• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootWhenICan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This whole Zimmerman self defense shooting has been nothing but complete scandals and lies from beginning to end.
    Starting with the race-baiters Jackson and Sharpton. [/FONT]

[h=2]Oh My: Prosecution’s Star Witness In Zimmerman Trial Can’t Read Letter She “Wrote” About Shooting[/h]
    ap_rachel_jeantel_ll_130627_16x9_992-550x309.jpg

Via ABC News:
    A teenage friend of Trayvon Martin was forced to admit today in the George Zimmerman murder trial that she did not write a letter that was sent to Martin’s mother describing what she allegedly heard on a phone call with Martin moments before he was shot.
    In a painfully embarassing moment, Rachel Jeantel was asked to read the letter out loud in court.
    “Are you able to read that at all?” defense attorney Don West asked.
    Jeantel, head bowed, eyes averted whispered into the court microphone, “Some but not all. I don’t read cursive.”
    It sent a hush through the packed courtroom.

ARJ Defense ad

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I don't think this is that big of a deal. It was understood from the beginning that she had help putting her words to paper and that someone else actually did the writting. She just could not read that persons handwriting and style. This could turn out bad if the defence really hammers her on it and the female jury takes it as they are bullying and picking on a 'special needs' person. They will have to be careful so as not to waste an opportunity to discredit her testimony. I think we can all see she is not the sharpest person in that courtroom........maybe not even in the top 99.9% of that category, but folks (imho women especially) don't take kindly to those who abuse the mentally impaired.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Where has it come out that she's mentally impaired (by legal definition, not popular observation)?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Where has it come out that she's mentally impaired (by legal definition, not popular observation)?

Have you been watching or reading about her????? From my perspective and what is being shown, just an observation. Since she is not being tried, why would a legal definition be in order? If I am picking it up, don't you think the jury is also?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    She did not actually write the letter herself, she dictated it to a friend in order to have it pretty.....she said so on the stand.

ETA: Just saw this was already mentioned.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    mentally impaired? lol... no
    She has an attitude problem... There's a huge difference between someone who has a learning disability and actually cares, and how this woman behaving. This woman just doesn't give a shit... about anything I'm starting to think.

You think they know the difference between right and wrong and are trying to 'throw' the case
    I'm beginning to wonder if that's not the case...

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    She angrily shouted "WHAT!" when she was axed to come and testify for another day.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    mentally impaired? lol... no
    She has an attitude problem... There's a huge difference between someone who has a learning disability and actually cares, and how this woman behaving. This woman just doesn't give a shit... about anything I'm starting to think.

I'm beginning to wonder if that's not the case...

She's probably pissed because they confiscated her ObamaPhone for evidence.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    I don't think she's mentally impaired, I think she is an average 19 yr old that is a product of a crappy education system. I do think she, like most 19 yr old girls, has an attitude problem, and doesn't really grasp the importance of her involvement as a witness in this case.

Top Bottom