• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I know, I know but the fact that Panetta has the balls to tell Congress that the administration consults the UN first and then acts is terrifying to me. Seems like the they are making up the rules as they go along. It needs to stop now, but at what cost? Who is going to stand up and say enough? Collectively we are many but are we enough to make a change?

I agree with Flash and we need to pull the "flush" lever in November.

Yeah, Leon pretty well stepped on it with that one...
    Texas SOT

Keri-Mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Little Elm, TX
    I JUST saw this on Hannity and came straight to the forum. :) Interesting comments that make me realize I know even less than I thought. Firstly, the ratification issue: how can we be sure 2/3rds of the Senate won't go for it? It's already dominated by Democrats (hopefully that will change in a few months) although I don't know by how much, so maybe it's not close to a 2/3 possibility? And if treaties do not affect internal laws of nations, why does Morris seem to think this is just a blink away from firearm confiscation a la Australia? What in reality will happen if this treaty is signed?

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    [...] It needs to stop now, but at what cost? Who is going to stand up and say enough? Collectively we are many but are we enough to make a change?

I agree with Flash and we need to pull the "flush" lever in November.

When so many people don't even bother to vote, which is the easiest way to express your political will, then how many are actually going to be willing to risk anything at all to stand up against tyranny? Your question is a very good one, but I'm afraid of the answer.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I know, I know but the fact that Panetta has the balls to tell Congress that the administration consults the UN first and then acts is terrifying to me. Seems like the they are making up the rules as they go along. .

That's exactly f*cking right. They make up the rules as they go, and a dare anyone to challenge them or do anything about it. That's what "Yes we can" means. It's deliberate purposeful destruction of the rule of law. First they have to create lawlessness and chaos before they can use force to clamp down.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    When so many people don't even bother to vote, which is the easiest way to express your political will, then how many are actually going to be willing to risk anything at all to stand up against tyranny? Your question is a very good one, but I'm afraid of the answer.

The answer is that that most people are stupid and cowards. A very small percentage even understand or can see the danger of what is going on, let alone have ever even though about the possibility of having to risk anything to stand against tyranny. The vast majority of people are just like stupid cattle that will be herded into the pens at the slaughter house. They'll be slaughtered (have their freedoms stripped) before they even know what happened to them, and the rest of the world will laugh at the once "free" people of the US, who turned into the morons from jersey shore and had their freedom snatched from them by a bunch of radical clowns, just like candy from a baby. And after all that, I have no doubt we will all continue to wave sparklers around in the air and and listen to Lee Greenwood sing about freedom while we stuff burgers down our throats on the 4th of July.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I JUST saw this on Hannity and came straight to the forum. :) Interesting comments that make me realize I know even less than I thought. Firstly, the ratification issue: how can we be sure 2/3rds of the Senate won't go for it? It's already dominated by Democrats (hopefully that will change in a few months) although I don't know by how much, so maybe it's not close to a 2/3 possibility? And if treaties do not affect internal laws of nations, why does Morris seem to think this is just a blink away from firearm confiscation a la Australia? What in reality will happen if this treaty is signed?

1: Even a lot of Democrats won't touch this. A lot of them remember 1994, some of them are not anti, or guns are a non-issue for whatever other reason. Expect a Republican or two to vote for ratification, if it comes up. Party isn't a 100% reliable indicator of where someone stands on guns. IMO (and I pay a little attention), the odds of this going past the Senate are only a little better than of you hitting the Powerball jackpot this month.

2: They do affect our laws; the Constitution says they are equal to federal law, however they can be nullified by Congress making changes to federal law that run counter to the treaty. Basically, the US can break a treaty really easily.

The "Supremacy Clause" is the part that says treaties are equal to federal law.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

3: I don't know, but I don't think it's been written yet (in which case nobody actually knows). That's what's supposed to happen this month - UN is supposed to come up with the final form and ratify it. But again, the US is not going to be part of the treaty unless it is ratified by the Senate by 2/3, which is extremely hard to do (which is why it's required), and I bet several other countries will balk if we aren't going to play.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This is still a waste of their time, and the only possible outcome if they REALLY try to push this is complete civil chaos. Yet they still are determined to see it through. Sometimes I think Alex Jones is right with all his seemingly off the wall ramblings, that they are TRYING to push the country into Martial Law.

i used to think that guy was nuts.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Just to make sure we are all on the same page:
    1) There is currently no treaty to sign.
    2) A month long conference just began which ends on 7/27 to determine the language in the treaty.
    3) While there have been plenty of emails circulating about Hillary or Obama signing the treaty on the 27th, there still needs to be a treaty to sign.
    4) While it may go in one ear and othe another, congress did sent a letter to Obama regarding the content of the Treaty: http://kelly.house.gov/sites/kelly.house.gov/files/ATT Letter.pdf

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I'm still amazed that they are going through with this. Ya know...my family are all from East Texas, mostly rural. The rest of them are scattered about between Houston and New Orleans. And that is pretty much the stretch of real estate where I've spent 99.9999% of my life. Well, needless to say, that is a pretty pro gun strip of freeway. And a pretty conservative one at that. And surprisingly, I never owned my first gun, until just last year.

Granted it was just because the right time in my life to own a gun, hadn't come yet, but I honestly never felt the need to get out and buy my own, because there were always, and I do mean ALWAYS at least 2 or 3 within my reach, mere feet away. Other people I know, nearly all of them, owned at least one gun, usually more. Basically, if I had needed one, I could have gotten it just by standing up and walking to the next room, pretty much anywhere I went.

