• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WAXTRAX

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2021
    Carrollton TX 75007
    46 Yr old native Texan shooting since age 8. Grew up hunting in South Texas from Brownsville up through Victoria area. I have a few guns in my safe and from time to time I like to move some to buy more. I've had bad experiences with stores wanting more than I feel a good cut. Heard these forums are better for in person F2F sales and figured i'd give it a shot as i'm ready to part with a couple in my collection to help fund a family trip to Yellowstone in a few weeks.

Glad to be here, I shoot regularly at the range closest to where I live in Carrollton Texas. I also enjoy archery.
    ARJ Defense ad

WAXTRAX

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2021
    Carrollton TX 75007
    lol. the value of those is high I imagine. I once went to buy/trade/barter for a large aquarium I found on craigslist. I was trading a phone or something for a 110 gallon tank. Guy ended up having a sharing moment and told me his life was falling apart, his wife left him and he basically was "forced" to get rid of his fire arms because of his mental health. He still had tons of ammo and reloading stuff and we made a deal.

Wife joked, only you would go out for fish stuff and come back with a truck full of ammo. I sold all the reloading materials as I do not reload myself and i'm sure I got burned on that deal, but thats a different story.

ya I'm reading around and will contribute.

WAXTRAX

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2021
    Carrollton TX 75007
    So I guess new guy started a commotion asking for bill of sale on a gun sale post. I do apologize. I have had previous sold firearms get used in crimes and have had the FBI call me asking me about said firearms since they were registered to myself. Having bill of sale proof made that very easy.

Have you had that happen to you? I do understand why you don't want to provide info, but that doesn't mean you have to buy from me or that I can't ask right? Or is this against forum rules?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So I guess new guy started a commotion asking for bill of sale on a gun sale post. I do apologize. I have had previous sold firearms get used in crimes and have had the FBI call me asking me about said firearms since they were registered to myself. Having bill of sale proof made that very easy.

Have you had that happen to you? I do understand why you don't want to provide info, but that doesn't mean you have to buy from me or that I can't ask right? Or is this against forum rules?

You can ask for whatever you want. DoJ has sent plenty of folks to federal prison for dealing without an FFL based off Bills of Sale.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

You see, when you make a statement like ;
    Sorry for the confusion. I won't sell to anyone unless the bill of sale includes TX DL# and the persons honest verification that they are not a convicted felon. Safety for me since this is registered in my name and I can't guarantee anyone will go re-register.
    After saying;
    46 Yr old native Texan shooting since age 8. Grew up hunting in South Texas from Brownsville up through Victoria area. I have a few guns in my safe and from time to time I like to move some to buy more. I've had bad experiences with stores wanting more than I feel a good cut. Heard these forums are better for in person F2F sales and figured i'd give it a shot as i'm ready to part with a couple in my collection to help fund a family trip to Yellowstone in a few weeks.

Glad to be here, I shoot regularly at the range closest to where I live in Carrollton Texas. I also enjoy archery.

Followed by the post quoted at the top about having multiple firearms used in crimes and your BOS protecting you, well, I have to call bullshit.
    Let’s start with number one. If you had one gun used in a crime, BOS or not that would have ended with just a routine contact and over.
    If you had multiple guns you sold used in crimes as you have stated and had BOS for all of them, they would have led to your prosecution for being an unlicensed FFL. Plenty of cases on that.

# 2- & 3- There is no gun registration in Texas. If you are a native Texan you know ( or should know) this. Making those statements really erodes credibility and the wording in your ad really did originally read like someone comes from a country that has not discovered toilet paper and still wipes with their hands. I see that you edited it so it would sound less like that, so maybe good for you, or maybe there are translation engines out there that do a much better job these days.

WAXTRAX

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2021
    Carrollton TX 75007
    You see, when you make a statement like ;

After saying;

Followed by the post quoted at the top about having multiple firearms used in crimes and your BOS protecting you, well, I have to call bullshit.
    Let’s start with number one. If you had one gun used in a crime, BOS or not that would have ended with just a routine contact and over.
    If you had multiple guns you sold used in crimes as you have stated and had BOS for all of them, they would have led to your prosecution for being an unlicensed FFL. Plenty of cases on that.

# 2- & 3- There is no gun registration in Texas. If you are a native Texan you know ( or should know) this. Making those statements really erodes credibility and the wording in your ad really did originally read like someone comes from a country that has not discovered toilet paper and still wipes with their hands. I see that you edited it so it would sound less like that, so maybe good for you, or maybe there are translation engines out there that do a much better job these days.
    well its all true, so I don't know what to tell you. Jeez. are you hard up on something?

Top Bottom