Hurley's Gold

Help me prevent accidental shootings!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Maybe i went about this wrong. I should of said hi my name is scott, I am new to this fourm. i recently saw a product called a safety bullet on the net. Does anyone know anything about them, do they work, not work, any opinions on it would be great... Thanks... I am not tring to sell anyone anything just saw it and thought it may of could helped protect a kid from a senseless shooting.

Howdy Scott from Austin
    Venture Surplus ad

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Hi, my name is Randy, and I have a firearm problem...I can't seem to stop buying them! Safety? What's that? Oh, you mean that little thing that you disengage before shooting said firearm...Gotcha! Safety Bullet? Yes, I have a safety bullet, in fact I have boxes and boxes of them...They keep me and my family safe... My preferred Safety bullet is the Gold Dot....

oh, and Welcome to the madness....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It made my sphincter clench!

It made ME glad that I was gonna use YOUR gun to test it! anim_lol.jpg

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Okay, I wasn't going to chime in but then I watched the video. This product would have been perfect in the opening scene of the new A-Team movie and that is where it should stay - in the movies (I'm sure hollywood would love to peddle this type of gimmick). I can't imagine having someone breaking into my house, dealing with the adrenline and confusion, and trying to remember how to get a functioning round into the chamber. I'm sure the bad guys would run in confusion when I started yelling "Where is my ramrod, where is my ramrod"!!??!!

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    First: it's bad enough that my weapons are kept condition 3 so I have to rack the charging handle once before going all Hollywood on some jackass coming in my house. This guy's suggestion for people to setup their weapons so they have to do it twice? Really? I see that working well.

Second: this is a solution in search of a problem. The problem: a kid might get ahold of my weapon which I keep in condition 1. Solution(s):
    1 - keep the weapon in condition 3
    2 - keep the weapon where a kid cannot get to it by chance
    3 - teach the kid how to handle weapons safely

The safety bullet is anything but safe. The only good thing for the safety bullet would be if it were in the BG's gun.

Third - while I'm sure there were good intentions starting this thread the execution sucked. Given the Google and other internet sources there is tons of easily accessible information on how to safely secure weapons. There are plenty of threads here already discussing this topic. I believe one of our esteemed members even creased his pants at the range a few months back to demonstrate what can go wrong. Very generous guy. If the intent is the hang out with a bunch of smartalec jackasses who are just loaded to the gills with opinions you came to the right place - go introduce yourself properly and joy the fray. If you are here to sell stuff - get your visa card out and pay the man for some banner ads.

kaiserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Mansfield, Texas
    This is an old idea with a different package. There used to be an all plastic bullet that did the same thing, it was on the market about 15 years ago.

My only issue is when someone kicks in your door and you grab your gun in a panic the following scenario may occur:

Aim
    Click ....
    Dammit [Jammed gun]
    BANG BANG BANG (from intruders gun)

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Hi, my name is Randy, and I have a firearm problem...I can't seem to stop buying them! Safety? What's that? Oh, you mean that little thing that you disengage before shooting said firearm...Gotcha! Safety Bullet? Yes, I have a safety bullet, in fact I have boxes and boxes of them...They keep me and my family safe... My preferred Safety bullet is the Gold Dot....

I'm surprised that we haven't seen more firearms coming into the market with that little hexkey lock like Taurus was marking on their slides for a while...

I left my kids at the Mall and never picked them up so now I can leave my loaded Glocks any where I want to.

That's the easiest form of safety...

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Help me teach people that most of their problems in life are their own PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Yeah, that's the one factor no one wants to discuss. No object you buy will ever fix that problem.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Help me teach people that most of their problems in life are their own PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Yeah, that's the one factor no one wants to discuss. No object you buy will ever fix that problem.
    Right on the mark.

This product is simply one designed to remove the responsibility from the owner of the gun and place it on a jamming device (as modern society has done with everything else that might be the fault of an individual). My opinion is that only an idiot that is afraid of his own gun would ever buy this joke.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

Damn Right!!
    Instead of having some stupid fake ass ammo in your gun. Put the thing up so the wrong people dont get hold of it. Teach your kids gun safety and stop being stupid!

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW

I for one believe that all of my problems can be solved if I would simply turn off the computer for longer periods of time and drink more. Perhaps the two can be combined.......

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea

We're able to buy a procedure to make us skinnier... we're able to purchase bigger perkier breasts for our wives... we're able to purchase the nicest cars with the most luxury airbags... But in the words of Ron White "You can't fix stupid!"

I completely agree... but we begin passing off responsibility as early as grade schools where we give students time and time again to turn in assignments where they have no responsibility to meet a deadline... the responsibility is leaving this world... it is leaving society...

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This is what we get when we punish success and reward failure. While I don't really believe in evolution, this is where we could learn from Darwin to let idiots fail so that they bring around their own demise and stop messing things up for the rest of us. Survival of the fittest and all. ;)

murfdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Pearland,TX
    This is what we get when we punish success and reward failure. While I don't really believe in evolution, this is where we could learn from Darwin to let idiots fail so that they bring around their own demise and stop messing things up for the rest of us. Survival of the fittest and all. ;)

+1 We need to let nature thin out the week gene pool.

Murfdog

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The Safety Bullet operates on the notion that the gun is inherently dangerous so something must be done to disable it. The gun is fine and is simply a tool to be used by a trained operator. In the absence of a trained operator, the tool should be locked up where it isn't accessible to those who are not qualified. Education and in the case of small children being present, a small safe to keep them away from the tool are appropriate.

I have no children in my house but I have a number of concealed carry handguns which are NEVER unloaded. Instead of loading and unloading those firearms and risking a mistake either of needing them and not having them loaded OR of being loaded when I don't think they are, I keep the carry pistols not currently in use loaded 24/7 and locked in a small safe. As to loaded firearms in the house loaded and ready to go........absolutely but the extra tools are locked up.

Safety Bullets?......NO THANKS!

As to the original post, we are a group of like minded folks who discuss things of common interest. You blew into town with 3 posts and try to sell us a product of dubious value which seems to be backed by anti gun Brady Bunch Libtards. You really need to have a chat with Skeeter. I'm sure it will be enlightening.

Flash

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom