• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Man- good looking carbine. I’d clearly grasp the M&P mag well version. My Marlin Camp 45 is a dreamboat. It’s never been put to hard use though and I’d be concerned the firing mechanism wouldn’t be as robust as needed. 1K for this one is pretty spicy- but what the heck doesn’t cost 1K today?

FJB.
    Target Sports

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    but what the heck doesn’t cost 1K today?
    A ruger pc carbine even in the Biden economy is still cheaper. Ruger cs should still be gtg. But if someone doesn’t have a blowback carbine and wants a Henry, they have great cs.

Other than rim fire, Henry seems to think everything they make needs a 1k price tag. They were starting to do this before Biden.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    But Henry is a good company. They give money to sick children; don’t know if they still do. I remember the employees over the phone and in email being very normal and down to earth. So if someone’s gonna shit over a grand on something that doesn’t really stand out I can’t knock ‘em for buying Henry

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    As long as the qc doesnt suck. Im waiting to see a ruger made marlin lever gun at a store so I can see if its a pos or not
    I had the new SBL from Ruger. While pretty it was already having issues when using some of the hotter loads from Underwood and Buffalo bore. Action blew open twice on me causing the gun to lock up. Everything else that wasn't +P worked fine and it was very accurate. I informed the buyer of the issue, but he didn't care probably because I priced it so low. If I still had it, it would have been going back to Ruger. I won't be buying another Ruger 1895, hopefully the 1894 is better, but I'd wait awhile before getting one just so they can figure it out.

Reactions: MTA

servis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Denton County
    I would consider 1 just for the interchangeable mag options. I have always liked the idea of a side arm and carbine in the same caliber. Interchangeable mags makes this even more attractive. Now, show me this in a .45 that will utilize a 1911 mag...

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I would consider 1 just for the interchangeable mag options. I have always liked the idea of a side arm and carbine in the same caliber. Interchangeable mags makes this even more attractive. Now, show me this in a .45 that will utilize a 1911 mag...
    Been around sense early 2000’s

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'd prefer it in a hotter round. A 9mm rifle - or even a .45 ACP doesn't really float my boat. A .357 or .44 mag would get me interested - but is probably more difficult to do with a rimmed cartridge.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Marlin Camp 45

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Proprietary mags? Dumb. If you're gonna have PCC specific mags you might as well go with the proven performers like mp5 and scorpion mags

I'm pretty sure there are more people that own / have Glock and S&W magazines than those two firearms.

If Henry would make them in 40 S&W , or 45 ACP I'd be interested in looking at one, but wouldn't ever own a 9mm.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I'm pretty sure there are more people that own / have Glock and S&W magazines than those two firearms.

If Henry would make them in 40 S&W , or 45 ACP I'd be interested in looking at one, but wouldn't ever own a 9mm.

Sure, but henry has a proprietary PCC mag.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I had the new SBL from Ruger. While pretty it was already having issues when using some of the hotter loads from Underwood and Buffalo bore. Action blew open twice on me causing the gun to lock up. Everything else that wasn't +P worked fine and it was very accurate. I informed the buyer of the issue, but he didn't care probably because I priced it so low. If I still had it, it would have been going back to Ruger. I won't be buying another Ruger 1895, hopefully the 1894 is better, but I'd wait awhile before getting one just so they can figure it out.

Typical ruger quality. They are turning into sig with their paying customer beta testing. Fcking ridiculous

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Typical ruger quality. They are turning into sig with their paying customer beta testing. Fcking ridiculous
    Military Arms Channel just did a video on the Ruglin 1895SBL. He was glowing about it but you know what internet reviews are worth. 45-70 with a can is intriguing although I really have no practical use for it....or maybe I just need to think harder.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Military Arms Channel just did a video on the Ruglin 1895SBL. He was glowing about it but you know what internet reviews are worth. 45-70 with a can is intriguing although I really have no practical use for it....or maybe I just need to think harder.
    Yea i dont trust any of them tbh. I remember when someone leaked iv8888’s pay scheme where they were charging like 4k to review something positively. I cant watch any guntuber today other than paul harrell, backfire and sometimes nutnfancy

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yea i dont trust any of them tbh. I remember when someone leaked iv8888’s pay scheme where they were charging like 4k to review something positively. I cant watch any guntuber today other than paul harrell, backfire and sometimes nutnfancy
    That’s as bad as Mac at military arms getting caught in the import scandal.

Top Bottom