• MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Huh???

We need to get you some some help with the analogies.
    Being from Florida and all, I would think you would understand redenck analogies a little better.
    The analogie is based on studies of the 1872 amendments of the Texas Constitution and the 1876 repealing of those amendments and policies of that time. So, the banning of open carry would have been repealed along with those policies.
    Also, does banishment of the right to carry in any form actually " Prevent Crime"?
    I can get very, very detailed with this subject it need. I can also go into a great detail as to how those banishments were enforced in Texas all the was up to the early 80's, but it aint too proper to post. That actually comes from the crow's mouth from sveral testimonials.
    In simple term, Gun Control has never been a pretty thing.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Robbing store=very illegal
    Prohibiting open carry= perfectly legal

I get analogies.
    I usually get redneck lingo too.

Please dont digress into your "prevent crime" rant. Of you 4183 posts, most have some reference to this topic. I get it.

We both are supporters of this bill, lets just hope that open carry passes.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    holy crap. when did he hit 4 k?

lol

i love you guys. this thread is awesome.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    None of them at all? Shoot, I know a Whole Lot of people who will. Some of them not so much all the time, but they really like the idea of being able to when they deside to.
    Me, I dont really like carrying handguns much anyway. Concealment is just aggrivating to me, I dont even like carrying a wallet. Open carry seems to be less, I guess you could say "tight" feeling.
    Its mostly about personal choice anyway.

Especially in Texas weather I'd like the option to not worry about weather or not a couple of inches of mine is showing.

Maybe it's just my instincts. I have always been taught that in a fight, take out the biggest threat first. Whoever does not run will at least be easier to deal with.

Smart bank robbers always neutralize the security guards on the way in... Why? Because they have guns that they can see... If the bank is paying my salary and my benefits I'm not going to advertise as an armed citizen for any business other than my own. And anyone that comes to rob a smalltime book writing and publishing operation is one dumb SOB.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Ho Hum...An Uncle brought this, then, teenager a .32 automatic back from WWII....never dared to open carry the thing but either had it stuck under my belt or in some old Ford for years and years...Open carried as a Marine when on duty as an MP, open carrried as a LEO in a South Texas City...then concealed carry from that time until it became legal to obtain a CHL...Still concealed carry legally, would even if illegal...like all my lifetime...Never killed a woman, never killed anybody else that I know of...Some that needed killing I trusted the State of Texas to take care of... When I die slip a 9mm in the casket with me, don't have to be loaded and give all the rest to Kids & Grandkids !!!

krury

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Schertz
    We luv or Guv Rick Perrry has already said he will sign it if it passes. I ordered a new Galco High Rider for my Beretta Cougar 8045 and a Kevlar spine belt.
    I am optimistic. Yes I am a CCW for a long while.

HUA

The Texas House of Representatives Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety passed HB 2756 out to the floor for a vote by the entire House of Representatives. The bill basically removes the word "Concealed" from the "Concealed Handgun License" allowing a person with a Handgun License to carry the firearm either concealed or exposed (Open Carry). The bill was introduced by Rep. George Lavender (R - Texarkana)

Thank You George Lavender, Sorry Bad Guys! your days are numbered.

Kevin

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Committee report sent to Calendars 05/05/2011. The chief clerk delivers a certified copy of the committee report to the appropriate calendars committee (the Committee on Calendars or the Committee on Local and Consent Calendars) for placement of the bill on a calendar for consideration by the full house. Calendars committees are given wide discretion in scheduling bills for floor consideration.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Push? Let's kick it in the AZZZ gentlemen, we need the stepping stone to freedom... Let's stop giving up freedoms, so we don't have to spend so much time, money and effort getting them back!

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Calenders committee decides what is brought to the floor for a vote. They have lots of power. If they decide to not let it out it will never even voted on.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    As much as I'm in favor of this bill, I suspect we will run out of time before this gets much further along in the process. It hasn't even made it to the other side.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    It's on the calender. Call your reps and ask them to vote in the affirmative. It'll pass the house by Monday!

Top Bottom