• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    It's on the calender. Call your reps and ask them to vote in the affirmative. It'll pass the house by Monday!

So HB 2756 is likely up on Monday? That's fast, it just got sent to calendars today (at least, the correct report). Here's hoping, though. HB 1937 should be on the floor Monday too. Should still be time to get it through the Senate. HB 1938 might do the same. Those make explicit crimes out of TSA groping and operating virtual strip searches, respectively.

Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) History for HB 1937
    Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) History for HB 1938
    Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) History for HB 2756
    ARJ Defense ad

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    So HB 2756 is likely up on Monday? That's fast, it just got sent to calendars today (at least, the correct report). Here's hoping, though. HB 1937 should be on the floor Monday too. Should still be time to get it through the Senate. HB 1938 might do the same. Those make explicit crimes out of TSA groping and operating virtual strip searches, respectively.

Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) History for HB 1937
    Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) History for HB 1938
    Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) History for HB 2756
    sweet

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Bill: HB 1937 Bill: HB 1938
    i LOVE these bills, and would pick them over 2756 (at first glance) if i had to throw one under the bus.... becasue they help more people. 2756 doesnt do much for me as i dont have a CHL, but i could fly out of texas finally with the other two, even if i had to take a train back..... :)

i am glad to see these issues getting some recognition, but cant decide if i am happy or sad that htey arent getting much media.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I just thought about this...

Maybe the anti-gun guys like the brady bunch aren't making a big deal of this because they think we will get dirty looks and will be shamed out of our love of guns

And i guess they like the idea of seeing who's armed rather than it being hidden, as it is apparent that they want to publish a list of gun owners....

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^^ hadnt thought of that. with the surveilance grid being put in place it owuld be much easier to pickout who has guns wouldnt it>?
    interesting...

well my feelings ont he subject are remiscent of Goliad.

Curt 58

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Rhome
    I was in Montana last Summer on a motorcycle ride and when we stopped for lunch at the local restaurants to eat and we were greated by the sight of OPEN CARRY!
    That was my first experience and I have to say I was pleased at the reaction of the other Diners. One of the waitresses told me it took a little while for folks to accept the sight of people openly displaying sidearms, but once they got used to it, it became a safety zone.
    Folks felt safe knowing that the Bad Guys would take one look inside a buisness to see if anyone was armned and then just turn around.
    The possibility of beingout numbered in a gun fight was a big deterrent.
    Although I was carrying concealed,(according to Texas Reciprosity Laws) I thought how cool is this?
    No need to worry about, "Am I going to have to defend all these people should a robbery take place".
    There must have been 10 or 12 holstered hanguns in that little Restaurant, not counting the concealed ones like mine.

I passed this information to my Representative!
    Open Carry will be a good thing!
    Even if you don't!

ps: I should point out we were not riding outlaw Harleys either.
    Dual Sports on the Continental Divide Trail.
    Canada to Mexico.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Great post!

I have to say that it could very well improve the image of guns to sheep.

I would be extra nice to everyone I converse with while open carrying and make sure I left a good impression.

Top Bottom