• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Here's the link since Clarke can't do it.

AP Source: Colo. governor to sign gun controls - Yahoo! News

DENVER (AP) — Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper will sign gun control measures Wednesday that pose limits on ammunition magazines and expand background checks for firearms.
    A state government employee with knowledge of the situation confirmed the details to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because a formal announcement has not been made.
    The signings would be a victory for Democrats in the debate over gun control in this politically moderate state where gun ownership has been a treasured right.
    The proposals were Democratic centerpieces in the party's package of gun legislation aimed at addressing mass shootings at a suburban Denver movie theater and Connecticut elementary school last year. The bills would become effective July 1.
    Colorado's gun debate has been carefully watched because it's a politically moderate state with a gun-loving frontier history. The new laws would be the first significant gun controls approved this year outside the East Coast.
    Republicans reviled both bills and argued the proposals would not prevent more shootings, but hurt law-abiding citizens' exercise of their Second Amendment rights.
    The governor also was planning to sign a bill reviving user fees for gun purchasers needing background checks. Colorado charged $10 background-check fees more than a decade ago, but the fees were dropped. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation currently picks up the tab checking prospective gun owners.
    Other Democratic gun control proposals still pending in the state Legislature include a ban on gun ownership by people accused of domestic-violence crimes and a bill to eliminate online-only safety training for people seeking concealed-weapons permits.
    Two more Democratic gun control bills were withdrawn when they appeared to lack support for passage. Those included a new liability standard for gun owners and sellers, and a ban on concealed weapons on public college campuses.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Come on Texas! Get MagPul down here! That would be so awesome! Honestly, it's probably not a bad thing for MP anyway. I suspect since they are becoming multi-state that they are using this opportunity to increase production for higher demand. It's a smart move just from a business standpoint alone, but they also get to make a statement at the same time.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

"We were able to overturn an ammo ban / restrictions here in communist California. It's possible to fight the "liberals" in the courts. This kind of oppression makes me sick to my stomach. What does "liberal" even mean anymore? Free abortions for everyone & that's about it."

This comment on their FB page made me lol.

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    one by one the states are all falling like domino's.....seems just like a matter of time before our Washington senators sell us all down the road.....can't believe all of the gun owners and shooting enthusiasts in this country just don't seem to give a damn about our rights being pulled out from under us...worst part is even those whom we elected and promised to protect our rights are so intent on getting along and compromising they don't represent our views at all anymore.......even here we have to rely on the goodwill of the democrat committee chairpersons in order to get anything through the stupid legislature.....tired of watching it all getting flushed down the tubes.....

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    I was having dinner with a coworker tonight that lives in Denver. He said that everyone he know in the CO gun circles say that magpul is moving to TX, he just doesn't know where

Chouse34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I was having dinner with a coworker tonight that lives in Denver. He said that everyone he know in the CO gun circles say that magpul is moving to TX, he just doesn't know where

The activity on the magpul Facebook page seems to point that they are moving operations to multiple states. I'm pretty confident Texas is on the list.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The activity on the magpul Facebook page seems to point that they are moving operations to multiple states. I'm pretty confident Texas is on the list.

Several states is probably a smart move on their part.

It should safeguard against the chance of setting up in a state that flips and goes blue in the future causing them to uproot their entire operation again.

Chouse34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Several states is probably a smart move on their part.

It should safeguard against the chance of setting up in a state that flips and goes blue in the future causing them to uproot their entire operation again.

I pray nothing like this happens here. The foothold of the left is scary.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    It is very scary Youngun, but we have to have the balls to stand up to these people. Not standing up to them and thinking that....oh well this is just something that will pass, is how we got where we are now. We can fight the freaks, we just have to band together and build a united front against those that want to take our rights away from us. I know Texas is suppose to be a "friendly" state, but we need to make these freaks feel as unwelcome as possible here.

Top Bottom