Well I moved to Houston from the Baton Rouge area, just 4 years ago. And for the first time in my life, I was INSIDE a massive city, and for the first time, I did NOT have access to a firearm, if I really needed one. And after watching the news enough times, having a police officer shot in the parking lot of my girlfriend (at the time) apartment complex, where I was living (15 minutes after I had just been standing in the very spot the shooting happened), and several other equally sobering close calls, I finally decided it was time for me to buy a gun. Then I made the same decision, 6 more times.

Anyway, the whole point of my story, is I always heard about "gun control", and "anti gunners", but I always "paid them no mind". To me, the idea that someone really thought they could outlaw guns, or restrict the SECOND Amendment of the Constitution, was just absolutely absurd, and I always ended my 2 cents on the subject by saying, "it's not the guns they need to worry about, it's the ..............(fill in the blank)". And honestly, I never really knew just how hard people like Wayne LaPierre and others have to fight every single day to ensure our freedoms are intact. All this "fight for our freedom" stuff, is not only new to me, but I honestly had no idea it was such a "fight" to keep our freedoms. I guess I heard people say it, but didn't know what they meant by it.

But after watching this speech by Wayne LaPierre, I gotta say, that is one guy I truly respect. Basically, in a diplomatic, and politically correct way, telling the UN to GET FUCKED!

Click here, and go to the video titled "NRA CEO & EVP Wayne LaPierre addresses the United Nations".

NRA News

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I honestly had no idea it was such a "fight" to keep our freedoms. I guess I heard people say it, but didn't know what they meant by it.

If they succeed in passing some gun registration scheme, then you will have a choice to make. You can register your weapons (and wait for the govt to ban the ones it doesn't want you to have, and then come and confiscate them at some point) or become a criminal buy refusing to obey the law. The govt will make you, a once good and law abiding citizen, into a criminal, by trampling your 2nd Amendment rights. Think about that.

You will have to decide for yourself at what point you will "fight" for your rights, and exactly what that means. But make no mistake, if you do not follow an (unconstitutional) law when it is put in place, it will end with someone from the govt, with a gun, coming to your home or place of work to arrest you.

Your choice is to obey and disarm yourself, hide your guns and live as a criminal for a while until you get found out and arrested, (or until you get tired of living like a criminal and get rid of your guns secretly), or openly refuse to obey the law, and be prepared to have govt use force against you (what you do then is also something you will have to decide.) It's good to think of those things and decide what you will do ahead of time, should it ever happen.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    If they succeed in passing some gun registration scheme, then you will have a choice to make. You can register your weapons (and wait for the govt to ban the ones it doesn't want you to have, and then come and confiscate them at some point) or become a criminal buy refusing to obey the law. The govt will make you, a once good and law abiding citizen, into a criminal, by trampling your 2nd Amendment rights. Think about that.

You will have to decide for yourself at what point you will "fight" for your rights, and exactly what that means. But make no mistake, if you do not follow an (unconstitutional) law when it is put in place, it will end with someone from the govt, with a gun, coming to your home or place of work to arrest you.

Your choice is to obey and disarm yourself, hide your guns and live as a criminal for a while until you get found out and arrested, (or until you get tired of living like a criminal and get rid of your guns secretly), or openly refuse to obey the law, and be prepared to have govt use force against you (what you do then is also something you will have to decide.) It's good to think of those things and decide what you will do ahead of time, should it ever happen.

Oh, believe me, ever since I first heard of this "treaty", I've been thinking about that. It didn't take too long for me to figure out where I stand, and that is with the Constitution and Bill of Rights of the U.S.A., self nullifying any grandiose politician who thinks they are above it, and ESPECIALLY nullifying any foreign diplomat who thinks I give 2 fucks what they have to say about my rights. They can KISS MY ASS.

I have my guns sold, should that day come. To someone I am pretty sure, would take REALLY good care of them, and would sell them right back to me if I need them (if God Forbid they are not confiscated from him first, but guns will never be "hard" to get, so I'm not the least bit worried about that, just that I will be damned if they steal my hard earned money), if and when that day inevitably comes, should these FOOLS in D.C.. continue their campaign of destroying 237 years of progress in building the greatest and most free nation in the history of the world.

In a nutshell, **** the UN. And every other American TRAITOR in New York right now who thinks they somehow have the authority to negotiate on our rights to keep and bear arms, with anyone, but even more so...with FOREIGNERS for crying out loud. They may get it done on paper, I sure hope not, but it will still be null and void to me, and any other TRUE American.

They're the enemy as far as I'm concerned, and I equate them to King George the 3rd (or worse) and his punk ass redcoats whose asses we shot the hell out of for trying to **** with our fundamental rights.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    SIGH.....Here we go again! MY blood pressure is about 118/70 depending on what I'm doing at the moment. I just don't give a shxt about much any more and this.........doesn't even make the friggin' list. Worry if you want to. I won't.

A while back, I stated that I want to be FIRST IN LINE when the UN comes to confiscate our property. I'll re-up that request right now. I don't want the bastards claiming they were tired when they got to me!

OH...I almost forgot my salute to NSA/FBI.........

Here is my raised middle finger to all of the bums who think they are above the law and entitled to intimidate their fellow Americans who are abiding by the law. FXXX You!

Now I shall go play with my little dog Jake and enjoy the freedoms that they work so hard to curtail.

To my fellow TGT members, once again, thanks for allowing this little detour.

.......................xx
    .....................xxxx
    .......xx....xx....xxxx...xx........xxx
    .....xxxx..xxxx..xxxx..xxxx......xxxx
    ...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....xxxxx
    ..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....xxxxx
    ...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..xxxxx
    ....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx