• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...your dislike of the chief is clouding your judgment of a justified warrant service...

Let’s go back to my first post in this conversation, post 5:

Dupe.

Seems to be fluid situation still. Give ‘me some time to sort it all out.

But, some people need killing. And it ain’t the cops.

As more information has been released, it has prompted several good questions. One of which is why did four experienced LEOs get shot despite the department having an overall excellent track record performing these kinds of operations.

Shit happens, I get it. But if the only position is to stand behind the blue line and vehemently defend it, I’ll pass.

Right now, the expectation is that a department can take six months to conduct the investigation of an officer involved shooting and then deliver this kind of weak sauce, followed by “ongoing investigation”.

https://www.ksat.com/news/sapd-offi...n-strip-club-shootout-that-left-man-paralyzed

In a public trust position, you’ve gotta have high standards, ruthless integrity, swift discipline, and significant transparency to keep the faith of the public.

Sorry if you don’t agree with my position.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Let’s go back to my first post in this conversation, post 5:

As more information has been released, it has prompted several good questions. One of which is why did four experienced LEOs get shot despite the department having an overall excellent track record performing these kinds of operations.

Shit happens, I get it. But if the only position is to stand behind the blue line and vehemently defend it, I’ll pass.

Right now, the expectation is that a department can take six months to conduct the investigation of an officer involved shooting and then deliver this kind of weak sauce, followed by “ongoing investigation”.

https://www.ksat.com/news/sapd-offi...n-strip-club-shootout-that-left-man-paralyzed

In a public trust position, you’ve gotta have high standards, ruthless integrity, swift discipline, and significant transparency to keep the faith of the public.

Sorry if you don’t agree with my position.

No, I don't think you do get it. Chit happens, that is why 4 officers got shot. From the stats quoted, that is actually pretty damn good. No LEO is standing behind the blue line, rather we have tried to splain how it most likely went down and been met with derision.
    Again, tell me how HPD is not being transparent in this investigation. I agree that LE should have high standards and integrity but where have these officers failed at that and who are you to insinuate they have?
    Again, You muddy the waters from what we are talking about to some other OIS in another city.
    That's like me saying the Air Force pilots should not have done that because the Navy pilots do it this way.
    I don't agree with your position but what is really galling is that again so many come and post about a LE call and deride the LEOs and talk about more bad apples and how they f'ked up when those saying it have 0 experience doing it and it is days into the investigation.
    We disagree and I am open to others saying I am incorrect as long as they can logically justify it but I sure as hell have not seen it yet in this thread.
    Lastly, I was quoting your post #5. Your position seems to have changed from #5 and your latter posts. Why is that?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Damnit andre3k, stop making sense. You are totally ruining this thread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I'm a Law-and-Order guy, but I can't stand bad cops, and HPD doesn't have the best track record. I'm a 40-something Native Houstonian, I know grease doesn't float, I remember HPD covering for drunken DEA agents that shot up a strip club years ago, etc. It wouldn't be the first time HPD showed their ass, won't be the last either.

Eli

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Huh, from what I read they busted the door, the dog attacked and was shot, THEN the guy come from the back of the house with a gun????
    That is what I read also. Maybe he thought it was a home invasion. I probably would.
    I am guessing the whole thing, from breaking the door down to the end of shooting was maybe 60 seconds?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I will just leave these here.
    I can't put any stock in the notion of a location mixup based on this.

The affidavit to get the warrant was specific about a small, one story house, tan in color, with white trim. That matches where the shooting occurred. The alternate location in the second video is large, the wrong color and two stories.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I can't put any stock in the notion of a location mixup based on this.

The affidavit to get the warrant was specific about a small, one story house, tan in color, with white trim. That matches where the shooting occurred. The alternate location in the second video is large, the wrong color and two stories.
    But it’s hardened and has surveillance cameras.

It has been said that the shooter was legally blind. Pretty impressive shooting if accurate. Of course , bullet holes through the wall of the home in the first video may explain how four officers were wounded by gunfire.

Top Bottom