• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tinieblo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Austin
    Demand your LTC 100 with only the classroom portion filled out. Take it to another instructor for the qualification.

If it is as described , your instructor is an unscrupulous scalawag of douche bag proportion.
    That's exactly what I want to do. But don't know who can help me complete the shooting portion without talking the whole class again.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Going rate around still seems to be $100, and since I'm happy to keep people in our world employed I didn't balk at the price way back when.

However ... changing the rules and insisting on things outside of the established laws is a no-go. This guy at the very least needs to have his name pushed to the regulating body (DPS) so he can be politely educated in his duties as an instructor.

Tinieblo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Austin
    Going rate around still seems to be $100, and since I'm happy to keep people in our world employed I didn't balk at the price way back when.

However ... changing the rules and insisting on things outside of the established laws is a no-go. This guy at the very least needs to have his name pushed to the regulating body (DPS) so he can be politely educated in his duties as an instructor.
    I agree that everyone should set their price. I am not complaining about the cost of the class. I found it fair but the last minute change is what really bother me

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    "Sounds" like the guy dry phucked you without so much as a reach around.

The guy needs a lesson in what goes around comes around.

Many people dont like Autos and some cant even manipulate an auto due to physical issues. Name this phucktard so he cant pull the corrupt used car salesman bullsheit on others.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    After having read all the posts in this thread up to here, I'm wondering why you are reluctant too take the advice you asked for. Everyone who has posted here has told you straight up a couple of different ways to handle this situation but you seem to dislike all the advice.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I know I should name him , but honestly I don't want to hurt his business or reputation. Not the purpose of this post. I just need my certificate of completion and my LTC license. I think he will damage his own reputation
    As posted before. I am a LTC instructor in the Austin area and this one needs to be named.

Tinieblo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Austin
    After having read all the posts in this thread up to here, I'm wondering why you are reluctant too take the advice you asked for. Everyone who has posted here has told you straight up a couple of different ways to handle this situation but you seem to dislike all the advice.
    I am not reluctant. What are my options?
    1) report the guy? I will but that is not going to get me the certificate of completion.
    2) pay him the extra training ? Yes I can, but I don't want to do more business with him
    3) take the full class in another place ? Yes but I don't want to spend 5 or 6 hours again on something I already know.
    4) find a place to complete the shooting test and get my certificate. The reason for this thread.

At the end of the day I probably will have to take the class again. I just asked in case someone can recommend a place for the shooting portion alone.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    He told us not in his class. Only hand guns
    This is such an aggravating thread!
    You're getting all great advice from reputable people but you're ignoring it - report your instructor by name! Hell, don't do it for yourself, do it for his unsuspecting future students. Otherwise you're being irresponsible.

And for goodness sakes... a handgun = a pistol = a handgun = a revolver... I'm sorry to be calling you out, but your firearms ignorance has me second guessing my belief in constitutional carry

Tinieblo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Austin
    This is such an aggravating thread!
    You're getting all great advice from reputable people but you're ignoring it - report your instructor by name! Hell, don't do it for yourself, do it for his unsuspecting future students. Otherwise you're being irresponsible.

And for goodness sakes... a handgun = a pistol = a handgun = a revolver... I'm sorry to be calling you out, but your firearms ignorance has me second guessing my belief in constitutional carry
    I understand what you are saying but I am a old man that don't like to engage in arguments or any controversy. For me is better leave the issue die and just move on.

Also the hand gun issue is his not mine

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Attachments

• Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
      Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
      86.9 KB · Views: 475

Tinieblo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Austin
    Well at the end of the day maybe I was the issue. Anyway thanks everyone for your help and advice.

I will find a place to finish what I started.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I am almost tempted to offer to do it for free if the instructor is named. Almost. But the OP’s reluctance to report thievery is holding me back and making me question his ability to make sound judgement. A reportable qualifier if a LTC instructor has someone in their class that they suspect can not make sound judgements.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Hi. I took the LTC class yesterday and pass the written test. At the last minute the instructor decided that in order to do the shooting test all participants needed to take a class of basic hand gun. I already paid $ 90 for the LTC and don't want to pay another $150 for a class.

Can anyone recommend a inexpensive place in can get the shooting portion .

I am located in Austin area.

Thanks.

Where are you located in Austin? If you're close, I can go over the general operation of an auto loading handgun.

Here's a link to a proficiency course and pistol rental.
    https://centraltexasgunworks.com/chlclass/ltc-range-only

Last edited:
    Top Bottom