Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The VA doctors just give me 100% mood disorder

Honestly, TMI if that is how your claim was adjudicated. Here’s the criteria for determining a 100% rating for any of the 5 specific mood disorders that are rated by the VA:

100 percent: total occupational and social impairment due to symptoms such as:
    - Gross impairment in thought process or communication
    - Persistent delusions or hallucinations, grossly inappropriate behavior
    - Persistent danger of hurting yourself or others
    - Intermittent inability to preform day to day activities
    - Disorientation of time and place
    - Memory loss of names of close relatives, own occupation, or name

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    "He was a god among mere mortals. A perfectly tuned instrument designed for multiple capabilities. Perfected through trials that left lesser beings quivering. "Surrounded by fools!" he huffed. Every sense heightened, every nerve on edge, he carried out his mission with skill. Honed through countless hours, days, weeks, yes, even years of training. Every move planned and carried out with the skill of a surgeon. Every risk calculated and countered beforehand. Yet the time drew near. He had heard of these untrained guerrilla packs and he was pursued by one now. One misstep could bring an end to all he had worked for. Little time remained before they found him. He closed his eyes, drew a deep breath and exhaled. Muscles of a strength only achieved through gruelling hardship tensed now. He was ready.

One last perimiter check and it begins! He steadied himself and reached for the keyboard."

-Festus

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Dogs are a very good deterrent
    Our first line of alert and defense is our dogs: normally the 7lb Yorkie starts barking first, followed about 2 seconds later by our 2 85-90lb pups... They have free run of the downstairs except for the master bedroom.

Once they start barking, normal procedure is to simply open our bedroom door and say, loudly and firmly, "Relax!" If there is nothing/no one there, they will sit, and then lay on their sides. If there is anything alive, they'll sit and growl, barking if it/they approach...although in reality only one of them will really stay still if there's a person outside: The other one doesn't have that much control. And if anyone actually approaches the doors or windows, nothing short of my voice will stop them from barking, growling, and snarling their heads off. My wife has less control of them but they will listen to her...and that's good, as I'm gone overnight quite often.

We then check the exterior cameras on our phones... and go from there.

Our alarm is set to instantaneous if a door or window is opened...at that point, the dogs take care of the problem, or let us know where it is.

If alone, my wife calls 911 or hits the panic button if someone is there, then waits with the dogs and her M&P Shield until the cops arrive.

If I'm home, I leave the mature dog with my wife, then take the younger ones and go on a walkabout with my glock 21, and flashlight... we live on the very edge of a town of 100,000 people: On one side of our tiny, 21 house neighborhood is a river, and on the other are cotton fields and mesquite trees. Normally what alerts the dogs are skunks, opossums, 'coons and coyotes...so far, at least.

Reactions: MTA

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I was thinking about spraying the entry floor tile with some sort of oil, so that when someone broke in, they'd slip and bust their ass, alerting me to their presence. But, I am sure some self-purported "lubricants expert" here would come along and chastise me for not using an oil designed specifically for that purpose.

I think frog blue makes ceramic tile oil

Top Bottom