• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Gotta give it to the communists, they dont waste any time whatsoever in passing all the unAmerican shit they have wet dreams about.

+1

Dems get shit done, while Republicans talk it to death.

Kinda curious how we didnt pass any kind of legislation when we controlled all 3 back in 2017 :rolleyes:

That one is easy.

Many Republicans are just as much in favor of Gun Control as Democrats, they just dont want to be the ones to pass it. Hence they never even attempt to repeal anything the claimed to be against. Not even ObamaCare. I am sure dozens are secretly cheering on the passage of these bills, and tomorrow they will go out and claim it is anti-RKBA. Republicans are weak, and we haver nothing better. Once these bills pass, it is forever.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I think you are confusing with the votes need to close a filibuster vs pass a piece of legislation. See below.

In the Senate, the bill is assigned to another committee and, if released, debated and voted on. Again, a simple majority (51 of 100) passes the bill.

I’m trying to understand the language in certain parts of these bills. Are they saying if you’re flagged on the background check you have to wait 10 days and if no decision is returned by the FBI you have to petition the US Attorney General for resolution??

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    States dont get a vote.

This will pass easily, 8 Republicans voted for it in the House.
    Don't misunderstand... What do you mean "States don't get a vote."???? They for sure do but that wasn't where I was going. State Legislators can, and have, nullified Federal laws. Sanctuary Cities/counties/States. 2A Sanctuary cities/counties/States. Border control is supposed to be Fed. only but Texas seems to have different thoughts. When I mentioned the States getting involved I wasn't suggesting they vote it down at the Federal level. More along the lines of outright rejection, of bills they pass at the Federal level, on the State level.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I’m trying to understand the language in certain parts of these bills. Are they saying if you’re flagged on the background check you have to wait 10 days and if no decision is returned by the FBI you have to petition the US Attorney General for resolution??

That is what I read. Move from 3 days to 10, and default is DENIED as opposed to PROCEED.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Don't misunderstand... What do you mean "States don't get a vote."???? They for sure do but that wasn't where I was going. State Legislators can, and have, nullified Federal laws. Sanctuary Cities/counties/States. 2A Sanctuary cities/counties/States. Border control is supposed to be Fed. only but Texas seems to have different thoughts. When I mentioned the States getting involved I wasn't suggesting they vote it down at the Federal level. More along the lines of outright rejection, of bills they pass at the Federal level, on the State level.

Well Texas says a 2 shot burst is not a machine gun, but I do not see anyone making/selling 2 shot burst guns.

So I am going to guess there will be zero gun dealers not obeying these new laws.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Kind of hard for them to stop someone from selling their own property.

Except now their a risk of losing everything they have worked for over a 4473. Most of folks will take hard pass on that.

If these laws pass, it will not be business as usual. This site does not even let you quote a line in an article, doubt they will allow private listings. And even if they do, their ISP/host may tell them otherwise. This is no longer the country we grew up in.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Well Texas says a 2 shot burst is not a machine gun, but I do not see anyone making/selling 2 shot burst guns.

So I am going to guess there will be zero gun dealers not obeying these new laws.
    You could be right but... State marijuana laws seem to be doing just fine.

ETA: I'm not referring to some mealy mouth State law meant to circumvent a federal law. I'm suggesting a total outright rejection by the State(S). No, 1-2 States alone will not be successful. Joint effort for sure.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Except now their a risk of losing everything they have worked for over a 4473. Most of folks will take hard pass on that.

If these laws pass, it will not be business as usual. This site does not even let you quote a line in an article, doubt they will allow private listings. And even if they do, their ISP/host may tell them otherwise. This is no longer the country we grew up in.

People don't need the internet to sell things. We've been doing it for centuries before the internet existed.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Kind of hard for them to stop someone from selling their own property. The only people that will know of the sale are the people involved in the sale.

Exactly. I can think of a few very specific and possibly illegal ways the Feds could possibly (after a lot of trouble) pin you for an illegal transfer, but for the most part, they don't know with any certainty who owns what guns. If two people decide they want to do a private sale, and they can keep their mouths shut, there's not really shit the Feds can do about it. The law is unenforceable.

Even more so if the states tell the Feds to pound sand and deny them any assistance in enforcing these laws. The Feds don't have even remotely near the amount of manpower needed to enforce this law in a single, small state by themselves, let alone the entire US.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Exactly. I can think of a few very specific and possibly illegal ways the Feds could possibly (after a lot of trouble) pin you for an illegal transfer, but for the most part, they don't know with any certainty who owns what guns. If two people decide they want to do a private sale, and they can keep their mouths shut, there's not really shit the Feds can do about it. The law is unenforceable.

Yep!
    I sold a rifle stock. Oh shit, I forgot to take the barreled action out of it.

I sold a complete upper, and forgot to remove the lower. Dang!

I sold some badazz hand grips, but forgot to take them off the pistol.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Even more so if the states tell the Feds to pound sand and deny them any assistance in enforcing these laws. The Feds don't have even remotely near the amount of manpower needed to enforce this law in a single, small state by themselves, let alone the entire US.
    Even harder to enforce if pics and info on the agents enforcing it start getting posted on the Internet.....definitely an unintended consequence.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom