• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    BTW, you can hug them all you want. For my reps, they get rewarded with my vote next election or punished with it going to someone else.

Their job is to represent me and they are not children I need to coddle.
    Lynx Defense

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    JK, parse my words or be critical because I didn't use the right ones. This is my interpretation of your stern talking to. Don't be demeaning. You're coming off as holier than thou. Maybe you are, but bring it down a notch when you're talking to us regular yokels. :rolleyes:

I'm getting mixed messages from you on what you want from "us". Frankly it is irritating. I feel like I am being told to root for one bill, but not for another. That crap happened in the last session too. Essentially the backers of different bills got into a dust up and yall make "us" choose what side to be on. That pisses me off. Yall should not ping pong "us" around like that, just to use our voice, pull and votes. I resent that. And by "us" I mean us common 2A folks with no hand in the fight other than we want more rights in Texas.

You need to realize what you're doing and how it is being perceived. You are turning off a lot of voters.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Those were not threatening or harsh words. If that is considered to be to some people, then they really need to not deal with the public no matter what office they hold.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I don't think any comments you posted are going to do any damage. They are politicians and its not the first time someone slung mud at them. What you posted would barely be considered dust.

Yes, we do remember those who support the things we want and we have an even better memory of anyone who delays or blocks those things.

First you say Facebook is not a good place to make a voice heard, then you say a voice on Facebook is damaging to our cause. Which is it?

Would you suppose we sit back patiently and maybe try again in 2 years?

I just fail to see the posts having this great negative impact your so afraid of.

Most of that makes so little sense I'm not going to bother responding to it.

Negative and uninformed comments are not good for anyone. If you piss someone off you're likely not going to get much cooperation from them, and when it comes to an issue like OC which has been a very combative issue thanks to groups of people pushing it as a movement creating a virtual war, that kind of behavior just makes it worse. If it's important to reasonable people, reasonable people will make sure they know.

Hopefully if they're using that as a guage in any way, they'll look at it and just consider the number of comments, ignoring the negative.

BTW, sit back and patiently wait 2 years? How long do you think it has taken for almost every good piece of gun rights legislation? Last session doesn't count because of the mess it started out as. This is the 1st session it's had a good shot, and while I'd love foe it to be a done deal already, I'm realistic. That doens't mean giving up.

If by being reasonable and thinking respectful and effective (direct contact) is going to continue getting be attacked, I'll stay out of the way and let y'all light your torches. This dividing and combative mentality is beyond comprehension if there's a genuine intent to unite and be productive.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    JK, I don't see any of the comments you posted as "examples" as rude, either. They're politicians - they get LOTS worse than that.

Does that make it right or not unproductive? Is it OK for say, customers of a business that have no clue what an employee does to come up to them and demand they stop "dawdling", "do your job", "quit slowing everything down" or "do you job or else"? I think most people don't like being told what to do by people that don't even know what they do.

I'm through commenting, I just realized how much energy y'all are putting in to attacking me to defend childish behavior. It's completely counter-intuitive to anything productive. Welcome to how things don't get accomplished in America. :confused:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    JKTex, what specific attacks are you seeing? Will you point those out please?

I genuinely think antiOCers should just stay out of it and keep their collective mouths shut. At the very least, stand on 2A side and not be a barrier for that progress.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Most of that makes so little sense I'm not going to bother responding to it.

Negative and uninformed comments are not good for anyone. If you piss someone off you're likely not going to get much cooperation from them, and when it comes to an issue like OC which has been a very combative issue thanks to groups of people pushing it as a movement creating a virtual war, that kind of behavior just makes it worse. If it's important to reasonable people, reasonable people will make sure they know.

Hopefully if they're using that as a guage in any way, they'll look at it and just consider the number of comments, ignoring the negative.

BTW, sit back and patiently wait 2 years? How long do you think it has taken for almost every good piece of gun rights legislation? Last session doesn't count because of the mess it started out as. This is the 1st session it's had a good shot, and while I'd love foe it to be a done deal already, I'm realistic. That doens't mean giving up.

If by being reasonable and thinking respectful and effective (direct contact) is going to continue getting be attacked, I'll stay out of the way and let y'all light your torches. This dividing and combative mentality is beyond comprehension if there's a genuine intent to unite and be productive.

I don't see how my post made little sense to you. Maybe you should climb off you pedestal and read it where the air ain't so thin.

Waiting another two years could be a huge setback, the environment could be much less friendly at that time.

These are politicians. We hire them and we fire them. If he thinks his job depends on this bill he will move on it despite personal feelings about it. If not, he needs to know he will no longer be employed by us.

By discounting social media you are discounting what gained a huge number of votes for Obama in the last election. It is not the only avenue that should be used, but it is becoming a very important one. Especially to younger generations, and it's influence will only grow as time goes by.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Does that make it right or not unproductive? Is it OK for say, customers of a business that have no clue what an employee does to come up to them and demand they stop "dawdling", "do your job", "quit slowing everything down" or "do you job or else"? I think most people don't like being told what to do by people that don't even know what they do.

I'm through commenting, I just realized how much energy y'all are putting in to attacking me to defend childish behavior. It's completely counter-intuitive to anything productive. Welcome to how things don't get accomplished in America. :confused:

We are not customers at a business, we are the boss. These politicians work for us and we pay their salaries.

I will tell the people that work for me when they are doing something wrong or when they need to work faster. If they refuse they will be sent packing.

Your forgetting that the government works for the people, we are not it's customers but it's owner.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    JK, parse my words or be critical because I didn't use the right ones. This is my interpretation of your stern talking to. Don't be demeaning. You're coming off as holier than thou. Maybe you are, but bring it down a notch when you're talking to us regular yokels. :rolleyes:

I'm getting mixed messages from you on what you want from "us". Frankly it is irritating. I feel like I am being told to root for one bill, but not for another. That crap happened in the last session too. Essentially the backers of different bills got into a dust up and yall make "us" choose what side to be on. That pisses me off. Yall should not ping pong "us" around like that, just to use our voice, pull and votes. I resent that. And by "us" I mean us common 2A folks with no hand in the fight other than we want more rights in Texas.

You need to realize what you're doing and how it is being perceived. You are turning off a lot of voters.

I'm floored that this is coming from you. I didn't parse anything, if you didn't mean threatening, then just say it. It's what you said.

"Root" for every bill you support. Not everyone cares about every bill and frankly it's hard to keep up with all of them, but I'd never say blow one off over another. The process has to prioritize but that doens't mean give up. If that's the message anyone got, that's not at all what I meant. But certainly don't ignore other bills because they're less important to you. 3218 for example, is one I'm blow away more people aren't rallying behind.

I agree with you about the last session and "dust ups" and that's what's happening again and I'm not referring to here specifically. If me saying that being negative is dividing anyone, then I'd reconsider who I'm standing with. We're all equal and have equal voices and we need to use those voices productively if we're serious.

I understand better now why certain people that bust there rear ends, get so frustrated with "us", the voices. We tend to shoot ourselves in the foot. We don't need to shoot ourselves in the foot. :cool:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You keep saying we are "shooting ourselves in the foot" and have posted comments you claim are going to far yet no one seems to agree that there is anything in those comments that should not have been said.

You act as if we are at the will of the government and we should fear them becoming upset with us. That tends to rub some of us the wrong way.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    We are not customers at a business, we are the boss. These politicians work for us and we pay their salaries.

I will tell the people that work for me when they are doing something wrong or when they need to work faster. If they refuse they will be sent packing.

Your forgetting that the government works for the people, we are not it's customers but it's owner.

I don't disagree with you, to a point. If you don't understand what they are actually doing, and facing, you don't have a basis for demanding anything. Call their office and ask what's going on and why things you think should be happening aren't. Let them give you a tangible reason to demand something of them. Most of them have people answering the phone and actually taking an interest in what people have to say. That said, I may be conjuring things up in my head, but it seems there's more going on this session to make things more difficult that meets the eye. I hope whatever it is, it doesn't shut everything down. At least a couple of bills are being heard today, 1 that's very good, although may not be real high on many of our lists.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't disagree with you, to a point. If you don't understand what they are actually doing, and facing, you don't have a basis for demanding anything. Call their office and ask what's going on and why things you think should be happening aren't. Let them give you a tangible reason to demand something of them. Most of them have people answering the phone and actually taking an interest in what people have to say. That said, I may be conjuring things up in my head, but it seems there's more going on this session to make things more difficult that meets the eye. I hope whatever it is, it doesn't shut everything down. At least a couple of bills are being heard today, 1 that's very good, although may not be real high on many of our lists.

I believe the bold section of your post is where we disagree.

It is getting extremely frustrating to me the number of people who are willing to accept what the government says as if we were at its will, at local, state, and federal levels.

I see any government official as my employee. Just as I have a boss who expects me to get my work do e even if it means 30 hr days and I expect the same of my employees. And we do work those hours. If my employees can't handle that they have the option of alternative means of employment, just as I do. I don't see it being any different for those working at the capital.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I don't see how my post made little sense to you. Maybe you should climb off you pedestal and read it where the air ain't so thin.

Waiting another two years could be a huge setback, the environment could be much less friendly at that time.

These are politicians. We hire them and we fire them. If he thinks his job depends on this bill he will move on it despite personal feelings about it. If not, he needs to know he will no longer be employed by us.

By discounting social media you are discounting what gained a huge number of votes for Obama in the last election. It is not the only avenue that should be used, but it is becoming a very important one. Especially to younger generations, and it's influence will only grow as time goes by.

Now here we go with personal attacks, right on que I suppose.

Good luck to you.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    adu7e4en.jpg

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I'm floored that this is coming from you.

I'm frustrated JK, so I'm relieved at least you gathered I am not happy. (No I don't mean that sarcastically, I am glad you heard me)

You are lecturing us here on TexasGunTalk about what some Facebook users are allegedly saying. I say allegedly because you haven't pointed out exactly who has said what that is so displeasing to you or the movement supporting HB700. Would you please point out exactly who/what the problems are instead of talking in vague generalities. That is frustrating. Please don't beat around the bush. I realize it is possible you're being diplomatic so you don't run off any people with well-meaning/poorly-written posts of support. But speak up!

Who said what?
    What posts do you find hurtful, less than helpful and any other synonym associated with those words?

I feel like I need an example from you of what you find appropriate and inappropriate words of support. I feel like I'm guessing at what you want to hear/read. I feel like I'm shooting baskets, blindfolded in a pitch black gym.

Where is the line? You inferred it was crossed but you won't tell us where it was. How can "we" abide by "the rules" if we don't even know what the rules, in this case, expectations, are? Gah!

What do you want us to say so it sounds the best?

Top Bottom