• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Lesson learned. I'm sure there are alot of nice folks on here like the guy I sold to and met this am. Thank you for your cordial welcome and information.
    You're welcome.

We recently had a privacy breech so the natives can get a little restless. And some are always restless......

But this really is a great group of members. Don't let them run you off.
    Venture Surplus ad

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'm not about jumping on the bandwagon. Any bandwagon.

I'll readily admit that I have signed BOSs and shown ID. I wouldn't let anyone photo or copy my ID though.

Do I require a BOS? Hell no. I think they're stupid but that's just my opinion.

But if a seller wants one to sell me a firearm I want at a great price then so be it. They're sale, they're rules. I can always walk away if the requirements are too much.

I'm not going to beat them up over it or for using improper terms (registration/ 4473). I just don't care.

Guys won't sign a BOS? I'm happy for you but don't think there's no way to track you down. You already sent messages of some sort and possibly made the deal with a camera watching.

How "private" do you really think a private sale is?

It is what it is.
    True. My main issue is he is a liar. Liars are not trustworthy. I have pointed out his lies and asked for explanations. Crickets.
    My guess is there is at a minimum something very fishy about this one.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You were still answering questions about the unclear ness of your ad early this after noon. You later posted this.
    9DE4559C-F2B3-400A-9B8B-396FD42E44EA.jpeg
    And a few posts later posted this
    47130C41-8721-4830-86ED-63469828C684.jpeg

One of these statements would seem to be untruthful. Which one is it?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    explain to the 2 smartest true detectives there are on the internet? okay.
    Stevie Wonder can see that you and telling the truth have an issue with each other.
    I am simply asking if there is a logical reason you can not seem to be truthful.

Last edited:

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    46 Yr old native Texan shooting since age 8. Grew up hunting in South Texas from Brownsville up through Victoria area. I have a few guns in my safe and from time to time I like to move some to buy more. I've had bad experiences with stores wanting more than I feel a good cut. Heard these forums are better for in person F2F sales and figured i'd give it a shot as i'm ready to part with a couple in my collection to help fund a family trip to Yellowstone in a few weeks.

Glad to be here, I shoot regularly at the range closest to where I live in Carrollton Texas. I also enjoy archery.
    Hey, Bud. Welcome!

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Just read the balance of this intro. I did sign a BOS once from a private seller. It was an awesome deal and I was going to own that .308 Ruger Scout. At the price he wanted, I’d have given him my SSN to get that gun. I did make sure we traded in the Precinct 4 Constable’s parking lot though. It was the single too good to be true deal that came through. Still my favorite rifle.

Top Bottom