• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This is the third or fourth time in this thread you've derided the contributions of knowledgeable forum members and no one is agreeing with you. Can you not take the hint?
    He is just a fucking troll

And you two must me Stan and Ollie. The TGT comedy duo! You two should take your show on the road. You two would be a laughing riot! :laughing:
    Guns International

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    BIG no-no at my work.
    No weapons of any kind on company property.
    Condition of employment.
    Instant termination if caught.
    I worked for a shitty co like that. I travelled all day to run business machine calls all over central tx. Back then we used a van that had bucket seats and it came with a custom made oak box to store our paperwork. I re made the bottom so that the box would flip back with a hinge and a hidden latch that you release by sliding your finger under the left side edge. Inside was a foam cutout for a 9m and two extra mags and a cleaning kit incase it got used. They also wouldn't give us phones to call our customers they assumed we were in the big city or we were supposed to use the customer phone to call other customers. Some of my customers were 90 miles away when they would place a service call. It's no wonder they went bankrupt.

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    If it is in your vehicle then make sure the firearm is in a locked case or similar device not just inside the glove box. As a land owner myself even if I post I can't search vehicles from what I've been told. Getting out of the vehicle with it is another story or having it out the window. If you were in a company vehicle wouldn't be allowed due to company rules.
    If you are being threatened with loss of life like maybe by a carjacker, a long time ago a person older than me said the thing that he would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six, that also means the weapon needs to be within reach, not in a locked box in the trunk. I went through the cop process in the 80's before cc and it took 7 months of bickering with the local gendarmes over my new pistol they wanted to keep. Only by knowing local people did it get straightened out in my favor but it still cost me 300 for the bail bondsman. When the law is involved it takes power and money to beat them into submission to do the right thing.

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    Texas is right to work state. If your boss comes to work in bad mood and decides he doesn't like you that day and fires you, well, you're fired.

Many times, if you read the employee handbooks, company policies are there to give a company a legitimate cause and reason to fire people. Many times, a violation of a company policy states, "...up to and including, termination of employment, for violation of this rule or policy."

So if they did discover you had a firearm locked inside your vehicle, would you get fired? All depends on too many variables. But short answer is, yes they can.

For many years, I operated under the principle of doing what I did and keeping my mouth shut. IOW's, I was the only person that knew I carried weapons in my locked vehicle. I have never not carried weapons in my vehicles except in very certain situations.
    me too since 1965 when a baylor lineman broke my nose at a redlight.

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    I don't believe they can legally bar you from having a firearm in your car but this is a work at will state and they can fire you for almost anything...like they don't like the way you say yes boss.
    or when you get to about 57 and are at top pay. My last big co took my wife and I out to eat 50 miles down the road and gave me a nice talk about what a good job I was doing then 4 months later paid a no ac cab 50 bucks to take me home after 23 yrs and 11 years without a sick day. They can fire you or lay you off anytime they can replace you for less money.

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    The only recourse that I can suggest is that you talk to the managers, show your LTC, see if you can get an exemption. Otherwise you are out of luck.
    I agree except that leaves him open to being suspect for carrying against co policy. I would not ask and would lock the gun up in a safe place while on the job but get it back in reach while travelling if it were me. We have no idea what the next two years will bring into tx almost anywhere in the state especially in remote areas especially after dark. Before biden, most illegals travelled after dark and on the pavement until a vehicle came along.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I worked for a shitty co like that. I travelled all day to run business machine calls all over central tx. Back then we used a van that had bucket seats and it came with a custom made oak box to store our paperwork. I re made the bottom so that the box would flip back with a hinge and a hidden latch that you release by sliding your finger under the left side edge. Inside was a foam cutout for a 9m and two extra mags and a cleaning kit incase it got used. They also wouldn't give us phones to call our customers they assumed we were in the big city or we were supposed to use the customer phone to call other customers. Some of my customers were 90 miles away when they would place a service call. It's no wonder they went bankrupt.
    Welcome to the forum?

You haven't said much in the 2 years you've been here until this thread tickled your belly button.

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    Exactly!

Worst case scenario if an employer has a No Guns policy as part of company polices is they can fire you for violating that policy.

Worst case scenario if attacked and unarmed to defend yourself, you don't go home and end up in a body bag.

I won't advise anyone what to do, or not to do, and everyone has to make their own choices in regards to this. I made my choices many years ago of what I do.
    I am 5'7" and when I was younger about 130 lb's. it was easy to come across bullies in life and I learned to live with it but times changed since about clintons admin and crime. Now I am too old to fight and the possibilities are increasing exponentially that I might be involved in a crime so I carry whenever I am out and about. If I was working a travelling job in west or so tx right now there is no way it would be without protection, co car or no.

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    There are exception to the search warrant requirement for motor vehicles Carroll v. United States

Here is a good explanation and saves me tons of typing

so now in 2021 some of us actually follow the constitution? I thought we could write our on definition of what was legal if we have enough umph?

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    Gotta love them shyster lawyers. Just like them quacks that like to call themselves doctors!

Say pretty much the same thing as us common folks, but they got that fancy degree to pay for. They probably sent the OP a bill for services rendered too!

One thing I like about my lawyer. He talks in plain English and gives a direct answer. Also doesn't talk down to other people that are trying to have a discussion, by acting arrogant and conceited like some we have seen.
    I used to know some nice lawyers but that was in the 90's not sure there are any left now.

Top Bottom