• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Athos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    England
    Cheers from across the pond. I enjoy a bit of travel myself having been to London, Liverpool and Cambridge as well as Edinburgh and several parts of Ireland. However, there's no place like home.

Get back here and shoot as soon as you can. I'm sure there are plenty of members that would offer you a warm welcome and some great guns to shoot... assuming you can find some ammo.

Thanks, Liverpool is a great night out. Did you get to the Cavern Club? I’ve been reading about the ammo shortages. Crazy times. Things could get interesting here if imports from the US dry up and the EU decide to play stupid games.

Athos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    England
    Tell me about your .303 please?

I’ve got two, a 1914 Mk3 SMLE made by the London Small Arms Company. That’s a bit of a safe queen though.

The other is a 1942 No4Mk1 made at ROF Fazakerley.

The No.4 is a much better rifle, but the SMLE is much more satisfying to shoot.
    E0673440-A503-406E-AF20-FF2CF96C0958.jpeg

Athos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    England
    Howdy.
    I like Christoval and San Angelo too.
    How in tha hell did you wind up in Levelland?
    That's got me curious.

It was an overnight stop at an Air BnB place. Can’t remember much about the place other than the land being very level there.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I’ve got two, a 1914 Mk3 SMLE made by the London Small Arms Company. That’s a bit of a safe queen though.

The other is a 1942 No4Mk1 made at ROF Fazakerley.

The No.4 is a much better rifle, but the SMLE is much more satisfying to shoot. View attachment 249009

Neat.
    I’m kind of surprised you can possess one.
    Until recently I had a No.4 Maltby.
    Lots of fun.

Athos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    England
    Neat.
    I’m kind of surprised you can possess one.
    Until recently I had a No.4 Maltby.
    Lots of fun.

They’re great rifles. With a licence and the right justification you can own most things as long as it’s single shot and over a certain length. You can get semi-auto shotguns and .22LR rifles/long barrel pistols. Shooting and firearm ownership isn’t dead in the UK just yet.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Thanks, Liverpool is a great night out. Did you get to the Cavern Club? I’ve been reading about the ammo shortages. Crazy times. Things could get interesting here if imports from the US dry up and the EU decide to play stupid games.

I admit I didn't get to enjoy local nightlife all that much but I did make it to anfield for an LFC match. The ex had family there and we enjoyed a misty walk around the Albert docks, penny lane and some shopping at anfield 1. Also had the best lamb w mint sauce I think I'll ever experience.

I would go again some day. It would be fun to see London again from the top of the shard. Although another trip to anfield might have to wait until they get back to winning form. It's been a tough season to watch this year. May have lost the ex wife but I'll never walk alone.

Top Bottom