• ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Interesting 1st post. Reminds me of a joke:
    This kid was 5 years old but just never had spoken. Then one day he spits his food out and says 'this tastes like shit!' The parents are obviously shocked by the language but more so by the fact he can talk. 'Oh my darling boy, you can speak' the mother says, 'what happened? why haven't you spoken before?' And the boy says, 'up until now everything's been ok'.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    This kid was 5 years old but just never had spoken. Then one day he spits his food out and says 'this tastes like shit!' The parents are obviously shocked by the language but more so by the fact he can talk. 'Oh my darling boy, you can speak' the mother says, 'what happened? why haven't you spoken before?' And the boy says, 'up until now everything's been ok'.
    ? Who ya talk'in 'bout?

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Wouldn't it be something if they went to the wrong house....
    I wont say it's not possible, but a lot goes into planning the execution of one of these warrants.

Either the case agent or CI will have made several buys at the location.

Before you hit the house, typically you're gonna do a few drive bys, possibly diagram the house based on the exterior views and maybe what your CI tells you. That way you'll know ahead of time of the have cameras, dogs or fortifications you have to deal with on entry. Normally if its fortified and an explosive breach is needed SWAT will run the warrant.

Once you have that take care of that, you write your tactical plan. This is plan covers how the whole operation will go down and it's on paper and usually tac plans have to be reviewed by a supervisor. Everyone that will participate in the OP must be at the briefing where you go over the tac plan.

My point is that it's a pretty redundant process. If they hit the wrong house, a lot of things went wrong prior to them serving the warrant.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Has happened in other places.
    Of course anything can and will happen. That's a given. The point I was trying to make is that not every agency trains the same or has the same way of executing these warrants.

Making multiple controlled buys, driving the location, pulling the property records, checking online mapping sources, diagramming the house, writing a tac plan, having a supervisor review and approve the tac plan, briefing everyone that participates with photos, diagrams, and tac plan, all works to prevent hitting the wrong house. Not every agency goes through that process.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Whose first post are you talking about?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    But I can still talk about it, can't I?

90d.jpg

Attachments

• 90d.jpg
      90d.jpg
      42 KB · Views: 384

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The affidavit details the grounds for the warrant: the statements of a CI and a single buy made by that CI while under HPD observation.

That's enough to get a no-knock warrant? Interesting...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom