatical leftists'' comments, seriously. It's like, "whose side are they on???".

NRA Kicks Off UN Arms Treaty Conference With Fearmongering | Blog | Media Matters for America

Top Bottom