• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I gots no issue with disagreements ... its what makes this country great.
    But it can be done without being nasty about it.

For arguement's sake and not debate ...

If its a constitutional right, then why are classes, registration, fees and renewals required in order to do it lawfully?
    Why aren't we all writing Mr. LaPierre, Mr Cruz and Mr. Perry to get them behind this travesty?

Not being "nasty" about it, just expressing what I think 'cause I take it very serious. Don't take it so personal.

We have classes, registration fees, renewals, etc. 'cause that's what our government has forced on us to this point and because we are mostly law abiding citizens and will abide by the laws whether or not we like them or agree with them. I think a lot of us are writing and complaining to our politicians. Until '95, we didn't even have that.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    For arguement's sake and not debate ...

If its a constitutional right, then why are classes, registration, fees and renewals required in order to do it lawfully?
    Why aren't we all writing Mr. LaPierre, Mr Cruz and Mr. Perry to get them behind this travesty?

One could argue this is already underway in Texas, with the enactment of the Motorist Protection Act as a trial run so to speak. I can't say whether that was in the minds of the legislators but it is at least a positive step forward. A handful of states have or are in the process of full Constitutional Carry and seem to be doing just fine with it, so maybe?

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    Sure we agree to drug testing. Then maybe random searches of our homes. We have nothing to hide, right? Then random scans of your financial activity to prove you're not aiding Tea Party Terrorists. They may also need a sample of your DNA to check for criminal activity. We have nothing to hide, right???????

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Passionate points can be made without embelishment.
    And I understand your points.

But ... a "right", from my POV, doesn't cost me anything except my life defending it.

I hadn't bridged MPA and OCA and their relationship to a CHL.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Passionate points can be made without embelishment.
    And I understand your points.

But ... a "right", from my POV, doesn't cost me anything except my life defending it.

I hadn't bridged MPA and OCA and their relationship to a CHL.

Passionate points can most certainly be made without embellishment, if the person making them so chooses.

So ............... what are your thoughts regarding bridging MPA and OCA and their relationship to a CHL?

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Passionate points can most certainly be made without embellishment, if the person making them so chooses.

True ... but passionate is one thing and being over-bearing and in your face is certainly another.
    One promotes conversation and learning the other shuts down meaningful dialogue.

I'm not a scholar of the constitution, but I know what it means to me. I also am not hard-headed enough to realize that I don't know all the answers. I enjoy reading and responding to topics here. I've learned a lot and know that will continue.

The constitution is about choice ... personal choice ... as you pointed out.

Some feel as though it is necessary to advertise their beliefs by yelling at the top of their lungs. Some think it's ridiculous. Choice. America. Land of freedoms.

Have a great day

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Because we have bigger problems to deal with right now.

Like CHL drug testing?

That's sorta the point I was attempting to make. A piss test is such a minute and non-intrusive issue that raises the dander of so many.
    I don't get it ...

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Like CHL drug testing?
    ...The constitution is about choice ... personal choice ... as you pointed out....

That's sorta the point I was attempting to make. A piss test is such a minute and non-intrusive issue that raises the dander of so many.
    I don't get it ...

How is a forced piss test a personal choice? Those two things are mutually exclusive on their face.

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    Like CHL drug testing?

I don't get it ...

And the point I was making was where does it stop? Every you give up something the next time they will demand more. Boston proved they can do home searches without a warrant. They could expand on that.

And tell me why it is that the avg person gets slapped around (figuratively) when little happens to the criminal element. We have all these hoops we have to jump through to own a gun, get a job or volunteer to help. No background check to buy a gun on the street. Pass the required mandatory background check and you think they will comply? When do they have to subject themselves to drug tests?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    True ... but passionate is one thing and being over-bearing and in your face is certainly another.
    One promotes conversation and learning the other shuts down meaningful dialogue.

I'm not a scholar of the constitution, but I know what it means to me. I also am not hard-headed enough to realize that I don't know all the answers. I enjoy reading and responding to topics here. I've learned a lot and know that will continue.

The constitution is about choice ... personal choice ... as you pointed out.

Some feel as though it is necessary to advertise their beliefs by yelling at the top of their lungs. Some think it's ridiculous. Choice. America. Land of freedoms.

Have a great day

".......yelling at the top of their lungs."?? It's generally accepted on the internet that capitalization is used to indicate yelling. Trying to veer off the topic of how we each interpret our God given or Constitutional rights by moaning about somebody using the term "bullshit" doesn't really work, IMO. This thread is about our government trying to get more and more control over citizens. And you're probably gonna' see a lot more "embellishment" on the internet the more these issues grow. Good luck.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Like CHL drug testing?

I don't get it ...

Why it's not a minute issue.

Because it will never be that simple. It will be just as screwed up as some folks having to drive hours to get their finger prints done. I had to take time of work to get mine done and the place was only an hour away.

It will cost money. The state will tack that cost on to a CHL that cost me $250 to get(not counting time not being at work. Add another 100 bucks if they drug test.

CHL holders are not the ones committing gun crimes or getting drug charges. We would be paying extra fees and jumping through more hoops to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Concerning constitutional carry.

Many of us do want constitutional carry in Texas and we are pushing to take the steps we need to get there. My path includes getting OC pushed through because I know that until the stigma gets broken it's not going to happen. I would love to see constitutional OC and would still want my CHL for bypassing NICS checks.

The current system puts lower income citizens at a disadvantage for defending themselves. There were several years when I could barely afford the light bill, much less come up with $250 to get my CHL. I don't believe the right to selfs defense and how you are able to do so should be based on income.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Like CHL drug testing?

I don't get it ...

How would you feel about a forced piss test before being allowed to have sex with your wife?

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    tumblr_m561hjjkLS1r5lqojo1_400.gif

Top Bottom