• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Since you've got all the damn answers, every time, what would you do?

I don't see how fighting my way out of a bad situation is so wrong.

Ignore the fucking idiot. He doesn't know what he would do. He would be a smart ass with them, then get shot in the face for it. Or just shit his pants and cower in fear.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    It seems to me some seem to think shit in real life works like it does on TV.

I already gave you a huge indication of what I would do. Unassing from a vehicle that is blocked in is a better idea than trying to smash your car out of the block. You can move faster on foot than your car can move when blocked. Cars provide little cover at all, and practically zero from the driver's seat.

And the idea that the drive through is any safer than walking in is arguable. Crime happens to people in vehicles. We just had a thread about the dude shot in his car and killed while leaving a shopping mall with his wife.

Most of this is incident specific dynamic. Because of that, trying to decide what to do while sitting on our couches is often academic. I realize that most of us cannot afford the money or time to invest to properly train for these types of encounters. That is why talking about them is a good idea. Don't have ONE idea as to what to do. Have a plan A and plan B, and then an "aww hell plan". Remember the OODA loop, 3/4 second reaction time. Once a bad guy starts his act, by the time you recognize it, or observe it (the first "O" in the OODA loop) you are are behind the curve. Getting back inside his loop will be difficult.

I guess my issue is people who think they can take on 6 armed men, even if they come in one at a time through the door. I believe TV and movies have conditioned people to think they can do things that don't work in real life. Have you (you meant generically) tried to move another vehicle that is in park or with the drivers foot on the brake with your vehicle from a standstill? Have you shot into or out of a vehicle? Do you KNOW how bullets really act through vehicles?

Did you know that it takes several seconds to work through the OODA loop when caught by surprise? Even from condition yellow getting to "Act" can take several seconds. Not fractions of a second. If you are standing in line ordering your Big Mac and these armed men come rushing in, you will not have the presence of mind to immediately conduct a Hondo roll, draw mid roll and begin firing, hitting each with one stopping shot before the others can react. You will, more likely, turn in shock while your mind tries to sort out what is happening. (orient) Then once your brain realizes "holy crap this is really a robbery" then you have to decide on a course of action. All of that takes time.

That said, if forced to then fight. If shooting starts in such a situation I am prepared to defend myself. What is the saying, "you might find me dead in a ditch but it will be in a pile of brass" ? I think that is close.........

I know a SWAT cop who has been trained by the best national trainers in the states. He was part of the Department of State Anti Terrorism Assistance program, being assigned to numerous countries training their people in Anti terrorism. Hell hole countries. D has been under fire. I have seen this guy shoot, seen him move. He is good.

One night after work he ventured into his local Waffle House for breakfast. He was alone and armed, in plain clothes. 3 armed guys came in and robbed the place. This well trained, seasoned professional knew his odds were poor inside the store. He began to make strong mental notes of the incident. He observed the demeanor of the suspects. He decided to wait. Had they started shooting he was 100% prepared to engage. But these guys seemed scared and nervous to him. He was worried if he engaged first they would panic fire, possibly shooting others in the place. D waiting until they left and gave pursuit. He apprehended one, responding units caught one and number three got away that night.

His reactions to that are a strong indicator for ME. How about y'all?

I don't mean to belittle anyone. I just think many of us have a glamorous idea of what these incidents are like. Sorry if I offended.

I've been in these kind of situations. You will be surprised how fast you can react. Don't listen to this crap, you have to react fast and decisively to save your life. Either fight or flight, as they say. The stupidest thing you could ever do is stick around and wait to see if or when shots are fired, unless you are far enough away. GTFO as fast as humanly possible. That first shot could be your life. I'm sure that swat officer is very experienced and a real badass, but his advice means shit unless you are gearing up with a team and raiding homes. Badass officers and special forces dudes can and have been killed in the hood too. But don't take it from me, I don't work for a police department or Homeland Security.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Ignore the $#@!ing idiot. He doesn't know what he would do. He would be a smart ass with them, then get shot in the face for it. Or just shit his pants and cower in fear.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

If you are referring to me, you should first, read my response. I have faced these types. I have had someone try to kill me. Have YOU faced it?

Easy to talk from the comfort of your couch.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've been in these kind of situations. You will be surprised how fast you can react. Don't listen to this crap, you have to react fast and decisively to save your life. Either fight or flight, as they say. The stupidest thing you could ever do is stick around and wait to see if or when shots are fired, unless you are far enough away. GTFO as fast as humanly possible. That first shot could be your life. I'm sure that swat officer is very experienced and a real badass, but his advice means shit unless you are gearing up with a team and raiding homes. Badass officers and special forces dudes can and have been killed in the hood too. But don't take it from me, I don't work for a police department or Homeland Security.

I would love to hear about some of your experiences.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

I take it you have experience? I'd love to read about it.

You have an agenda against cops, so you will attack anything that supports them or that disagrees with what you think. That's cool. Everyone needs a fantasy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm sure nothing compared to you master.

I would still like to hear about them. After all, it seems you have gained a great deal of insight from them, it would be selfish not to share them so that the rest of us can operate with the same impressive velocity and high ballistic coefficient as yourself.

Top Bottom