• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Im having trouble keeping motivated I was walking a couple miles everyday now Ive been going sometimes. I always start out good and it peters off. For about 3 years I didn't do shit and ate out all the time do to stress/shit going on in my life. Im over all the BS shit but I still cant stay motivated and I don't feel like I have the energy to do a lot. When I was 18 I lost probably 60 pounds and had 20'' arms all I did was work out, and train at the Vol. Fire Dept.

Any Ideas to get motivation? Seems like no matter what I think about it doesn't seem to give me the kick in the ass to do a lot. I need to start eating better for sure there's no kitchen on my boat and I worked nights 3 years so I got in the habit of eating out all the time.
    Guns International

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Mike do something. Anything is better than nothing. I havent been in the gym for among before last week. The motivation comes knowing you have done something. Accomplishment is a great feeling. I'm where you are right now. We didn't get the weigh we have overnight, it won't go away that fast either. Do a few sets of weights and maybe a half mile that fire week. Set expectations to something achievable. You can do it bro.

~Sent from space~

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Kick a bull in the balls. That should give you plenty of motivation to run.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Maybe get in to 3 gun or something. Don't that involve quite a bit of moving around and running?

Paintball?

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Set small daily goals for yourself and work up to larger ones later. For example, I do 100 sit-ups everyday no matter what. There have been days that I feel motivated and do as many as 300 but for me that is a baseline that I feel is easily achievable. On those days that I feel more motivated I may add in other things like pushups, swimming, lifting, or anything really. Today I did 4 miles on my bike after work. Its no grand workout but I had a little free time and squeezed it in.

Of course the other side of things is keeping your body fueled by eating the right things. I just recently started making an effort again and you do notice a difference in your energy levels when you cut out all the fast food and frozen dinners. In your situation I would think that maybe you could get a small grill or even a George Foreman and grill yourself some lean meats. Throw one of those frozen steambags of veggies in the microwave and you have a decent meal in less than 15 mins without the need for an oven or cooktop.

In the end it all really comes down to willpower but if you try to make small habits you can usually stick to it a little easier and build upon that.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Id like to get into something just don't know what, and Ill have to wait and see what this new job is like hour wise

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Set small daily goals for yourself and work up to larger ones later. For example, I do 100 sit-ups everyday no matter what. There have been days that I feel motivated and do as many as 300 but for me that is a baseline that I feel is easily achievable. On those days that I feel more motivated I may add in other things like pushups, swimming, lifting, or anything really. Today I did 4 miles on my bike after work. Its no grand workout but I had a little free time and squeezed it in.

Of course the other side of things is keeping your body fueled by eating the right things. I just recently started making an effort again and you do notice a difference in your energy levels when you cut out all the fast food and frozen dinners. In your situation I would think that maybe you could get a small grill or even a George Foreman and grill yourself some lean meats. Throw one of those frozen steambags of veggies in the microwave and you have a decent meal in less than 15 mins without the need for an oven or cooktop.

In the end it all really comes down to willpower but if you try to make small habits you can usually stick to it a little easier and build upon that.

Yeah that's my problem just don't seem to have any will power/motivation

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I'm the same way when it comes to being motivated to work out. My metabolism was always fast, and less than 2 years ago, I was still walking around at 125lbs. Well now I'm between 145 and 150. Like TxDad said, just do SOMETHING. The best motivation is when u see results. The results won't be drastic, but something u can see, and feel.

Top Bottom