• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    There was only one Superbowl winner and it weren't no Texas team.
    Not yet...

Anyway, I'll yield the floor for the Houston vs. DFW woofing and let you have the last say - getting close to jacking the thread and it would mostly be my fault.

Anyway, have any pols and business folks from Texas been in contact with Magpul in the last few days? I'm sure there's a lot behind the scenes that we'll learn sooner or later. The bigger question is what other companies are of the same mind as MP and looking to relocate?
    Lynx Defense

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    One of the things we gotta keep in mind in all this is, this is business - not personal. While I might LOVE to live in Montana, etc. - I'd hate to operate a business there, because iced roads make transport a challenge - both for products and employees. The costs of the winterizing for an injection molding operation can get up there...etc.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Not yet...

Anyway, I'll yield the floor for the Houston vs. DFW woofing and let you have the last say - getting close to jacking the thread and it would mostly be my fault.

Anyway, have any pols and business folks from Texas been in contact with Magpul in the last few days? I'm sure there's a lot behind the scenes that we'll learn sooner or later. The bigger question is what other companies are of the same mind as MP and looking to relocate?

Just so it's said, we all know what the problem is with the Cowboys. The thing exploded at the end of the season and lots of jersey burning videos made the news. Soon after Jerry came out and said there'd be changes. People were fired but the same problem remained in placed and it was made clear he'd be staying. It was infuriating. Like the government, ownership doesn't listen to us. :mad:

I halfway keep up with Magpul/CO legislation from a detailed thread on another forum. I think Magpul posts updates on their FB page too. Firstthing I hear I'll post it.

One of the things we gotta keep in mind in all this is, this is business - not personal. While I might LOVE to live in Montana, etc. - I'd hate to operate a business there, because iced roads make transport a challenge - both for products and employees. The costs of the winterizing for an injection molding operation can get up there...etc.

Good point. Ability to operate without extra circumstances to deal with is good. The way I understood it after reading new location options on the thread, Wyoming and Texas were the most business friendly.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    At the end of the day, does it really matter, if they move to Dallas, Waco, Austin, Houston, etc.? As long as they move to TEXAS. Just my $.02.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

This is key... North Texas is right smack dab in the middle of everything, makes sense. I have no idea their shipping practices. But a lot of times shipping adds up to 20% of your purchasing expenses. That adds up really quick when selling on the open market in a very price sensitive market...

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Just so it's said, we all know what the problem is with the Cowboys. The thing exploded at the end of the season and lots of jersey burning videos made the news. Soon after Jerry came out and said there'd be changes. People were fired but the same problem remained in placed and it was made clear he'd be staying. It was infuriating. Like the government, ownership doesn't listen to us. :mad:

I halfway keep up with Magpul/CO legislation from a detailed thread on another forum. I think Magpul posts updates on their FB page too. Firstthing I hear I'll post it.

Good point. Ability to operate without extra circumstances to deal with is good. The way I understood it after reading new location options on the thread, Wyoming and Texas were the most business friendly.
    Lets not get started on the Cowboys, Im a lifelong fan and Skeletore is making it real hard to continue to support my team.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Lets not get started on the Cowboys, Im a lifelong fan and Skeletore is making it real hard to continue to support my team.

I am too. Don't mistake my candor for not being a fan.

I get hassled for wearing my Jason Witten jersey. Thank goodness I can claim I just think he's hot ;)

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I refuse to vist Jerry world or buy any Cowboys merchandise til he atleast makes an effort to let get the team headed in the right direction.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    From where our started to where it is. That's one hell of a swing

The bouncing ball didnt have to travel very far for this one. It went from Magpul, to the bill being signed, to magpul moving, to moving to DFW, to the Cowboys who are in DFW. Usually theres atleast a dozen more stops to follow the bouncing ball through.

Top Bottom