• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    OK everything is sorted out. AMSS store hours are Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. You can call in and give your CC information or just go to the store and handle it in person. Just reference TGT (Texas Gun Talk) when ordering. We need to set a cutoff date for this group buy. I was thinking Wednesday of next week. 3/16/11 Let me know what you think. If we get everyone in sooner we can close it sooner. Remember we need at least 10 lowers ordered. I will keep up with the names and unit numbers so we can meet our goal of 10. Thanks for everyone's Patience.

AMSS Contact info here

Thanks again,
    Bill
    DK Firearms

justincasepete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Atascocita/Kingwood
    Thanks for setting it all up. It seems like a lot of work on your part to save $20. I'm sure everyone appreciates it. I'll call tomorrow and pay for my 2. Have you got the final price with tax and shipping for each? just curious... Also you did say there were'nt any additional ffl fees right?

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    There are no FFL fees. My guess is the cost will be around 110 to 120 per unit out the door with shipping and tax. It really hasn't been much work at all. I just called around to a couple of places and asked. AMSS will be doing all of the work. I just made a couple of phone calls.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I just ordered my lower. The total will be $113.66 for one. That is tax and AMSS has waved the shipping and FFL fee. Here are the some guidelines requested by AMSS in regards to this group purchase. The start date is today and we can close it as early as we desire if we choose so.

We are happy to put a special order deal together for and your forum members.
    To ensure the highest level of customer service we have the following
    guidelines:

1) Ordering will open Friday the 11th of March and close one week later on
    Friday the 18th of March at 7:00pm.
    2) Participants can call into the store @ 832-237-2666 from 10:00am to 7:00pm
    Monday through Saturday to provide credit card information or they can stop by
    the store in person.
    3) Each participant must provide an email address and phone number when
    ordering.
    4) Product will be ordered on Monday. Product arrival notices will be sent via
    email to the addresses provided.
    5) Product must be picked up at our retail store location within 7 business
    days, no FFL transfers or shipping.
    6) No refunds or credits will be given, all warranty claims are with the
    manufacturer directly.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I checked in with AMSS around noon today and at this time only 8 or 9 have been ordered. So we are still 1 or 2 short of the ten lowers needed for the 105 discount.

I will get a better list of who has ordered tonight.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I will take 1 - I will swing by AMSS this week and pay for it.

Name: Shawn
    Nick: 30+GSXR
    Qty: 1

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I rarely get to Houston, but am in San Antonio, Austin and Dallas somewhat frequently. Any chance of a group buy at these prices in one of those areas? Houstin is about a 4 hour drive and the gas there and back would elevate the cost to where it would be the same or more than shipping to FFL, I would think.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    scgstuff,

I just called around and set this up. I am sure most FFL's would work with you on setting up a group buy. It is good exposure for their shop plus it up their numbers. Just make sure you get the rules etc setup before you start. You can always start a thread and gauge interest in your area. Good Luck.

Doubled,
    It would be cheaper to just order direct and have it shipped to your FFL holder.

ESinclair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Houston, TX
    OK, So who wants to negotiate a super good deal on uppers? I'm thinking super light weight to go with my super light weight lower. - Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    good deal on uppers? check out www.jsesurplus.com best prices i could find.

They had a special last month which was $350 for a complete upper with a 16 inch M4 bbl. I think now that the special ended it is back to $375. Still a great deal. Bulldog bbl with a milspec bolt assembly and some basic handguards, flat top. I paid $5 extra and got a gas block with 4 rails all the way around it.

Delton has good prices too on complete uppers, but JSE was the cheapest I found. At those prices no deal on bulk buy, I asked.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    So far I was told that 16 have been ordered. So we are well past the 10 requirement. I am up for a upper group buy. Not sure if we could work one out or not. It doesn't hurt to try.

ESinclair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Houston, TX
    scgstuff,

...... It is good exposure for their shop plus it up their numbers.......

No joke, I went, spent more on accessories than I did the lower, came back with a friend, he bought a lower, accessories, and a whole new gun. It's great exposure for the store. If you can't find a dealer in your area to work with you, show them this forum and, if they still wont work with you, find a different place to shop.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I have contacted JSE about a group buy. We will see what shakes out. They have been responsive. I will post more when I get something solid.

Top Bottom