• jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Talked to Doc today.
    Calibers that would tear up the berm, .50cal, .460 WTHBY MAG, and similar calibers are a no go. .45-70, .30-06, .270 and lighter are good. Range is only about 70 yards.
    If we bring steel plates we can shoot them. Have to be ballistic steel. No steel core at the plates and no ricochets.
    .30 cal and larger full auto would tear up the berm, AR, 9mm, .45 and similar should not be a problem. Suppressors are good to go.
    We may have to appoint our own RSOs, but given our membership, I don't really see that as a problem.
    The way the range is situated, parking should not be a big problem either. Even at Hicksville, it got kind of scattered and haphazard.
    Normal fees are $15 all day. But he has not given me a firm price per shooter yet. Should have that by friday evening. Covers rifle and pistol, skeet is extra. It is a regulation skeet range.
    Other than the length of the rifle range and caliber restrictions, there is one very real possible problem. RAIN. If it rains much week prior to the meet, the rifle range is not accessable except by 4WD.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Calibers that would tear up the berm, .50cal, .460 WTHBY MAG, and similar calibers are a no go. .45-70, .30-06, .270 and lighter are good. Range is only about 70 yards.
    If we bring steel plates we can shoot them. Have to be ballistic steel. No steel core at the plates and no ricochets.
    .30 cal and larger full auto would tear up the berm, AR, 9mm, .45 and similar should not be a problem. Suppressors are good to go.
    Bummer about the .50, but I could live with the restrictions.

Ben, you see that about the steel ;)

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Talked to Doc today.
    We may have to appoint our own RSOs, but given our membership, I don't really see that as a problem.
    The way the range is situated, parking should not be a big problem either. Even at Hicksville, it got kind of scattered and haphazard.
    Normal fees are $15 all day. But he has not given me a firm price per shooter yet. Should have that by friday evening. Covers rifle and pistol, skeet is extra. It is a regulation skeet range.
    Other than the length of the rifle range and caliber restrictions, there is one very real possible problem. RAIN. If it rains much week prior to the meet, the rifle range is not accessable except by 4WD.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

I have a ford edge suv with more room but its only 2wheel drive and I have my Jeep 4x4 if I need to I will take the jeep but do you think my edge could make it through or is it the mud that is an issue?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I believe the final decision will be announced pretty soon.

Thanks for everybody's hard work and input. No doubt this meet will be just as good as any other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I believe the final decision will be announced pretty soon.

Thanks for everybody's hard work and input. No doubt this meet will be just as good as any other.

Yeah, time is not in our favor.

Once the decision is made it should be final, but we are always open to more options for the next meet (April) if anybody has something that comes up.

Keep possible locations in mind.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Bring the edge. If it is Muddy just hitch a ride with somebody to get to the rifle range. Not a big deal

I will spot you a ride in my Corolla

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Patience.

A thread will be posted this evening with all info.

Top Bottom