• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Maybe we should just rely on the Darwin theory! I personally am extremely careful of anything around a loaded weapon (even with the safety on) and don't let things "snag". That's just me. You can't fix stupid! I see what you're saying but I don't consider it begging for a negligent discharge. People have even carried revolvers in their pockets without a trigger guard! (can't call the name of them right now............something like "Fitzs Specials?).
    Military Camp

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    How so? Not to be argumentative but I don't understand why that would be significantly different than most other rifles/carbines?

There is the matter of the 11 lb trigger pull.... You are not likely accidentally pull it. Trust me you will learn to love the "knuckle" guard.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    There is the matter of the 11 lb trigger pull.... You are not likely accidentally pull it. Trust me you will learn to love the "knuckle" guard.

Yeah, but isn't customizing the trigger pull one of the first things guys love to do with their new modern sporting rifles?

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Yeah, but isn't customizing the trigger pull one of the first things guys love to do with their new modern sporting rifles?

The rifle is equipped with a safety. You just have to use it to mitigate those "dangerous" situations....

The trigger was designed to have an extremely heavy pull to insure that under the most challenging conditions it would always reset. Interestingly unlike most bullpups, the trigger linkage is in tension not compression. This keeps the linkage from deforming under compression.

rt-texas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    carrollton
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by rt-texas
    I've had a black 16" for about 2 months. Absolutely love it and would do it again in a heart beat.

Trigger doesn't bother me. I removed the spring and did a little polishing and it's fine. Very clean and crisp break. Overall weight maybe is a little heavier than most AR's but it fits into the body so well for me.

I rented one in Dallas to try before I purchased...didn't just blindly order. It was actually the first bullpup I ever shot. I can't compare to the Aug, have never handled one.

Can I justify the $2000 price tag for a toy, probably not. So I sold my Windham to my accountant for $700, so I only had to justify $1300 to my wife.

If you get the opportunity, try one. I'm happy I did.

You go dude!!

:roflsmile:

O.K. didn't notice when I typed it obviously. Doh! :facepalm:

Last edited:

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Actually, I heard (from the internet, so it must be true) that Geissle is putting out a trigger for the Tavor. :) Someday.

dizbukhapeter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Have had my Tavor since July, bought it used off somebody who couldnt live with it for 1700. Was originally going to buy an AUG but ran into this deal first.

So far I havent shot any of my other rifles. Ive gotten used to the trigger and the rifle is very comfortable to shoulder. The weight is concentrated towards the rear which lets your shoulder support it instead of your arms and its very quick pointing. Mag changes are almost as quick as an AR if you bump the mag release with your wrist and the bolt release is conveniently placed.

I really dont see anything snagging on the trigger. The knuckle guard is an inch wide and the trigger is recessed deep under the rifle.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I really dont see anything snagging on the trigger. The knuckle guard is an inch wide and the trigger is recessed deep under the rifle.

Now that I'm noticing, I'm seeing varous other bullpups with an exposed trigger inside a knuckle-guard instead of a traditional trigger guard. Odd that I only really noticed on the Tavor.

Still makes me a bit leery, but maybe it's just me.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Man, I was thinking about picking up a Tavor but I'm starting to see the US produced AUGs becoming more available again. Tavor vs. AUG... dunno... Does anyone have both already?

markfh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Houston
    Man, I was thinking about picking up a Tavor but I'm starting to see the US produced AUGs becoming more available again. Tavor vs. AUG... dunno... Does anyone have both already?

I have both and I have to agree the AUG "feels" better but the Tavor does handle and shoot very good. As to cleaning, the AUG is easier to clean in some respects but if you fail to keep the gas valve, which is very small, clean all the time it can and will freeze up due to the accumulation of carbon. I shot over 1.5k rounds in two days at a Tac rifle course, didn't clean the valve, and had a tough time getting the out.
    I now clean the valve much more often.

I say get them both. I have 5 bullpups and I like them all.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    So I finally took the Tavor out today and I must say, it shoots alright. Now that I've shot both, I have to say the AUG is better. I think the AUG handles better and feels more ergonomic. The Tavor's not a bad gun though and I did like the built in flip up sights.

1383080_10101360534250626_861241549_n.jpg

Top Bottom