• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Houston traffic is tough, but the roads are laid out so that they are pretty easy to follow. Dallas has the same traffic, but whoever laid out the highways was taking a LOT of LSD. I've never been able to understand how so many highways can intersect in the same mile of road.

So true
    Capitol Armory ad

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I have to jump in here and exclaim that I also do not like Houston drivers(though not the worst driving experience I've ever had). What kills me about Houston drivers is the people who STOP in the middle of the highway/road. Its like they will stop on a 6 lane highway and debate whether they should exit, or a guy in a Jag just stopped in front of me the other day in the middle of Westheimer to answer a call on his phone. In the 3 years I've lived in Houston, I feel like I've aged 15.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    or a guy in a Jag just stopped in front of me the other day in the middle of Westheimer to answer a call on his phone.

You should know there are no traffic rules on Westheimer or Richmond Ave.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The squalor of certain parts of the city, coupled with the crazy driving, and built-up infrastructure, made me feel like I was back in NY.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Austin drivers are horrible for people who don't frequently drive there. I'm there every day, so I have figured out their idiot patterns. Traffic seems smooth to me now.

The same probably goes for Houston.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    1) Stay off the West 610 loop from 2:30 pm till about 8:00 pm
    2) 59 North, and South out of downtown after 3:00 pm just shoot yourself
    3) 45 either direction near Downtown in the am rush hour - cut your throat
    4) 45 North during pm rush hour, find a bar and chill out
    5) Washington Ave. after dark -- the party's ON!!!!

I love Houston, but the traffic will test you.

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    • 08-16-2011 06:34 PM
      Bithabus
      Re: Houston drivers
      The squalor of certain parts of the city, coupled with the crazy driving, and built-up infrastructure, made me feel like I was back in NY.​

Now I have to question this one. Where else in the world can you get Road Raged and smell a Cow Pie at the same time?

In NYC you have the smell of dog pies and human pies that is unless you are in China town and then its just human pies.

Radioman

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    So was your visit good, bad, or other?
    It was great.
    After a week of driving in Miami, I can tell you that nobody, and I do mean nobody, drives as bad as these fools!
    +1 Glad you're back in one piece.

Now I have to question this one. Where else in the world can you get Road Raged and smell a Cow Pie at the same time?

In NYC you have the smell of dog pies and human pies that is unless you are in China town and then its just human pies.

Radioman
    Lol. NYC Chinatown is awesome though.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    hah, try driving on hillcroft at night. So many huge potholes and uneven road levels that my car can and will bottom out on, thin lanes, and illegals with no insurance.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Drivers in Houston are narcissistic, nasty, hypocritical and stupid. They feel they're never wrong in their driving and have ZERO regard for other people around them. You'd swear you were in France. I drive around for a living and I can't count the number of times I've had altercations with Houston drivers. I've only been a position in law enforcement where I need to drive for about five months now and I've already had one wreck because of their stupidity.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Drivers in Houston are narcissistic, nasty, hypocritical and stupid. They feel they're never wrong in their driving and have ZERO regard for other people around them. You'd swear you were in France. I drive around for a living and I can't count the number of times I've had altercations with Houston drivers. I've only been a position in law enforcement where I need to drive for about five months now and I've already had one wreck because of their stupidity.

But you're a cop, when you drive by it disrupts the normal flow of traffic, and then everyone shifts from their relaxed, correct driving to a more uptight "careful" way in which they pay more attention to their speedometers than where they are going. I'm talking out of my ass right now

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    But you're a cop, when you drive by it disrupts the normal flow of traffic, and then everyone shifts from their relaxed, correct driving to a more uptight "careful" way in which they pay more attention to their speedometers than where they are going. I'm talking out of my ass right now

I'm in an unmarked. Nice try ;)

Top Bottom