• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I just picked up an academy "hot deal" winchester safe. Normally 799 but on sale til' tomorrow for 699. 1400 degree, 1 hr fireproof, 24 gun. About 500 lbs and not bad for the money. They only have a few in the Austin area so you'd have to move fast to get it. My old lady actually gave me the nod on this thing.
    Target Sports

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I'm looking at a browning right know. I figure if they can get past my door, alarm, 2 dogs, a pig, and possibly a very pissed off homeowner they can have it. Plus all my neighbors are retired old folk so they watch the neighbor hood like hawks.

most of Browning stuff is made in China; if that matters to you

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    I just picked up an academy "hot deal" winchester safe. Normally 799 but on sale til' tomorrow for 699. 1400 degree, 1 hr fireproof, 24 gun. About 500 lbs and not bad for the money. They only have a few in the Austin area so you'd have to move fast to get it. My old lady actually gave me the nod on this thing.

I went looking for that one and couldn't find it anywhere and it's not available online
    Looks a lot like one tractor supply has for 699 every day price

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Anybody with more than 10 minutes is going to get into a safe that cost less than $10k with the proper tools.

You can get TL-30x6 for less than $10k and used TXTL-60 for right about 10k. Those are real safes, not RSCs. Nothing you are buying at any outlet store is equivalent to a TL type safe. Just so it is clear, the 30 minute rating is tool on safe but the UL crackers spend days attacking those safes, planning and strategy isn't counted, only tool on time. You buy a Liberty, Cannon, Fort Knox, whatever, you are buying a RSC. Prybar and time opens them, bolt it down in a small space, and layer up.

Not buying a real safe, TSC has a few cannons and they have 10% and 20% coupons in their mailers. Wait and strike when you get one of those.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    As stated, it is simply a deterrent, to stop the smash and grab criminal.. Thats if The dog, and the strategically placed firearms don't do the trick in the first place.. Worse case, I'll have them on candid camera..

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Layers are good, just throwing out some info for others reading the thread. Some people pay top dollar for Liberty or other "safe" manufacturers and they could have spent the same and purchased a real safe instead of an RSC. Sure a TL-30 doesn't have that nice glossy finish, but for people looking to drop $4k on a Liberty, it is something to consider. Smaller used TL-15s can be had for 1/2 that if you shop around and pounce on a good deal. When you stop and think about it, $2k is what many people spend on a rifle and scope combination, but you put it into a RSC? Just food for thought.

Top Bottom