• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    A valid concern... If you did not have to put your name and address on the account, it could be a bit more secure, but I suspect that for some of the items, an address could be traced back through other databases (e.g. cars).

Wonder if you could just fill out your name and your liberal neighbors address instead?
    ARJ Defense ad

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I like the idea, but I wonder what the legality of that would be. I'd also be concerned about disabling the dog with the pepper. A dye pack might be more useful. "Mark" the intruders so that they can be identified more easily.

If you want it just as a noise maker, party poppers are cheap.
    Going to prison illegal.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I like the idea, but I wonder what the legality of that would be. I'd also be concerned about disabling the dog with the pepper. A dye pack might be more useful. "Mark" the intruders so that they can be identified more easily.
    If you want it just as a noise maker, party poppers are cheap.

Booby traps are explicitly illegal in Texas.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Yeah.

Sure wish they weren't.

Wish I could get a couple claymores, too.

The way things have gone the last week though, it's prolly kill my best friend though. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Highly recommend that you get a dog that will tear up some home invaders whilst you shoot them.

CGCaneCorsoBruce.jpg

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    I'll loan you one of mine for 5 mos out of the year :-)

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I REALLY wish I could.

Anyone wanna Boxer-sit for 7 months out of the year? :-)

The picture I supplied is an Italian Mastiff Cane Corso. He would tear up a Boxer and is designed for maximum damage. I would in a heartbeat take care of your dog for that amount of time but you would have to deal with my wife. This means that after you pay for the dog, we raise it, train it, feed it, walk it and she becomes attached to it she will claim it to be hers even though you technically paid for it. Won't even matter that you present receipts since they are not valid in her world. Then she will consider that you are "borrowing" HER dog and she will require to visit the dog repeatedly. So much so I will have to come along just to drag all of her make up and clothes to a point where we will most likely just move in. Then we will become squatters eventually taking over your home and owning it.

In the end your dog and your home will become my wife's so please make sure to leave and extra set of keys and the remote where I can find it.

Thanks!

149232-dog-lovers-websitelandingpicturekat.jpg

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    that is one great looking dog^^^^^

The breed is very amazing and capable at the same time. They are true athletes of the dog world and excel in many arenas. They can run at break neck speeds, jump over 6ft., two massive weights, follow complex commands and be a loyal family pet all wrapped up in one. They have incredible senses and their hearing is second to none. Where they fail is with a weak and/or lazy owner or those intend on abusing them. If they don't have a serious line of structure and training these dogs can over rule a household in short order. OTOH they can be the most loving and gentle dogs on the planet but there is little gray area.

We have had our guy for five years and he has been perfect for us. I have trained him so he follows my lead and me around for most of the time but when the wife is home he is her dog. He'll lay next to her and will not budge until she does and there's no way to come between the two. They're great with kids but again to guard against any issues the owners must maintain a strong and healthy structure with this animal to keep all members of the family safe.

Our guy is a medium sized guy but we were not buying him for his size but rather for his health. Our breeder is one of the top Cane Corso breeders in the world and maintains a LONG history of award winning animals both in the show world and in training. She has also been the Education Administrator for the CCAA for decades so she knows here Cane Corso material. These dogs are not cheap so if you are interested in one they are an investment. They are awesome at home and personal protection without a doubt.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    One of my dogs is a pit bull. She'll definitely tell me if anyone (or anything) comes near, but if they toss her a tennis ball, she's their friend for life. :(

But then again, she has a different bark for when someone she knows is approaching vs a stranger.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    The picture I supplied is an Italian Mastiff Cane Corso. He would tear up a Boxer and is designed for maximum damage. I would in a heartbeat take care of your dog for that amount of time but you would have to deal with my wife. This means that after you pay for the dog, we raise it, train it, feed it, walk it and she becomes attached to it she will claim it to be hers even though you technically paid for it. Won't even matter that you present receipts since they are not valid in her world. Then she will consider that you are "borrowing" HER dog and she will require to visit the dog repeatedly. So much so I will have to come along just to drag all of her make up and clothes to a point where we will most likely just move in. Then we will become squatters eventually taking over your home and owning it.

In the end your dog and your home will become my wife's so please make sure to leave and extra set of keys and the remote where I can find it.

Thanks!

149232-dog-lovers-websitelandingpicturekat.jpg
    kill it with fire

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Not all of them.
    I'm just trying to help out some poor soul in the year 2021 who will come across this thread after google searching "Booby traps legal in Texas?"

Let me take the opportunity to dispel whatever vague, wink-wink notion you're trying establish regarding the law in this thread. :)

Any trap, device, noise maker, scary photograph pasted to a window, whoopie cushion, or guard goldfish left in a bowl above a doorway that is, "designed to cause, or known to create a substantial risk of causing, death or serious bodily injury." is illegal in the state of texas.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    One of my dogs is a pit bull. She'll definitely tell me if anyone (or anything) comes near, but if they toss her a tennis ball, she's their friend for life. :(

But then again, she has a different bark for when someone she knows is approaching vs a stranger.
    Big dogs are nicer and smarter when compared to toy (cat) dogs. They play and slobber and normally never hurt anyone because they know what they're capable of. A bitch ass weiner dog might only bite to draw blood because they don't understand.
    Disclaimer- my family used to breed bull dogs and they were cool. I pretty much hate dogs now because I see no upside of a dog in my life from now on.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Big dogs are nicer and smarter when compared to toy (cat) dogs. They play and slobber and normally never hurt anyone because they know what they're capable of. A bitch ass weiner dog might only bite to draw blood because they don't understand.
    Disclaimer- my family used to breed bull dogs and they were cool. I pretty much hate dogs now because I see no upside of a dog in my life from now on.

That is just sad...

Top Bottom