• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Anti-OC, not anti-gun. You may think they are the same. Others disagree.

LOL. And what exactly is it that is being carried in the open? A gun. The gun is what is the problem for these people. They don't want it. Not wanting guns around is anti-gun.

If people want to disagree, they are free to live in denial.
    Capitol Armory ad

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    LOL. And what exactly is it that is being carried in the open? A gun. The gun is what is the problem for these people. They don't want it. Not wanting guns around is anti-gun.

If people want to disagree, they are free to live in denial.

Mmm, so your unfettered right to do what you want no matter what or else everyone else is evilz is it? You shound like those college protesters.

Is HEB Evilz because it will kick you out for wearing a banana hammock into their store? Are they antigun if they take issue with carrying Whalegun? How about a sword? Thinks must interesting in your "my way or the highway" world.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Correct. They could opt to not post and instead, if warranted, provide discreet notice to OC'ers that they'd prefer CC or their business going elsewhere.
    Correct, or just post a sign and worrying about making money and not political issues. I'd prefer they handled it the way you recommended.

But they don't want OC, thats their purview, just as its an OCer's choice to not go there. But one can be progun but anti-OC, or ambivalent about it. In my case I'm fine with its legality (although I think its stupid in a non-rural setting), but I also the right of businesses to exclude you.

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    HEB: where grocery shopping in your pajamas, a moomoo and a hoveround, or with your "Huggies" showing is just fine, but carrying a pistol is bad taste. :)

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Saying posting 30.07 is not anti gun is like saying the statement: "I'm for the second amendment and believe in hunting. I just think no one should own assault weapons" is pro gun.

It might not be full blown anti gun but it's closer to that than pro gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Saying posting 30.07 is not anti gun is like saying the statement: "I'm for the second amendment and believe in hunting. I just think no one should own assault weapons" is pro gun.

It might not be full blown anti gun but it's closer to that than pro gun.

No its like saying, you can CC here but you can't OC here. You can still bring guns here.
    Your statement actually would exclude firearms.

if you walked in with a rifle and they asked you to love would you also say compare it to people who are closer to "full blown hate" vs. being "pro gun?" Your no true Scotsmen approach will eventually leave you all alone.

Last edited:

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    My statement never said it would exclude firearms. It was that posting a 30.07 is closer to being anti gun than being pro gun. It's a "I'll tolerate you as long you don't show your gun".

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Remember its always darkest before...it goes completely black. :)
    Also remember there are many CHLers that support the right to OC, but also support the right of businesses to exclude who they wish.

This. I'll actively try not to support those who post 30.07, but I'll support THEM over someone who is 30.07 and 30.06 posted, both.

I respect their right to let me know they don't want my business on my terms. That's fair.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Also remember there are many CHLers that support the right to OC, but also support the right of businesses to exclude who they wish.

Of which I am one. They can start banning non-whites from using the front entrance, too, for all I care. It's their property.

But if I disagree with it strongly enough I'll go somewhere that caters to my demands. HEB ain't the only rodeo in town despite how much they act like they are. They can respect the rights of good people to be responsibly armed or I'll take my money somewhere that does. That way we can both get what we want.

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    My statement never said it would exclude firearms. It was that posting a 30.07 is closer to being anti gun than being pro gun. It's a "I'll tolerate you as long you don't show your gun".

OK, agreed, thats a fair point.

But if I disagree with it strongly enough I'll go somewhere that caters to my demands. HEB ain't the only rodeo in town despite how much they act like they are.
    Indeed, and I highly support you doing that. Note I boycott HE Butts stores too, but thats just because I can't stand the wannabe warehouse look and incomprehensible layout. We won't go into a Spouts in walking distance from the house because of the 30.06 sign they have. You don't want my business, thats just fine. So I support you in that.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Just FYI, I really respect the Chief's statement in that article. Basically, he doesn't agree with the need for OC but recognizes it's the law, that he must uphold it, and in the video urges people NOT for carry to NOT interfere with the carry of others (inferring that they'll protect the rights of OC'ers from harassment, etc.). I don't agree with him, but I'm glad to see his stance on "it's the law and it's my job to uphold it."
    I do have a problem with the Killeen Police Chief. I live in the area but outside the city limits. In the article he states that a gun must be worn in a hip holster or shoulder holster. The law says a belt or shoulder holster. Big diffetrence. By his interpretation and what he is expressing he is implying that appendix and crossdraw are not legal as well. Only hip carry.
    The video says nothing about a drop leg holster, while the article says they are illegal.
    I haven't heard anything fom the Harker Heights police chierf, but officers I have talked to are not concerned at all.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Top Bottom