I'm Not A Smart Man GIF - TomHanks ForrestGump NotASmartMan GIFs

Thanks man... I typed that like I've already had 4 or 5

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    From a legal standpoint, sure you can keep it in your car/truck. Doesn't mean your employer can't or won't choose to sever your employment though.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    BIG no-no at my work.
    No weapons of any kind on company property.
    Condition of employment.
    Instant termination if caught.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Before I retired, I was in construction for over 50 Years. The last several projects I was a superintendent on were for the Dallas and Garland school districts which are governmental. A lot of use are smokers, cigarettes, and fire arms and not allowed to smoke on property, but we were allowed to smoke in our trucks that were on property because they were considered an extension of our home. As long as you didn't take your cigarettes or fire arms out of your vehicles you were allowed to have them.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Keep in mind people,Texas is a right to work state, they dont need a reason to fire you, but also any reason is a good one.

I would pack my piece and take my chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Also keep in mind that many of the internet lawyers you will find posting in threads like this don’t actually understand or know the laws they talk about. Some do, but many do not.

Example: Castle doctrine has nothing to do with having a firearm in your vehicle.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I've encountered a similar situation and found that the employers' policy takes precedence. LTC or not, Texas law or not...the employer makes the rules as to what can and can't be permitted on site. This has been my experience only.
    This is my experience as well and my company strictly prohibits firearm's in one's vehicle once you enter the parking garage.

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Internet legal advice. Worth less than you paid for it and could actually cost you big time.

ca·ve·at emp·tor
    /ˌkavēˌät ˈem(p)ˌtôr/

noun

The principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

Sound Legal advice isnt something you find on the internet.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Also keep in mind that many of the internet lawyers you will find posting in threads like this don’t actually understand or know the laws they talk about. Some do, but many do not.

Example: Castle doctrine has nothing to do with having a firearm in your vehicle.

Yup

The law (SB321) really does not have the teeth to protect the worker. Also, a lot of industries got exemptions, the oil and & gas being one ofthem with lots of carve outs. I would not rely on it for protection.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Internet legal advice. Worth less than you paid for it and could actually cost you big time.

ca·ve·at emp·tor
    /ˌkavēˌät ˈem(p)ˌtôr/

noun

The principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

Sound Legal advice isnt something you find on the internet.
    As you give advice ....................

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

FYI, I did specify in my first post to the OP, to consult with a real attorney.

In Texas, they expanded the Castle Laws to include a person's vehicle and workplace as extensions of their home in regards to self defense. So indirectly, yes, the Castle Laws do have something to do with a firearm in your vehicle.

Reading this of the Castle Laws in Texas, more than a few times vehicle is specifically mentioned under terms of the current Texas Castle Laws.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    If it is in your vehicle then make sure the firearm is in a locked case or similar device not just inside the glove box. As a land owner myself even if I post I can't search vehicles from what I've been told. Getting out of the vehicle with it is another story or having it out the window. If you were in a company vehicle wouldn't be allowed due to company rules.

Top Bottom