• Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I would like to see iTrader added for use in the classifieds:

iTrader v2.0.1 - vBulletin.org Forum

This enhancement is used over on Calguns.net and as a semi-frequent buyer/seller over there (when I was in CA :) ) it was an extremely useful tool to help me make decisions about the people I was dealing with. I have purchased 2 firearms from members of this forum and would love to leave them A++ iTrader feedback so that other people they deal with know I had a great experience and think they're good guys.

I can get that up tonight when I update vBulletin.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    How about installing Tapatalk on the forum? I think its free and it is an app for mobile phones that allows you to access the board from an iphone, blackberry, android, etc. I use it for one of the jeep forums I hang out on and its easy to get to threads, post, PM, etc.

I'll look into that. That'd certainly be useful for me also.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    How about an ANNUAL TEXAS GUN TALK SHOOTING DAY COMPETITION?? id drive anywhere for it. and the members could put a face and personality with the other members. good times to be had for all. and im sure most here would donate whatever resources they could as i would.

We can certainly look into that.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    In the cities and towns section, there are many now useless threads about upcomming shoots that are now long past, yet still remain on the first page. How about deleting them to clean up the sections a little.

In the handgun section, how about sub sections for 1911's, glocks, BHPs, HKs, etc. so we don't have to wade through the stuff we aren't interested in. Still keep a general handgun section too.

All in all I think you guys do a great job.

OK, the major cities (SA, Houston, Austin, and DFW) now only show threads that are newer than a month old. You can change your settings to show older threads if you so choose, but this should automatically "delete" the old threads from view.

I'll work on making some sub-sections, I don't want to fragment the site out too much, but I think we can separate it out some.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Minor suggestion if possible.

Have the forum mark everything as read when I leave the page. I constantly forget to hit the "mark as read" button so I lose track of what is read and not read.

Rest is fine. No complaints or suggestions.

That sounds like a cookie issue. Some users are going to have issues with that due to their settings.

hard shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    bertram
    i siad it it before this pos need to go away the the fbi cia all the others have been targeting these type of groups for threats on the pos all disrepects intindent freedom of speech is gone hilary and the rest of the cronies have gone as far as to get this pos to sign a bill over to the un to ban the guns that is owned by the u.s. citizens, people didnt believe me when i said that he would by pass the senate for health care then he did this idiot is bringing about the end of u.s. some believe that has already happened you can publish this or erase it dont care erase my posting erase that everthing that i wrote ...will not type into this site or any other site or any site like this

thank you HARD SHOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Layout1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sorry have not been here for awhile and not sure if you do this already but I personnally would like to see links to very very basic pistol shooting. Proper way to hold the weapon, safety, clearing the gun, etc.

You see I keep trying to figure out the best place for me and for my left hand as I keep moving it I will never improve.

Regards and thanks for all you folks do
    Dave T

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sorry have not been here for awhile and not sure if you do this already but I personnally would like to see links to very very basic pistol shooting. Proper way to hold the weapon, safety, clearing the gun, etc.

You see I keep trying to figure out the best place for me and for my left hand as I keep moving it I will never improve.

Regards and thanks for all you folks do
    Dave T

That's planned, we are getting a video camera setup soon.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    1.) If it were your forum, what would you change?
    I'd weed out the older threads. Many times I get into reading a thread only to find it's an oldie and it wouldn't be a good idea to bump it.

A sticky on each thread describing how to use the "spell check" would help. A red line under your word means that you screwed up! As a retired teacher, I have a real hard time with the spelling.

2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-to's, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum?
    I live alone, have no family and my lady works 4 on/4 off and gone so sometimes it's pretty isolating. I have lots of friends but don't see them every day. It's just so nice to hook up on the forum, share some funny stories or argue about something in a good natured way. When I need a little company.....here you are!

I've been shooting rifles, pistols, shotguns and reloading non stop since the early 60's so there's not a heck of a lot of new things to see. Actually, many of the "new" ideas are old ideas recycled. Once in a while I can assist someone on a subject that I've dealt with before and that's fun. Simply put, I like the social aspect of the forum. I like the people here and for me, that's the big draw. Skeeter had a great idea. Put on a
    "get together" and I'll be there!

3.) What would you like to see added to the forum?
    I'm trying to get more involved in the "for sale" section. I literally have TONS of stuff that I don't use anymore and it may as well go to someone who can use it. Perhaps a "feedback" section for people who have had good or bad buying experiences with forum members could help. I trust the guys here far more than folks on Ebay or Craigs List.

4.) What is the worst part of the forum?
    The older threads. There is so much neat information there but it is so old, to post there would be a waste of time. I'd rather see it purged and as new folks come in, the subject could be resurrected.

Let me know so I can work on changing a few things around for you guys / gals.

Great place to be! Sensible moderation.....not too strict, not too lenient. Great group of folks.

Thanks for your hard work AND I AM GLAD TO BE A MEMBER!

Flash

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I haven't done one of these in a while, and we've got a number of new people, so I figured we'd get some ideas brewing.

1.) If it were your forum, what would you change?

I'd adjust the top-banner advertiser area. It takes up too much real estate. You could save room by creating one row top and one row bottom banners, or by simply rotating banner ads in place.

2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum?
    I'm not so much into the technicalities of guns. While I think they're interesting, I'm more of a KISS utilitarian guy. I would like to see expanded information and tips on tactical training, techniques, etc. That's a lot to ask, I know.

3.) What would you like to see added to the forum?
    I'd like to see a "Man Cave" group where guys can talk about guns, cigars, beer, women, etc., without offending the more refined visitors. We'd have a designated area where the rules of decorum are relaxed, and we could belch and fart, eat too much and unbuckle our pants, cuss as much as we want to, and just be pigs.

4.) What is the worst part of the forum?
    Liberals.

Ok, seriously... I'm probably being a bit hypocritical by suggesting we add yet another group, but I think the forum has too many groups. I also don't like the sub-groups. I don't know about others, but I rarely visit many of the groups, and I often forget that the sub-groups even exist. I think members miss out on interaction with other members who tend to congregate in one group or another. OR... perhaps you could create a "Hot Topics" area on the home page that lists the 5 or so posts with the most recent heavy activity to draw people into areas they might not otherwise venture.

All in all, I really like the forum. I have a few pet peeves, but they're personal. For instance, I'm not a big fan of cursing and foul language in the forums. I don't want a stupid filter to catch the dirty words. This should be something that is self-policing. Folks should exercise the proper respect and consideration, realizing that women and young people often visit these forums. We should set a good example. I think it's great that more and more women are getting into shooting, but I'd hate to know that we created a male-oriented environment in which they felt uncomfortable or unwelcome.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'd like to see a "Man Cave" group where guys can talk about guns, cigars, beer, women, etc., without offending the more refined visitors. We'd have a designated area where the rules of decorum are relaxed, and we could belch and fart, eat too much and unbuckle our pants, cuss as much as we want to, and just be pigs.

Ask and ye shall receive.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    MANDATORY CHANGE: Make TGTalk accessible from places of employment no matter what kind of filters your employer has installed.

Damn, I miss this place. :banghead:

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i love the man cave idea, and a few of the other ideas that have come up.
    but as far as fresh ideas? well ive grown accustomed to how things are, and really cant think of anyhting. thoguh if i do i will be abck to edit /repost.
    thanks a ton for this awesome forum!

Top Bottom