• ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Colorado Gov. Hickenlooper signs landmark gun-control bills - U.S. News

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed landmark new gun laws on Wednesday expanding background checks on gun purchases and limiting the size of ammunition magazines, placing the traditionally firearm-friendly state among the handful to pass new restrictions in the wake of the shooting in Newtown, Conn.

I love this:

“This didn’t come from the White House,” Hickenlooper said.

Then it says:

Vice President Joe Biden personally lobbied lawmakers to get enough votes to get the bills through the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives in February. The measures backed by state Democrats cleared the state Senate on March 12.

:confused:

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Wonder if the CO congress is having second thoughts about their stupidity since the US congress dropped the big issues off the top like a hot potato.

I was having dinner with a coworker tonight that lives in Denver. He said that everyone he know in the CO gun circles say that magpul is moving to TX, he just doesn't know where

DFW baby, bring it. Plenty of warehouse space in North Texas and easy access to airports.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I'm going to miss snowboarding there. I always enjoyed free lodging in Telluride Winter Park and Vail. Guess i'll have to pay to ride from now on, but it'll be worth it to take my lift money to a state that wants it. Colorado obviously doesn't.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Yep, for almost every year since the 60s my dad has gone elk and muledeer hunting in CO and the last few years myself as well but itll be all northern NM from now on. Im interested to see what happens to these people responsible for its passage in the next election. Still no official word on where magpul is heading though.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    DFW baby, bring it. Plenty of warehouse space in North Texas and easy access to airports.
    Nah, Houston's where it's at (or should be). We've got the airports and warehouses too, plus a huge deepwater port (busiest port in the US for foreign tonnage, 2nd in overall tonnage) and a massive freight rail system to/from the ship channel.

So, nyah! :p

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nah, Houston's where it's at (or should be). We've got the airports and warehouses too, plus a huge deepwater port (busiest port in the US for foreign tonnage, 2nd in overall tonnage) and a massive freight rail system to/from the ship channel.

Too many liberals.

They will move to Waco for the cheaper land and conservative attitude, if not then I call it going Ft. Worth.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress

I beg to differ. I do believe Elizabeth Nj has the busiest port

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I beg to differ. I do believe Elizabeth Nj has the busiest port
    Depends how you measure it: number of ships, TEU's, gross tonnage, traffic volume, etc. In fact, according to this, Houston ranks #6 worldwide in total tonnage. The difference in many cases when comparing ports is the cargo type, and a lot of traffic in and out of the Houston Ship Channel is petrochemical cargo.

Anyway, regardless of all that, we have a port and inland cities don't. Maybe that doesn't matter a lot to a company like Magpul, which has done fine so far in landlocked CO, but I just had to brag a little anyway. It's a Houston-Dallas rivalry thing... :p

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Too many liberals.

They will move to Waco for the cheaper land and conservative attitude, if not then I call it going Ft. Worth.

I could see Waco/Belton/Temple or FTW I35 plus rail supersites cheap. Not much need for air freight, it cost too much.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Magpul doesn't have to travel far to get to DFW. They said after the move they will be located over several locations (I thought states). And North Texas keeps them close to CO if they aren't going too far out of the border.

I'm from South Texas (Corpus). And when we made the decision to come back to Texas after my husband came off active duty, we were pretty certain we wanted to stay central or north for the job ops he was looking for. We specifically vetoed Houston. I always thought the drivers were too crazy :p

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They don't need major sea shipping lines - otherwise, they wouldn't have been in CO in the first place. I've heard some locales tossed about, but can't discuss because of source. Let's just say that I'd be surprised if they don't learn how to sing "The Eyes of Texas".....

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    Magpul doesn't have to travel far to get to DFW. They said after the move they will be located over several locations (I thought states). And North Texas keeps them close to CO if they aren't going too far out of the border.

I'm from South Texas (Corpus). And when we made the decision to come back to Texas after my husband came off active duty, we were pretty certain we wanted to stay central or north for the job ops he was looking for. We specifically vetoed Houston. I always thought the drivers were too crazy :p

Can't argue that point at all. Not only are we closer to Co, DFW is a central hub for US shipping.

And the sea air would rust the guides and springs

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I will be surprised if a bunch of folks who live above 6000 feet, enjoy the cold, & love the mountains relocate to Texas. Wyoming seems a much more likely location. I know if that was my lifestyle it would be laughable to even suggest. But I am sure there are some who are tired of it too.

They have stated they are going to relocate to several states, so I guess Texas has a chance. Business RELOs like this are often guided by incentive packages, Texas has been a strong leader in that area.

My vote is for Texas and Wyoming.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I will be surprised if a bunch of folks who live above 6000 feet, enjoy the cold, & love the mountains relocate to Texas. Wyoming seems a much more likely location. I know if that was my lifestyle it would be laughable to even suggest. But I am sure there are some who are tired of it too.

They have stated they are going to relocate to several states, so I guess Texas has a chance. Business RELOs like this are often guided by incentive packages, Texas has been a strong leader in that area.

My vote is for Texas and Wyoming.

I'm in this camp too. I think they'd go to Wyoming before Texas. Don't know why I think that but I do.

Top Bottom