The Woodlands
    Edit post to add time:

Saturday May 19th
    8:00 a.m. until everyone passes out from the heat or runs out of ammo
    American Shooting Centers
    16500 Westheimer Parkway
    Houston, TX 77082
    Phone: (281) 556-8199

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/houston/34018-5-19-houston-range-day-sign-up-only.html

Original Post:
    Ok, let's make it happen for real this time. I have already asked a few local members and we have a few of us who can go Sat 19th or Sun the 20th. Which date does everyone prefer and any range suggestions? Hot Wells was suggested during our last attempt and I am still curious to try that place. Anyone know if we could reserve a few lanes there(or at any other range) so we don't to have to fight the masses? I am happy to organize and spearhead this event. Let's get some input from everyone for the next few days, then I am going to call the date/time/location and then stick to it. Everyone chime in with thoughts and what guns they are bringing. I will be bringing my 1911, 10.5" 556 SBR, and (if I pick it up and have ammo in time) my new 12.5" SBR in 308(bring pain pills and cry towell).

Thoughts: It may be best to find a place that charges by the person OR gun(like Hot Wells), but not the person AND gun(like ASC). Also please suggest somewhere that is NFA friendly(allows suppressors and SBRs).

My suggestion: Saturday May 19th 9:00 a.m. Hot Wells Shooting Range. Start with brief safety meeting, shoot all morning. Possibly lunch afterwards. Discuss.

Disclaimer: This is my 1st public shoot I've tried to organize, so feel free to drop any suggestions. All I ask, is that everyone who plans on attending this event be aware of and practice gun safety.
    Lynx Defense

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    I certainly think something better than Hot Wells can be done. I literally live 5 minutes from them and still drive to the other side of town to shoot. But I would be down for a group shoot either way.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    So where do you shoot Aaron and does it meet Scott's criteria?

As long as it can contain my BB gun, I'm good

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I am open to suggestions... Let's be realistic though. While rapid fire and shooting on the move are a blast, I'm not sure it's the best option for our first meet up. I see this as more of an opportunity to meet up, fellowship, see each other's guns, shoot guns I don't get to shoot everyday, and relax. Then if we all feel like a bunch of bad asses we can plan something more adventurous the next time. No reason this has to be a one time event, unless Glockster69 shoots himself by accident (subsequent meetups after his death will be called "memorial services" instead of "range days"- semantics).

As for Hot Wells, i know nothing about it other than a few locals have spoke highly of it.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    No reason this has to be a one time event, unless Glockster69 shoots himself by accident (subsequent meetups after his death will be called "memorial services" instead of "range days"- semantics).
    Some people just know how to make another person feel special

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    If you guys would like I'll check into hosting you in Orange at the Orange Gun Club. Thoughts? I know the range fees would be very reasonable.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Id go if it wasnt for all the money Ive had to spend this month, and my job screwing me...Wish I could go maybe I can catch the next one

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    If you guys would like I'll check into hosting you in Orange at the Orange Gun Club. Thoughts? I know the range fees would be very reasonable.

Thanks for the offer Jon, but I think we should stay in a little closer for our first one. Like I said, I envision several of these once we get going. So maybe a later date in Orange would be in the cards.

Come on out, plenty of guns to shoot and I'll pick up the price of your admission with all the .22lr you want to shoot.

That's an awesome attitude Matefrio. Plus if we go to Hot Wells, I think they only charge by the gun Mike(so you can definitely come and shoot other's blasters).

Well I'm off to Bastrop in a little bit to meet my NFA dealer and pick up my new SBR!!! Yippe!!!

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    By all means, not trying to steer ya'll from Houston, just putting an offer out there for future meets. I think I can get the fees at about $5 a person if y'all think it's worth your while.
    Thanks for the offer Jon, but I think we should stay in a little closer for our first one. Like I said, I envision several of these once we get going. So maybe a later date in Orange would be in the cards.

That's an awesome attitude Matefrio. Plus if we go to Hot Wells, I think they only charge by the gun Mike(so you can definitely come and shoot other's blasters).

Well I'm off to Bastrop in a little bit to meet my NFA dealer and pick up my new SBR!!! Yippe!!!

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Come on out, plenty of guns to shoot and I'll pick up the price of your admission with all the .22lr you want to shoot.
    I appreciate it man, but If I go Ill pick up my tab, and ill bring my AK. Ill just pinch pennies and see what happens.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I'm definitely going to try and be there, as i messaged you that I requested days off from work.

I might be bringing the AR, Mosin, and 1911.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I like ASC, but them charging per shooter AND gun can make this expensive. Unless they are willing to give a group discount. Does anyone know a range that will reserve us a couple of lanes?

leftyonly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Tomball
    May try:

Pasadena Gun Center, 206 Shaw Ave, Pasadena, TX 77506

Not close to me, but we went there with a group of five last weekend. Very nice guy running the place. Charges by the person.

It is kind of a surreal place, very post-apocalyptic atmosphere. It is in a 40's style theater and has been a gun range since the 70's. Not in the greatest part of town, but I would feel pretty safe there with a bunch of well-armed forum members around....

It has 14 lanes at 25 yards and allows ANY rifle/pistol, but no shottys. Some dude even rented the full auto Tommy Gun from behind the counter while we were there. The range itself is a bit cramped, so the claustrophobic need not apply.

Top Bottom