• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    We have a situation where a large number of gun owners are complacent about protecting their rights, a large number of Republican legislators only pay lip service to gun rights, and a large number of Democrats have been waiting over a decade to steamroll America on gun rights.

One school shooting and we are really phucked.

These two bills are nothing compared to what else is coming. By the end of the year we will be wishing this is all that got passed.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Our Founders, however, were extremely wary of federal power and thus created a number of checks and balances to counter it. One of them was the ability by the states to “nullify” federal laws and even Supreme Court decisions. As most conservatives know, nullification is when a State decides to not abide by a federal law, regulation or even a Federal court ruling by simply refusing to enforce it. This concept is rooted in the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which plainly states that if the states, who are the creators of the federal government, have not specifically given them authority, that authority rests with the states and the people of the state:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    Over the last 150 years or so, liberal legislators and judges have violated the Tenth Amendment by illegally expanding the scope and power of the federal government. We know that Federal power is limited because such powers were actually “enumerated” or listed in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution and include actions such as “To lay and collect taxes,” “coin money,” and “raise and support Armies.” The federal government was not given any role in education, health, welfare, transportation, energy, or even with maintaining secure borders. All those issues were left up to the states to decide. If our founders wanted to expand the federal government into every area of our life, they would not have specifically listed the very few powers they granted it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Our Founders, however, were extremely wary of federal power and thus created a number of checks and balances to counter it. One of them was the ability by the states to “nullify” federal laws and even Supreme Court decisions. As most conservatives know, nullification is when a State decides to not abide by a federal law, regulation or even a Federal court ruling by simply refusing to enforce it. This concept is rooted in the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which plainly states that if the states, who are the creators of the federal government, have not specifically given them authority, that authority rests with the states and the people of the state:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    Over the last 150 years or so, liberal legislators and judges have violated the Tenth Amendment by illegally expanding the scope and power of the federal government. We know that Federal power is limited because such powers were actually “enumerated” or listed in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution and include actions such as “To lay and collect taxes,” “coin money,” and “raise and support Armies.” The federal government was not given any role in education, health, welfare, transportation, energy, or even with maintaining secure borders. All those issues were left up to the states to decide. If our founders wanted to expand the federal government into every area of our life, they would not have specifically listed the very few powers they granted it.
    The Founders were wary of federal power and I am weary of federal power.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    States dont get a vote.

This will pass easily, 8 Republicans voted for it in the House.

States do get a vote, albeit somewhat removed. It’s the state’s people who elect the congresspersons, who are at least morally obliged obligated to follow the will of the people and keep true to their campaign rhetoric.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    The fillibuster goes we are *****d. Montana and West Virginia have to have the most stupid voters there are. I mean Tester is an obama lover all the way ( only thing worse than obama is an obama lover) and Manchin might just give enough like getting rid of it for that one voting "rigths" law. We are screwed.

Reactions: gll

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    coming for your guns.jpg

• Sad
    Reactions: gll

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    What kind of holster is available for it?

Actually it will fit in my shield holsters. But it is a tad wider so if I was to use them for it I believe the stretch would loosen them if I was to do so.

So currently I have a cheapo Uncle Mikes just to test carry it with.

I need to go custom holster shopping for it.
    a6f6c78a96cedff8e4a02884dd619316.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yeah I'm sure Republicans can't wait to "compromise" by letting them only infringe a little more instead of taking it all, and then patting themselves on the back for it.

A compromise would be conceding healthcare is a human right that should be provided for by the government, as long as every citizen is issued an M16 when they turn 18 and provided seven loaded 30rd magazines at regular intervals.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Well, well, well. More "laws for thee but not for me" crap today:

" POLITICO obtained copies of the Firearms Transaction Record and a receipt for the gun dated Oct. 12, 2018. "

Then post it.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So not only did Hunter lie on the form (felony), he was also in possession of the firearm while a prohibited person (felony). And one wonders how he passed NICS? His drug abuse is public knowledge.

Wait and see - Biden will get a pass and ATF/DOJ will go after the FFL for knowingly selling to a prohibited person.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    NEWS ALERT: Our dear leader is about to address the nation (1:15PM ET, scheduled). Newsmax says "he will take some tough questions". Yeah, I am expecting the likes of "what is your favorite flavor of ice cream?"

He'd have to check/circle back with piglosi on that first ...

Top Bottom