• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    How will this effect LTC holders who already have undergone the extensive background check?.... Sorry guys....this is probably not the only dumb question i will ask

Depends on what else is written into the Bill.....if Texas LTC will still suffice, then no change....but most gun owners don't have an LTC...........
    Target Sports

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    If I am not mistaken, this will take 60 votes to pass senate not 51.
    I believe 60 votes needed is only if they filibuster.....GOA telling people to contact Joe Manchin and tell him to stand firm on the filibuster. We'll see how much backbone Sen Manchin has shortly.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    This will effectively end gun shows.....no private sales and they will have 10 days to approve buyers for a background check....

I'd like to think the unintended consequence is 50% of the population gets an LTC to bypass, but that is not likely.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    It will be self enforced.

Just look at all the folks who think they need a BOS to protect themselves, when it is not even legally required. No way they are going to make an illegal sale, they probably think every buyer is an undercover Fed.
    Probably what all those extra 200 hundred atf agents are for

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If I am not mistaken, this will take 60 votes to pass senate not 51.

I think you are confusing with the votes need to close a filibuster vs pass a piece of legislation. See below.

Yeah......How does all that work......Open question for anybody

In the Senate, the bill is assigned to another committee and, if released, debated and voted on. Again, a simple majority (51 of 100) passes the bill.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The craziest part is very simple: Criminal don't buy guns with background checks. Basically, criminals don't obey laws. f'd up

Gun control laws, have nothing to do with criminal, other than to make law-abiding guns owners into criminals.

This is tyranny at it's best. Restrict or infringe upon our gun rights is just another step towards tyranny, and control of people, not guns.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Did you know there’s a provision in there that any state taking advantage of those funds can’t use any of it to offset tax revenue or all the funding will have to be repaid?
    I did NOT know that. Not quite sure what it means, either. I heard that Pelosi's district is getting $650M to cover a deficit. That's not what we are talking about with the provision, is it? I can't image that she would have any possible plan to pay that back. Does it mean "offset future tax revenues"?

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    The couple of Dem senators that could stop this Bill will likely not stand up for the 2nd Amendment. Why? HR1 is a likely pass taking all the pressure off of the purple state Democrats to vote against their party. If (when) HR1 passed and goes across brain dead Biden’s desk this country will become a one party dictatorship.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I did NOT know that. Not quite sure what it means, either. I heard that Pelosi's district is getting $650M to cover a deficit. That's not what we are talking about with the provision, is it? I can't image that she would have any possible plan to pay that back. Does it mean "offset future tax revenues"?

From WSJ, might be paywalled:

“But here’s the political gut punch. The bill explicitly bars states from cutting taxes. States “shall not use the funds,” the bill says, “to either directly or indirectly [our emphasis] offset a reduction in the net tax revenue” that results “from a change in law, regulation, or administrative interpretation during the covered period that reduces any tax (by providing for a reduction in a rate, a rebate, a deduction, a credit, or otherwise) or delays the imposition of any tax or tax increase.””

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    The couple of Dem senators that could stop this Bill will likely not stand up for the 2nd Amendment. Why? HR1 is a likely pass taking all the pressure off of the purple state Democrats to vote against their party. If (when) HR1 passed and goes across brain dead Biden’s desk this country will become a one party dictatorship.

With the Rep Party at 90% RINOS, it is already one party rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom