• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    So I'm looking to add a new gun safe to the house, can't break the bank, but needs to be fireproof for at least 30 mins.. Found the Cannon AE35 at Academy for $1000. Is there another safe out there that I should look at for similar money? And where to look..

There is another one a little bigger at Tractor Supply Co. But its $300 more..
    Lynx Defense

Fireberry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    San Antonio
    Whatever you buy: Bolt it down! They can break the fame out of it and if so all you have done is make is easier for them as you put all you valuables in one place. Mine was/is a Winchester. They have 100% replacement for the lost safe, but they were able to break the frame. I have been told Fort Knox is about as good as you can buy, but I am not sure of the pricing. Good luck.

http://
    DSC01540-Copy.jpg

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    They were determined, must of made a helluva lotta noise no neighbors heard anything? or did it happen in a remote area?

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Yup, I've seen the videos, and this one will be bolted down.. Of course I'm only trying to keep the smash and grabbers from getting easy access to them..

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Randman, I have that large Canon from Academy and it has served me well.

Probably the one I'll end up with.. Though I'm gonna do some more research on that steelwater, I like the fact that it's rated for an hour and at a hotter temp. Also they are offering free delivery. Academy wants $250 for curbside delivery. So it might just be worth the extra bucks..

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    If you can hold off a bit TSC has great deals. Before Christmas I bought a 48 gun Canon for 699. They bought 20 of them, you might even ask if they can do better on the price. I see them drop every now and then.
    So I'm looking to add a new gun safe to the house, can't break the bank, but needs to be fireproof for at least 30 mins.. Found the Cannon AE35 at Academy for $1000. Is there another safe out there that I should look at for similar money? And where to look..

There is another one a little bigger at Tractor Supply Co. But its $300 more..

Fireberry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    San Antonio
    Most burglaries are smash and grab, I suspect someone knew you and /or your habits and knew they had plenty of time.

I don't think so as they used my own tools on it. They did not really know what they were doing as they bent up some of these tools till they finally got my outside shed open and picked up the ones that could do the job. The cops as always were good guys and will try and help if they catch them. There has been a run on homes in about a 2 mile radius of our home. Two in our subdivision and 5-7 in adjoining ones over the last 6 months.

They were determined, must of made a helluva lotta noise no neighbors heard anything? or did it happen in a remote area?

In the city. I have very good neighbors, but they got away with it.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Probably the one I'll end up with.. Though I'm gonna do some more research on that steelwater, I like the fact that it's rated for an hour and at a hotter temp. Also they are offering free delivery. Academy wants $250 for curbside delivery. So it might just be worth the extra bucks..
    I brought my own home and one for a friend.....not to hard to manipulate with a few guys.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Yeah that steelwater has free delivery and will put it as far as in your garage, not inside the house. It's a damn good price on the size of those things!

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I'm looking at a browning right know. I figure if they can get past my door, alarm, 2 dogs, a pig, and possibly a very pissed off homeowner they can have it. Plus all my neighbors are retired old folk so they watch the neighbor hood like hawks.

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    Costco has a canon for 599 right now free curbside delivery
    But as usual it's a model made for them so I can't find much info on it

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Costco has a canon for 599 right now free curbside delivery
    But as usual it's a model made for them so I can't find much info on it

Same one I was going to mention. I know Cannon discontinued the Safari line this year, but if anyone has any info on this particular safe I would be interested, as Rentz said, there is very little info available and none in store.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Same one I was going to mention. I know Cannon discontinued the Safari line this year, but if anyone has any info on this particular safe I would be interested, as Rentz said, there is very little info available and none in store.
    what about specs? Measurements, fireproof time and degrees, how many guns, etc...

Top Bottom