• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    As they say, trust but verify. Also, just because you're using a light, doesn't necessarily mean that you're not on the offensive. That has more to do with mindset and actions... Identifying your target is a matter of due diligence and professionalism, IMO. I shudder to even think of trying to justify shooting in the dark even at home, in a modern court of law.

dw257

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2016
    Thanks baboon, I've been thinking about ir floodlights. Hoping that gen 3 prices will come down with more 4 products out. My wife wants a thermal scope. We have a pig problem at my house.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Anybody who's had a quality light put on them while in the dark know a that you only have two options.

Look away and maybe be able to see if you can get away from it.

Try to keep looking but not be able to see anything because your pupils can't contract fast enough or far enough to sufficiently limit the amount of light entering, and still be blinded after the light is off due to the image being "burned" on to your retinas making it impossible to identify anything for several minutes.

A shitty light will give away your position, a good light will make it extremely difficult for someone to react to anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a cheap ($20) amazon special light (surefire knockoff) that's rated for 1000 lumens. I know for a fact that if you go from darkness to having that thing shining at you at full power, it will make it almost impossible to see anything in that light's direction. The strobe is far worse.

The idea that someone is going to be able to use that light shining at them to their advantage is flawed at best. The light is going to catch them off guard, it's going to blind them, and it's going to severely reduce their reaction time and make accurate shooting on their part all but impossible. If the light is attached to your gun, it's going to already be pointed at them. You do the math.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    You have to remember that that life going to be followed very closely by several projectiles

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Captain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    Only my wife and I live here. Anyone else is an intruder. No need to identify.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Only my wife and I liver here. Anyone else is an intruder. No need to identify.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    My wife's liver lives here too, my problem is that my kids come and go - along with a bunch of their friends. I'd be extremely careful about who I'm shooting at.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't care if it's offensive. I'm tired of all the PC BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    As they say, trust but verify. Also, just because you're using a light, doesn't necessarily mean that you're not on the offensive. That has more to do with mindset and actions... Identifying your target is a matter of due diligence and professionalism, IMO. I shudder to even think of trying to justify shooting in the dark even at home, in a modern court of law.

I'd think that to. However, I haven't seen or read about a light being used during a home invasion. That's not to say it doesn't happen. Just not reported.

As in identifying targets. Someone kicks the door in. Smashes a window and jumps through. Knocks on my door at 2a.m. asking for gas money. Identification, Ill clearly explain to a court.

I am still trying to process how using a light in a house is old technique?

Once techniques become common place. Counter measures evolve. Example: I can expect you to have a light. You want to clear your target like a proper shooter.

If I want to counter that. Ill simply distract your attention. When you thumb the light on......your head is about 2' to the rear off it.

Goodbye.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If we are going into clearing rooms lets not forget man's best friend & or flash bangs.

The only time I ever shot a genuine federal government MP5.....

SRT was at the range with patrol. All they ever did was go to the range. Full Auto 9mm out of German perfection. 'I need a burst of six'. Good grief, If I wasn't German Texan, I would have cussed them. Stupidly sweet firing weapon. A$$holes.

My one highlight during the Army. I wished the Sheriff's department had had them.

Last edited:

PRE-K

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tomball
    I get that some folks don't care/need to identify WHO they're shooting at (they live alone, or its just them and their spouse, etc.)

But shouldn't we ALL be identifying WHERE we're shooting these threats?!?!

Top Bottom