• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    HD made an electric years ago but put a sound system on it to make HD noise. I did remove the baffles from the CB350 I rode on LBJ and yes I was up and on the road at 5AM. Put a full windscreen on it to keep the gravel from rock haulers away from my face.
    HD is after the EU and small bike market now with the offshore plants. They did have a good single years ago.
    ARJ Defense ad

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I wear a German style helmet. It's not carbon fiber though. Mines kinda cheap and the strap sucks. Skull face rag for bugs and a switchblade knife in the pocket.

They say you meet the nicest people on a Honda. Yeah, Ok.

I'd be riding a Harley if they had a three or 4 cylinder inline motor you could rack to 15k rpm. With a transmission that didn't feel John Deere agricultural. I've shifted tractors. I don't want the same feeling on a motorcycle.

All they have to do is make a modern 4 cylinder monster with a sewing machine transmission and I'd be on a Harley. I know they can do it because you can pop the hood on a Ford and see over a billion dollars in research and development in a modular motor. Something so filthy American, you can smell it.

I want That in a motorcycle. Not a lumbering, low rpm V-twin. Maybe your right OC. Harley doesn't know what the customers want.

I need to find one of the chrome German helmets.
    Stroke of luck on my helmet, start up company was selling them for $40 bucks for the German style, others a lot more. They were NOT DOT approved but I did not care.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    KTM has a single. It's advertised as having more torque then the Harley sportster engine. It was a 'KTM Duke 690cc'. I've rode single cylinders and the vibrations will numb your hands. You get use to it until you sit on a multi-cylinder bike.

KTM markets the Duke 690 against the other middleweights in the 600-750cc range.

Awfully ballsy doing it with a single cylinder.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Stroke of luck on my helmet, start up company was selling them for $40 bucks for the German style, others a lot more. They were NOT DOT approved but I did not care.

Mine was about $40. Used from the pawnshop. It's full DOT. You can get them in both versions. Non-Dot and DOT. Brand new for the DOT...about $70 bucks. Daytona is the brand of mine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Will replacement for “po-ta-toe, po-ta-toe, po-ta-toe be the silence of an electric motorcycle?

I've been seeing these guys advertised the most when it comes to electric.

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com

They're priced along gasoline bikes. There's other e-bikes but they're ungodly expensive. $30 grand expensive. Once battery technology reaches the micro level. Expect to see them around in 5-10years.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Well to be fair, I will be riding my Stripple to bike night tonight at TX HD. They are a bunch of nice folks. I guess they like naked Brits.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom