• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Well crap. I'm about to get dog piled.

A light is an offensive tool. Defensive, it makes a target.

You know your home. You also know where to point. You don't need a light.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That depends. Usually there is at least one light on amd I can tell if it is an intruder or one of the kids surprise visits. Full dark and no lights, I want to be sure who it is before I shoot.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Y'all know your house. The strange noises bring attention. In a moment of tunnel vision. You'll be able to identify the target.

Adult size target moving like no one else in the house. A light will help you see the face of the person you're shooting. Not much else.

Imho.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Tactically. Understanding the original purpose of a light. Blinding light that's counter offensive. Disturbing the natural night vision of the human eye. Disorienting the other person. This tactic is also rather dated.

Like a camera flash.

It works well on seek and destroy. Defensive, I have a different opinion. The light itself identifies your position.

Tacticalmurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2016
    I'm sorry but when I hear a strange noise in the house I would like to see who is making that noise before I start shooting. It is not used for finding your way around the house but to identify your target. You can get lights that have pressure buttons on and off.

dw257

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2016
    All lights off. Night vision on. But I got a streamlight protac for Christmas last year and I love it. Charge it on my laptop.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Streamlight TLR-1HP on the rifles and TLR-1 on the pistols. The HP is a bit of overkill in a house as it's a very focused beam (I can look out 300+ yards with it). The TLR-1HL or standard TLR-1 would probably be a better choice for in home use but the HP works pretty well too. :)

I personally want to see what I'm shooting at.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    While I have a light on my G22, the only other person that should be in my house is the GF.
    Looking down the hall from my bedroom will backlight anybody else, it will be dark behind me.

Jordon816

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2016
    Copperas Cove
    I agree with above statements, it's important to know what and who your aiming at. Now with that being said walking around in the dark clearing your house with a light on could make you a target. I personally run a TLR1 on my HD pistol.

shooker8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Killeen area
    Thats my sediment on lights and such is that it has to be momentary on and then click to stay on only. Some of the strobe stuff is ok but I don't deal with no high/low on my lights. I like the surefire scout but its too much to put on all my rifles. The tlr1s are nice, but I like the scout profile with a thorntail mount.

Top Bottom