• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I've been here one day and nearly avoided 4 collisions. 2 drivers honked at me after nearly smashing my vehicle, when it was their error. This is like driving in Miami.
    DK Firearms

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    lol, my favorite move i see all the time is the four lane change in one motion. second fave is the same 4 lane change but more direct towards an exit using a right angle direction change.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Get the hell out of my blind spot!
    That's why it's called a blind spot. Because I can't see you.
    But Seriously. Drive defensively and always have an exit strategy.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i think a lot of the people driving forget that if you miss an intermediate exit, theres another ahead of you to change your course and get back on track. instead they try to make last minute decisions to cut across all lanes and then take it or swerve back through all lanes again from where they started. it will be ok if you miss your exit, i promise, theres always somewhere to turn around. its not a one road country..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    We (I lived there most my life) have a different style of driving than other cities.

I've been here one day and nearly avoided 4 collisions.
    Unless your 4 accidents in one day all occurred with only one other driver, you're the common in the equation my friend. Just saying.

2 drivers honked at me after nearly smashing my vehicle, when it was their error.
    You misunderstood the horn. That means 'sorry MF, didn't mean to ALMOST end your life. See ya tomorrow'.

This is like driving in Miami.

Duh no ... never been there. Whose style is superior?

(seriously, there's a lot to do in H-town, have good time and be safe)

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    You want a driving adventure...take 59 going South from 610 through SugarLand... Your skills and nerves will be tested! And If you just wanna play bumper cars and wave at each other....never mind...i won't go there! Enjoy, be safe, and drive fast!

ArielT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Austin, TX
    You want a driving adventure...take 59 going South from 610 through SugarLand... Your skills and nerves will be tested! And If you just wanna play bumper cars and wave at each other....never mind...i won't go there! Enjoy, be safe, and drive fast!
    I dunno, I learned to drive in Houston, right along that part of 59 and, honestly, I don't remember it being particularly troubling. Has this become worse over the past ten years?

DBDawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Mont Belvieu, TX
    I dunno, I've lived in the Houston area all my life and I'd rather fight Houston traffic than drive through San Antonio. The exits aren't as clearly marked and I've seen more of those multi-lane changes in S.A. than in H-town. Sorry to the S.A. LEO's but traffic there sucks!

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Forgot about the horn. It's not a warning device to other drivers.
    It's a sound collision alarm for the passengers in the car.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    I am almost sure my vehicle has a "please cut in front of me no matter what" sign visible to most a$$hole drivers here.
    I just try not to get in too much of a hurry.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've been to a number of cities and Houston drivers don't even come close to being the worst. Philadelphia was designed to handle horses and buggies, not cars, and half the drivers are going in reverse trying to get into a parking space. Boston is completely insane and the drivers are more like kamikaze pilots than anything else. Kalifornia traffic is unbelievable and don't ever show weakness in New Jersey or they'll gang up and kill you. The worst is probably the Washington DC loop. It's like 10 lanes wide and I swear there are people driving perpendicular to the road. If you see a car with an Asian (India) woman driving, keep your distance and do lots of praying.

Houston traffic is tough, but the roads are laid out so that they are pretty easy to follow. Dallas has the same traffic, but whoever laid out the highways was taking a LOT of LSD. I've never been able to understand how so many highways can intersect in the same mile of road.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've been here one day and nearly avoided 4 collisions. 2 drivers honked at me after nearly smashing my vehicle, when it was their error. This is like driving in Miami.

Odd that you mention Miami, as that is where I am at the moment and it is amazing how bad people drive here!

I also think Houston has horrible drivers, they make San Antonio look tame in comparison!

Cheers! M2

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    I was thinking it sounds like SA drivers...or Dallas. An average day for me will be 200-250 miles and will include at least 3 near misses. Any less incidents and I count myself fortunate.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    We (I lived there most my life) have a different style of driving than other cities.

Unless your 4 accidents in one day all occurred with only one other driver, you're the common in the equation my friend. Just saying.
    "Narrowly avoided" might be better for you.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I hate driving in Houston. For 1 everybody is going 15-20mph over the speed limit (in the right lanes). 2) No one uses a turn signal, nor looks when changing lanes. 3) The exits are crazy.

But San Antonio is a VERY close second. People here in SA don't know how to merge AT ALL! They think a damn Yeild sign is a STOP sign.(Think I-10 and 1604 by the Rim) The only time they merge is if there is 2 semi's w/ trailers gape between cars. Its really not that hard to match speed and get in there without and cause.

Texpacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Central Texas
    I lived in Houston, Clear Lake, and Alief for 30 years, so I know about the traffic and traumas of the Houston/Harris County area. I also lived and worked in San Antonio. I'll take Houston. If you really want bad traffic, go to Hong Kong, or Beijing, or even worse try Calcutta or Dakar, Bangladesh with 8 lanes of traffic on a four lane road.

You have to remember the bell curve, so 50% of the people have lower IQ's and some smart folks have no common sense, but they get licenses anyway. Then a goodly number of folks don't bother with driver's license.

Top Bottom