• ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Hola amigo.

Some of my best memories were two two trips to the UK, on in 2003, the other in 2012. We spent a lot of time in London, but a lot of time outside it too in Colchester, Dover, Portsmith and up north in Scotland in Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

Glad you get a chance to shoot a bit over there.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Like Hoyt Axton said "Well I never been to England But I kinda like the Beatles".

I've worked with a bunch of Brits because I've owned and work on British cars for a living for over 40 years.
    They used to come here to learn to fly at Meacham Field Fort Worth TX. back in the 1980s and 1990s.

They usually got part time jobs fixing Jaguars at the shops I worked at.

Welcome

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Howdy
    Welcome to the forum.
    Worked in Heston, daughter (born in Bryan, TX), SIL (Sheffield lad) and two grandsons in Sheffield.

"Oh, to be in England
    Now that April's there" ... almost.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Howdy! I was stationed at Bentwaters in the early 80s, and have been back to the UK several times since. Love the place, the culture and the people; and still have a lot of British friends in East Anglia.

We actually have a RN CDR who is a liaison officer where I work. Unfortunately, my organization is moving to Washington, D.C. this year so any opportunity to come to Texas will be gone.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Like Hoyt Axton said "Well I never been to England But I kinda like the Beatles".

I've worked with a bunch of Brits because I've owned and work on British cars for a living for over 40 years.
    They used to come here to learn to fly at Meacham Field Fort Worth TX. back in the 1980s and 1990s.

Welcome
    I own a pair of Land Rover Disco IIs... that has to count for something.

Athos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    England
    I admit I didn't get to enjoy local nightlife all that much but I did make it to anfield for an LFC match. The ex had family there and we enjoyed a misty walk around the Albert docks, penny lane and some shopping at anfield 1. Also had the best lamb w mint sauce I think I'll ever experience.

I would go again some day. It would be fun to see London again from the top of the shard. Although another trip to anfield might have to wait until they get back to winning form. It's been a tough season to watch this year. May have lost the ex wife but I'll never walk alone.

Liverpool is a great city, can’t speak about LFC though as I’m an Aston Villa supporter (someone has to do it). I didn’t think lamb was a popular meat in the States. We had a US Coastguard Chief attached to my unit for two years and he would never touch the stuff. He made up for it in his whisky consumption though.

Athos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    England
    Hola amigo.

Some of my best memories were two two trips to the UK, on in 2003, the other in 2012. We spent a lot of time in London, but a lot of time outside it too in Colchester, Dover, Portsmith and up north in Scotland in Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

Glad you get a chance to shoot a bit over there.

Thanks for the welcome, the south coast is an awesome place to visit if you like your history. Did you get a chance to check out HMS Victory in Portsmouth?

Athos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    England

Welcome

My uncle worked at the Jaguar plant in Solihull. Can’t beat the old Jags for a bit of style. Which models did you see coming through the doors?

Athos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    England
    Howdy! I was stationed at Bentwaters in the early 80s, and have been back to the UK several times since. Love the place, the culture and the people; and still have a lot of British friends in East Anglia.

We actually have a RN CDR who is a liaison officer where I work. Unfortunately, my organization is moving to Washington, D.C. this year so any opportunity to come to Texas will be gone.

Always good to hear from a fellow serviceman and I’m glad you enjoyed the country without stealing any of our women (unlike some other members here, looking at you TxStetson). I was swimming around in my dads nutsack in the early 80’s, I read that they were flying the A10 out of Bentwaters at that time. Pretty awesome.

I’ve got friends who’ve loved their postings to the US, Panama City and Norfolk. It’ll never happen for me though, the perks of being a seagoer. That move to DC sounds like a bit of a raw deal.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    My uncle worked at the Jaguar plant in Solihull. Can’t beat the old Jags for a bit of style. Which models did you see coming through the doors?

I bought my first Jaguar in 1974 (an old used 1966 black 'E'-Type coupe)
    I've worked on everything from XK120s to the 2006MY Jaguars.
    Since I left the Jaguar dealer in 2006, that is where I draw the line at repair.

I know NOTHING about the Jaguars after that and I don't want to learn anymore.
    Now I just tinker with what I know.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I own a pair of Land Rover Disco IIs... that has to count for something.

Lots of my customers try to get me to work on LRs. I tell them NO!!!!!
    They say "The Jaguars share a lot of parts and technology".

I tell them that I don't work on trucks!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't like my chest to cave in while I am working. (they are too tall)

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Always good to hear from a fellow serviceman and I’m glad you enjoyed the country without stealing any of our women (unlike some other members here, looking at you TxStetson).
    I can see where you would assume such a thing, and I was still active duty when we met and later married, but she was living in Florida when I met her.

Athos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    England
    I can see where you would assume such a thing, and I was still active duty when we met and later married, but she was living in Florida when I met her.

Haha, I’m just messing about. I can’t blame you mate, Geordie lasses are canny! Bet she doesn’t miss the weather though.

Athos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    England
    I bought my first Jaguar in 1974 (an old used 1966 black 'E'-Type coupe)
    I've worked on everything from XK120s to the 2006MY Jaguars.
    Since I left the Jaguar dealer in 2006, that is where I draw the line at repair.

I know NOTHING about the Jaguars after that and I don't want to learn anymore.
    Now I just tinker with what I know.

You’ve got fine taste sir! E-Types are fetching silly money now. I got offered a red E-Type coupe for £12k about ten years ago. Needed work but it was in good shape. In hindsight that car was the bargain of the century.

Top Bottom