• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    She'll probably go Annie Oakley on me too.

I'm going to rent a .22 rifle for her - it'll be easier for her to handle safely and keep on the target. I think she'll enjoy that more than trying to keep hold of the .40 or the AR.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I want to go but my guns are at my dads and hes in one of his moods the last few months so its a huge ordeal to get MY guns...So I guess Im not going now

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I have an nice old Remington model 572 pump she could use as I haven't shot it in a long time and it need a work out if you want.
    I will probably will have a blue jacket on and a black leather range bag and I'am Dennis.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I have an nice old Remington model 572 pump she could use as I haven't shot it in a long time and it need a work out if you want.
    I will probably will have a blue jacket on and a black leather range bag and I'am Dennis.
    That would be great - thanks! The only 22 I have is an antique Remington Model 6, which shot just fine last I had it out but it's more of a museum piece now. I'll be easy to find - name's Greg, and I'll be wearing a blue flannel shirt.

getndirty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    NW Houston/Tomball
    Greg - I've got an Advantage Arms .22 conversion for my G17 that I've been itching to try...once I've run a few mags through it, she's more than welcome to shoot that all she wants.

Glockster - I've been out-fished, out-raced, out-shot and out-drank by women before...it's the 11 year old girl that would be an ego crusher! ha!

See ya'll there tomorrow morning.

-Al

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Proud papa has to brag...

jhx2cz.jpg

Special thanks to 308nato and getndirty for bringing something small for her to shoot. She took a little while to get comfortable with the rifle so we didn't get a chance to fire the pistol, but she did good and it was good father/daughter time. It was great meeting all y'all, and we should definitely get some range time together when the place isn't so busy.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Yes sir she did very good for the first time shooting one she had not shot before.
    You are very welcome and will do this again anytime.
    Had a good time today meeting everyone and definitely hit the range again when not so busy.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Yes sir she did very good for the first time shooting one she had not shot before.
    You are very welcome and will do this again anytime.
    Had a good time today meeting everyone and definitely hit the range again when not so busy.
    When her older sister gets home, I told Ashley to tell her that target was hit offhand at 100 yds.

getndirty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    NW Houston/Tomball
    Yep, SGA was definitely hopping with activity. We were able to get three lanes on the pistol side and one on the rifle side...note to self, show up earlier on Saturday.

Greg's daughter rocked that .22 like she'd been shooting for years...

...and I didn't do too bad either...

my target.jpg
    Look close to see the grouping!

Was good meeting everyone - next time we'll hit up American Shooting Center for some outdoor fun and longer distances.

Glockster - you suck for letting me shoot that carbine..been shopping for one since I got home. :banghead:

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Glockster - you suck for letting me shoot that carbine..been shopping for one since I got home. :banghead:
    I might be looking for a .22 rifle for the girls to share - Ashley saw that pink bolt-action rifle they had on the wall and got that look in her eyes... It'd be fun just to buy it and what looks I get.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I might be looking for a .22 rifle for the girls to share - Ashley saw that pink bolt-action rifle they had on the wall and got that look in her eyes... It'd be fun just to buy it and what looks I get.

nice. looks like you got her hooked. ill probably be in for the next shoot.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Yeah, now the older one is grumpy that she didn't get to go, so the oldest and I will probably go out to Hot Wells tomorrow. Not sure when, but it would probably be a little early. My Dad's .270 hasn't cleared its throat in a while, so I'll be bringing that, the AR, and get one more round of shooting out of the .40 before cleaning it.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Wimps, I'm just getting home. They got so tired of me they just locked me in and said see ya in the morning. I only brought 10K rds with me and had a pretty hefty bill for the ammo I took off the shelf overnight.

After lunch I went to Top Gun to get the guide rod for my G30, then back to SGA. Weeks earlier I bought a Vortex red dot from SGA for the carbine but hadn't mounted it. They helped with that and we found out the rings were to high to co-witness with the iron sights. After some discussion/bargaining, the Vortex was returned (receipt at home) and a Burris Fastfire ordered. They let me make a very good deal on it! I don't care if a business only gives me a $5 break, being flexible makes me a happy customer.

Greg_TX introduced me to SGA with this thread http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...uns/27715-finally-took-my-daughter-range.html. Between the morning and afternoon range sessions, the scope issues, and just doing what a single guy wants to, I was at SGA for 5-6 hours. I had one very minor incident with a staff member. Otherwise they are good people to do business with. Put another way, I drive 150 miles r/t, past two competitors each with a range, to spend money. I shared some of this with the owner and he was generous enough to give me some range passes - yes, plural - and no, not just two. I realize that gets me back in the door and doesn't cost them much but still, making a happy customer. Yup, they're going to have to do something pretty stupid for me to stop spending money there.

Just before I left I found an expanded Black Talon round in my bag and showed it to one of the guys. He showed it to the others and when I said keep it, that seems to have made his day.

When her older sister gets home, I told Ashley to tell her that target was hit offhand at 100 yds.
    You stepped out for a minute, she was shooting at 250yd, behind her back, but she still has just a little work to do cuz I had to hold the mirror. :cool: Good job Ashley. Hope you spend more of Dad's money in the future shooting.

Thanks for the upgrade, many say I suck even w/o the carbine. You're a tycoon and looking on the Kriss side of carbines, all I have is MY butt ugly $300 Hi-Point. You sir are no angel! Now I have to get a G17 @ $500 (I don't WANNA a nine) plus the .22 conversion @ $300. Seems you owe me! That was one sweet shootin' rig. Really enjoyed it.

Finally ... getndirty's explanation of the nickname coming from MX riding is a bold faced lie! That's prolly the cleanest attribute of the man!

Good to meet everyone, had a good time, look forward to the next one. BTW, SGA had many open lanes during the afternoon session. Just saying

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    is top gun and pasadena the only ranges that shoot automatics? im looking for a range that doesnt have a one second per shot rule. i would like to run some drills.

Top Bottom