• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    How can TGT be improved? Update the search software for this forum! I've used a lot of forums in my time, but this forum's search feature takes the cake as the worst I've ever used. If at all possible, please improve the quality of forum searches. Thanks!

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    No problem, man! I'll have to resort to the Google method because TGT's search feature is that bad. As a test, I performed an advanced search using my username and words I knew were in the thread title and body of the text, and it returned no results.
    facepalm.gif

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    What about increasing the amount of pictures one can post? With the meets starting off well we could post pictures to draw more interest.

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    3 words...

publicly
    traded
    stock

That was 4 words! I counted! You tried to sneak that last one past as a seprate post!

But really - a more effective and better search capability to the threads would be great!
    We have a ton of very good information, from some very knowledgeable people, right here at out finger tips...
    There's nothing like knowing it's the, having seen it before, and NOT beeing able to find it later.
    So you have two choices - suffer in silence - or ask a question that someone else has asked before, possibly again and again.

I also think the writting contest was a great idea - Maybe expanding on that line of thinking with activities and rewards.
    Don't have to be difficult, don't have to be expensive. Maybe forum members would be willing to dontate 'smallish' goods and services as rewards.
    IDK - - Just kinda spitballin' an idea out there...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    What about increasing the amount of pictures one can post? With the meets starting off well we could post pictures to draw more interest.

Stuff like that ties the forum down. There's plenty of photo hosting services out there for free. When you have a thousand people using you for the bandwidth and hosting of pictures it causes unnecessary load and disc space on the server.

We're about to upgrade to a bigger box and we'll have to move all those pictures, those alone could take an hour to migrate.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Stuff like that ties the forum down. There's plenty of photo hosting services out there for free. When you have a thousand people using you for the bandwidth and hosting of pictures it causes unnecessary load and disc space on the server.

We're about to upgrade to a bigger box and we'll have to move all those pictures, those alone could take an hour to migrate.
    Didnt even think of it like that good point.

Top Bottom