DK Firearms

Help me prevent accidental shootings!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That's the really funny part of it all.....bozo comes on, claims to "not be associated with company", then pastes up a bunch of garbage that the Village Idiot can tell is nothing more than an attempt to circumvent board protocols......and is gonna be surprised when they get jumped on.

Ah.....the idiocy of 'em all......

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The problem is that apparently people leave their guns out where a 1 year old can get ahold of them. I guess it is ok to do that when you buy Safety Bullets.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    The problem is that apparently people leave their guns out where a 1 year old can get ahold of them. I guess it is ok to do that when you buy Safety Bullets.
    Yep. The worst part is if your kid pulls the trigger and puts the gun back. A guy breaks in and you expect to only have to jack the round out but at that critical moment you can't run the slide... "where the hell is the stick"!!! Talk about dangerous.
    I think I will pass.

Texfire_inc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Conroe
    Maybe i went about this wrong. I should of said hi my name is scott, I am new to this fourm. i recently saw a product called a safety bullet on the net. Does anyone know anything about them, do they work, not work, any opinions on it would be great... Thanks... I am not tring to sell anyone anything just saw it and thought it may of could helped protect a kid from a senseless shooting.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Hi Scott. Welcome to Texas Gun Talk.
    In my opinion, that product is a POS marketed by a POS (the guy on the video, not you) and will never be in any of my firearms.
    Now pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and join the conversation.
    Steve

murfdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Pearland,TX
    Be advised Texfire_inc don't take things to personal on this forum.You need to have some tough skin on here hang in there you'll get use to it.

Murfdog

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, a better entrance (such as an introduction) would have helped his cause.

And to act as if we're a bunch of fuddling idiots who leave loaded firearms around small children all the time is insulting! I believe we have a higher caliber of membership on this forum and had it simply been a plea to help expand gun safety to the uninitiated than I would be more impressed. But it was an attempt to hock a POS product that does little to increase a person’s safety unless that person happens to be the criminal breaking into your house at the moment!

As such, my recommendation to you Scott is to find out what avenues you can take to broach this subject with those who really need educating on it, and to drop the pimping of ridiculous products such as the “safety bullet.” If you are unsure of how gun enthusiasts feel about such an item, then post a thread asking for opinions on it. That way you’ll be educated to the facts and opinions, and not come across as a covert advertisement!

Oh, and welcome to the forum. I hope to see more of your contributions to the site, especially when it comes to firearms safety as it is one topic that is never discussed enough! We can start with all the violations witnessed in that marketing video…

Cheers! M2

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    That probably would have been a better approach. Also, reading a lot of topics here to get a feel for the membership would have helped too.

I would guess that most of the people here are advocates of personal responsibility especially when related to guns like myself. We are also strong believers in safe gun handling. These Safety Bullets will likely have an undesired effect of increasing unsafe gun handling because now that the magic bullet is in the gun, you don't have to be safe with it, right? WRONG. But many people will fall into that trap.

The real answer is personal responsibility, safe gun handling, and proper training and education.

In the call you responded to, someone screwed up. Plain and simple. A toddler cannot get their hands on the loaded firearm of a responsible gun owner. Period. So now that were are dealing with an irresponsible owner, why would these safety bullets appeal to them? I would think that at best they would only appeal to responsible owners who really have no need of the product.

Make sense?

Sorry you kind of got jumped on, but perhaps you can understand why your comments caused a stir.

Welcome to TGT.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Maybe i went about this wrong. I should of said hi my name is scott, I am new to this fourm. i recently saw a product called a safety bullet on the net. Does anyone know anything about them, do they work, not work, any opinions on it would be great... Thanks... I am not tring to sell anyone anything just saw it and thought it may of could helped protect a kid from a senseless shooting.

I don't know what's more egregious: your child-like grammar and spelling, or your lame and insulting attempt to sell us a bad product.

codeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    TX
    Welcome to the group Texfire_inc. As you can see the majority of our members are very knowledgeable when it comes to firearms and firearm safety, and are not shy when it comes to expressing their opinions.
    As far as the product goes, in my opinion anyone who feels they need this product probably shouldn’t own a firearm. A responsible firearm owner who has children in their home AT ANY TIME will own some sort of safe. I have no children but I have two safes and my brother and sister in-law know to call ahead when they bring my niece over to visit. This allows me time to secure all firearms. They also had the good sense to allow me to teach her firearm safety even though they aren’t gun people. During that training I taught her what to do if she or a friend of hers finds a gun when adults aren’t around.
    If you truly are not affiliated with this company and just a new member, may I suggest you do your research before posting a statement. If you can’t do the research then I’d suggest posting it as a question. As you can see we’re not afraid to tell you what we think. I too started out on this site with my foot in my mouth and had to do some back pedaling and retract some statements to earn this group’s respect. It was worth it as I’ve learned a great deal from these people.
    If you are affiliated with this company I suggest you leave this site and never return.

Top Bottom